naomi ling

est. 6/14/20

wow..... a bit of a hiatus i see BUT all is not lost i've been posting more on le sister site *wink wink* so do connect there!

(a big block of text i hope it's not too intimidating)

are there fresh faces on wtw already?? welcome, we're so glad you're here, feel free to ask any questions or say hello below!!

drainage

18
it's been years since you've tasted shampoo between your lips / metallic sprite; it is raw & chemical & tainted & bubbles / and tonight it dissolves into unwound flesh / vision blurs as you scrub your sins raw / there is stillness in the tub, but / the slightest tremor sends ripples across your body / your spine folds like paper: arching / reaching / and maybe there is pleasure, but it crumples in your palms before sorrow / and [maybe] there wouldn't be so much soap leftover if you had just / swallowed it / with the empty promises / and maybe they tasted good with the thrum of your temples as he / sent that text at 3:42AM / maybe you should've left it on read, maybe you should've said " -- " / and maybe you're an addict to him now, maybe you're still wanting / lukewarm water presses against your nape, whispers effigies in your ear / [tells you that he treated you like every other] / scrape asphalt out of chipped fingernails / press memory out of tingling lips / this hour blurs into midnight into dawn and into dusk, and so / you swim in stillwater with shriveled toes / 
down, down the drain it swirls. 

• September 17, 2020 - 9:27am (Now Viewing)

this whole thing is fantastic but dang that simile "your spine folds like paper" is !!

• lil_radish107

COME TO THE RADISH PARTY!! WE HAS CHOCOLATE CAKE AND RADISHES (Together and separately, as you so desire) OMNOMONOMNOM

• Forever Your Loving Friend and Servant

Replying: Yes, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that afros are ugly; it wasn't what he said, it was the way he said it, and I will rectify the mistake ASAP.

• kealoha

Wow, this is stunning

• Eblinn

"metallic sprite; it is raw & chemical & tainted & bubbles / and tonight it dissolves into unwound flesh"
    such an amazing piece!

• madeline3.14159

hiii!!! I'm pretty new to Wtw :) this piece is amazing!!! Words cannot describe...

wow... this is so stunning. I am amazed all over again! "there is stillness in the tub, but / the slightest tremor sends ripples across your body / your spine folds like paper: arching / reaching / and maybe there is pleasure, but it crumples in your palms before sorrow" so powerful. Wow l. Your imagery is insane and the emotions... gosh I'm gonna need to recover from this!!! Seriously amazing <3