sci-Fi

call me fi ;) she/they
CA alumni
POC and LGBTQ+ lives matter
feminist
cuz its too cOoOLLdd...
book recs plsss <3 goodreads: philoso_fi

Juliet - Cavetown
03:12 ●━━━━━━─────── 4:28
⇆ㅤㅤㅤㅤ◁ㅤㅤ❚❚ㅤㅤ▷ㅤㅤㅤㅤ↻

"But wasn't that what every girl dreamed? That she'd wake up and find herself a princess? Or blessed with magical powers and a grand destiny? Maybe there were people who lived those lives...But what about the rest of us? What about the nobodies and the nothings, the invisible girls? We learn to hold our heads as if we wear crowns. We learn to wring magic from the ordinary. That was how you survived when you weren't chosen, when there was no royal blood in your veins. When the world owed you nothing, you demanded something of it anyway."
- Inej Ghafa, Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo

and the world was burned

4
She stares out the window.

One year ago she would have seen a yellow-green field, a quiet breeze disturbing the grasses and the tops of the trees that were huddled off to the side. She would have seen a clear blue sky, maybe speckled with a cloud or two, or an airplane streaking across the heavens leaving a tail of fumes in it's wake. 

Now she can't see the lovely blue sky, and the field has either been burnt or wilted from lack of sun. The sky had been blackened, and ash rains down like the dead flakes of it's former grandeur. She can no longer see the trees, not even the sturdy little oak that she used to climb.

Everything is gone. And there's nothing she can do.
I'm really lucky I don't live on the west coast right now. I really hope that everyone who does is safe and healthy. <3

• Blue Moons

This is such a wonderful piece! Quiet and heartbreaking, it made me Feel Things...
    Also, replying: thank you so much! I’m glad other people are taking note of it, it really means a lot to one living over here. And your well wishes are much appreciated, thank you :)

• Huba Huba

This is so sad............. but true.

• ~Zoe~

Wow. I love the name, nice!!