Paisley Blue

they/them | 6.2.2020
lesbian & genderfluid | christian

full of wonder

Hey guys, I've been on a prose kick lately :) hope you don't mind the giant blocks of text!

This piece is inspired by the weird feeling I get when I look in the window and it's dark outside, so all I see is a reflection of myself. I always feel like even when I close the curtains, the reflection keeps watching me... anyone else like that? no? ...
A few of my pieces lately have been about denial... wonder what my unconscious mind is trying to tell me...

Anyways, if you have feedback lmk! I'd love to hear what you liked/didn't like. Hope your days are going well, and have a great night! <3

the little girl in your window--don't you recognize that stare?

13
let your tired hand / graze the curtains / pull them aside just / enough to see / stare out into the darkness until / you begin to see a face /

slightly blurred around the / edges / with eyes as black as the night shrouding you like / a cape / watch as it parts its lips / letting out a scream that could shatter glass /

or at least it could in your mind / because that's the only place that's making sound / other than the lights / which buzz like a / public restroom / filling you with the urge to run /

but the eyes hold you in place / they watch you until / you can't remember how long you've been here / only that your forehead is hot against the glass /

say goodbye to the ghostly echoes / as you close the curtains / and the reflection is hidden /

are you safe if you refuse to acknowledge / it's there?

• WitchyKittyKat

re: aww im so glad the butterfly project helps you :) it doesn't do so much for me, but i keep drawing them anyway. kind of hence the butterflies flying away

mm i adore the slightly haunted vibe of this piece. lovely work! alternatively: how have you been?

• WitchyKittyKat

re: OH MY GOD THATS MORE FUCKING BEAUTIFUL THAN WHAT I IMAGINED WHEN I WROTE IT I WISH MY IMAGINATION WORKED THAT WELL

• WitchyKittyKat

re: nah its ok. i would say yes to emailing, only i use a different name on the internet and my email has my real name... sorry. also do you want me to delete my comments on your pieces?

• antizoeclub

re: thank u !! so much!! ur so sweet ah <33

• WitchyKittyKat

re: hahaha i am all for messed up trains of thoughts! they're all i've ever known haha i just wish this website had a messaging system~

• WitchyKittyKat

re: aww thanks. okay so this is gonna sound super depressing but it's because around this time last year i fell (falling ahaha) into a super dark place but by the spring/summer i'd managed to get at least halfway better but now i feel like it's happening again only this time it's worse. :)

Whoops forgot to mention the actual name of the song: Numb

This is so good! It made me think of the line "Thoughts so loud all the speakers in my head are blowing out" by Dan Burke and Esther Dean (it's on the show Songland; watch the produced version).

• kiranpark

replying: thank you so much ahhh this is so kind !!1

• abby.a

and here ladies, gentleman, and non binary folk, was the solution to every single of of my childhood terrors. but seriously, i am in love with this. it's hauntingly beautiful <3

• acrosstheuniverse28

Oh man, that last line though! Serious chills happening right now, which goes to show how well written this piece is! Awesome job!
    Re: Thanks for your comment ;)

• lochnessie

ahhh that's unsettling. and also so good. and still unsettling.