FantasyOtter12

He/him
ISFJ-T
Scorpio
Love dystopian fiction!
Pianist
Bookworm
*Est. 7/6/20*
OtterFAMMM
Phlegmatic-Sanguine

~Abnegation and son of Poseidon (Apparently. Always thought Poseidon was interesting. Hm)

~Joined with best friends jztpenguin and mindfruit!!

~WtW adopted by ze amazing Anne Blackwood ^-^

~ "A writer's job is to make the unclear clear and the clear unclear" ~mindfruit

~Psh I'm not stressed. You're stressed. hmph

~Not on "hiatus" but just like "gone" for sporadic periods of time. Lol

Forgotten Blue Skies

18
I've forgotten what a blue sky looks like

The only way i remember that mystical color blue now

is by coloring

with my blue colored pencil.

My sky is grey

like on a super cloudy day

where the skies are threatening to rain.

But it isn't raining water now.

White ash

that falls from the sky

so much you can pick it up and throw it into the air

to have more fall back on you and make you cough

make you choke

until you feel trapped inside

by those treacherous grey skies
Inspired by Anne Blackwood's pieces Ashen and Toxic Aftermath about the fires in California (US).

• September 11, 2020 - 10:08am (Now Viewing)

• Figwit

Wow! Blue skies are pretty much the norm where I live, but I can imagine having only smoke. Loved this :)

• Wisp

Oh my gosh, I totally get this. The gray skies here are really putting a damper on my mood and it's just so depressing. I'm ready for my blue skies to come back.
    Replying: Of course I didn't mean annoyingly! I loved (And still do) seeing your name come up on the dashboard, and you were always so supportive of others and my work as well. You definitely deserve your 100 followers! (Sorry for not being clear lol)

• RemovedUser1

Ya know, I never realized that the fires affected Californians until I read y’all’s papers. I always thought it was in the “wild.” But this poem is amazing. And sad. I hope it’s over soon!

• Harzi

Wow, this makes me somehow emotional. It has been on the news lately, even in our local broadcasts, and I just can't help but be sad and alarmed at the same time. I really hope and pray that everything will be fine soon. Stay strong and safe! <3

• Rohan’s Defender

Aww, I’m so sorry!!! That must be awful. But it’s a great piece. I’ve been praying for you all!

Really great piece. Thanks for the shoutout. :) But yeah... It's not fun.

• ~Zoe N~

Nice piece. It's like that where I live too (Colorado) the other day everything was completely white, ash was falling everywhere and it smelled like a huge bonfire... It was like it was snowing, but the temperature was 97 degrees. It's like you said. It makes you feel trapped.