Paisley Blue

she/they | minnesotan
INFP-T, lesbian, christian
--
est. June 2, 2020

absolutely in love with words
theater geek and musician
trying to spread kindness and love and all that jazz <3

tell me what's on your mind
:)

Hey dears! Sorry for the lack of new writing recently. Just started high school :0 (yeah, i can't believe it either!). Fall has hit hard and fast here in Minnesota--three days ago, i was wearing shorts and sweating in the AC, now i wrap myself in blankets, huddle by the fire, and pray my toes won't fall off when i go outside!
(okay maybe that was exaggerating it a little bit, but still. Compared to 90 degree weather, 40 degrees is pretty darn cold).

Hope all of you are well! I'm always up to chatting--shoot me a comment! happy writing, dears! <3

quell the shaking; maybe you'll be fine if you pretend it isn't happening

13
wrap yourself in hope / try to keep yourself warm with shreds of / used dreams / that you found at a thrift store. Someone's story gone / wrong.

step into the world / try not to shake as the air bombards you / no point in shivering now / still / its hard to quell the spasms that / overcome you.

the chill bites / like the cinnamon still lingering on your tongue / but this is stale / you stare with blank eyes at the scene that has played / too many times before / you know it all / down to the puff of white that dances from your / lips.

feel your skin / begin / to freeze / [stop shaking i said] / brittle as cold / dry / bones / your fingers 

crack

crack

crack

off / one / by / one / tears freeze in your eyes / throwing the world / underwater.

wind whistles past your ice-cold ears. 

relief doesn't come until / your skin goes numb / fight the darkness until / you have to

succumb

• abby.a

wow.... the singular word i could produce for this piece is wow...

• poetri

reply: ugh fineeee here's ur breath back...i guessthievery isn't the best habit to get into hehe :)
    also ella what the hECK THIS IS STUNNING

• Lexi Birken

The rhyme to the piece is amazing! I always love how filled with emotion your work is, great job!
    Also, I'm okay that it's cold here in MN. Bring on the sweater weather! ;)

"the chill bites / like the cinnamon still lingering on your tongue / but this is stale / you stare with blank eyes at the scene that has played / too many times before /" ahh love the sensory imagery in this piece, definite fall vibes! even though fall, as a season is basically non existent here lmao

• Abrianna

Re: well yeah, I guess that isn't cold.:) For September it is though. I live in WV we recently moved here from PA. I've always thought living near the great lakes would be awesome! That's so cool you live in MN. It never gets -15 here, and we don't usually get much snow which kinda sucks. *kid at heart* I'll never get tired of sledding, xd, and being such a kid is why I can't even walk rn.

"[stop shaking i said] / brittle as cold / dry / bones" mmm loved how? atmospheric that line was, if that makes any sense. and haha over in my parts, 60-70 is cold and we're usually about 80-100! dang. minnesota seems nice though: i really like the cold! and good luck with high school, enjoy freshman year while you can! and if you have homecoming, have fun with it! stay safe and well!

Yep F'Otter and I are in the same boat so Imma just ditto

Wow I'm over 100 degrees over here with all the fires and stuff :(
    This is an absolutely incredible poem i love it :)

• Century Friend

"try to keep yourself warm with shreds of / used dreams / that you found at a thrift store." Wow. You capture so much feeling in this piece, and the whole thing is beautiful but also a bit sad.

• Abrianna

Incredible! I always love your writing though.:)
    Wow, 40 degrees is super cold! Here it's in the lovely 70s which is awesome.