poetri

thanks i hate it

hi

in fall we break

and i want to write poems about          sex/ual/things      try to make worlds of Body
i'm Body
your Body you're Body

tried to put it in a poem to break the internet a couple times and it never worked out
how much    {f!Ll in Th3 b|anK}   does it take to break open the
                                 sternum
                    /and scream like a banshee/
                               the coming of age vibes are immaculate.
                                        i was raised to be afraid of the ocean
                    but they took us end of season and we loved it so much.
the tide will not kill her. they learned to coexist            i am so much calmer now.
     she turns                               i turn
                       seventeen soon                seventeen soon                       
                                                ten twenty ten twenty ten twenty
how much does she need to break her sternum and let her heart pour out???
    it's an interesting world she lives in--raised to be afraid of the ocean and love but maybe
beauty is just a little terrifying at first and in fall
       we    break   things
ten twenty ten twenty ten twenty                                             she turns into a queen.
                                                     i'll watch like she's on the tv.
                                   our class screams at the blue hair and i scream right back--
                                                                (september)

and we think she's rated          r         for sex/ual/things for language         r for riley
r for rise
not admitted under seventeen but the theatres are still closed anyway.
 ten twenty i can see myself alone.

rocks tear holes in her stomach they heal they're from the ocean
  they took her to the ocean, she loved it                            they took me to the ocean
                                                              i think i remember?       i don't.
   ten twenty we'll talk about their memories of me--i think i remember?      i don't.
                                                the elementary school is just a flash of light.
                                          it was there once, chalk it up to the $p0okY S3a$0n
                        it's just a flash of light                                              a candle on a cake
                          she's a horror film: to scream cusses, stare directly at the camera 
           ten twenty ten twenty                                                                ten twenty
                                              the only ones left, we're--all that there is
                                            so sleep in the bed with a shame that cannot be undone.
                                                                      (october)

in the ocean is where they      broke       us     made me remember poems about sex/ual/things
              made me remember feeling in love.
              but it is my first.                            no matter who wins, let's run off to canada.

i heard she's been ghosted        no, she's been ghosting       does it hurt to be lied to by your very best friend?
             it's cold enough to dress like a skateboarder. 
             pack little candies in your lunch
             i           am             thankful              for
the scalpels in biology class that taught me how far i needed to go to set my sternum free and scream like a banshee
          six inches in length one inch wide
  and only a fraction deep. and only a fraction deep.
                   did you know i turn eighteen next year?
                                                                   (november) 

the only real human in the world--ten twenty ten twenty ten twenty
1) i said i was done posting poems
2) i think i lied
3) i know what this prompt wanted me to say but i'm never one for conventionalism and the words just poured so here's the heaven of being sixteen and fall (the her is me--it represents watching your memories years later) anyway, i know it's super weird and it's a lot of words...you don't have to get it. but if you do, that's really cool.
all the best, kiddos. it's good to be back--i should post more :)

• September 12, 2020 - 8:16am (Now Viewing)

• Ella R. Baker

Ooooh I love it I love it I love it! I’m all for unconventionality especially when it’s so well done by you!! I think I know what you mean by watching your memories and seeing the freedom you didn’t know you had. Still walking with a bounce in your step, heart as light as a feather. :D it’s lovely and makes me feel all nostalgic.

• A Rose

this is gorgeous, once again.

Ah every time I read this I love it more <33 just wanted to say I miss seeing you around here :)

• ~Zoe N~

Re: Yeah, I know i'm late but I had published it a while ago but they took it down. They have been also taking down a lot of my pieces lately as well so... I decided that I would repost it.

• antizoeclub

re: thank you sm!! this piece is incredible so that is the highest compliment coming from u <333

• dovetrees

reply: oh, thank you!! that means so much from a legend such as yourself :")
    also, the formatting of this piece gives the most gorgeous effect to the words you've crafted. there are so many emotions and thoughts that come together to create something incredible :)

• Forever Your Loving Friend and Servant

Replying: Oh, and I'm taking the hiatus because I have always prided myself in not discriminating or saying anything that is discriminatory in nature, but apparently...I'm just like all those bad people out in the world. So...I need some time to find myself and be honest with myself. My flaws are something that I should be aware of, and I definitely wasn't aware of this in myself.

Replying: Thank you for forgiving me. I honestly can't even remember what I was thinking when I was writing that, but I do know that I had no evil intentions and I'm sorry that I was such an ignoramus and published it without re-reading it. Again, thank you for your forgiveness; I really don't deserve it.

Replying: I'm terribly sorry; I am educated in those matters. I think my mistake was I didn't clarify that it wasn't what he said that bothered me, more the way he said it. Yes, afros are gorgeous and I'm really sorry if I offended you. :(

• ava09 (angels, auroras and sad prose #holidayvibes)

i have absolutely no words fduifaynuf.....the formatting makes this piece so incredible captivating and your words are just magic. i've reread it like 5 times already because i just can't get enough...i'm so happy you're not done posting poems yours are always incredible (as is all your writing) and now i'll stop typing before i gush too much but this poemmmmmm ahh it's so good! <3

• Karma's_Coming

Replying: ahh, thanks for reminding me. My friend spells his with an e, so I guess I’ll have to briefly expel that from my memory. Thanks for the kind comment though.

• ek503

aggkjsdh this is so so good!! the formatting definitely adds to the reminiscing vibes really well. and now that outoftheblue mentioned the redacted thing, i think i get the connection between that and the replaying memories (def let me know if my 'realization' is completely missing the point). so happy you're still posting poems <3

• erin!

replying: ah! i'm blushing so hard calling my poems radiant was one of the best compliments i've ever received. thank you dear <3

• mistletoe3.14159 (#Holidayvibes)

This was so good!!! I am in love with the formatting and basically all of it!!!!! AMAZING JOB!!!!

Replying: thank you for your kind words... and my breath ;) I am quite fond of it...

Wow... you have captured my breath. I'd like it back, please? ;) so good, i honestly can't believe it. i don't have words to praise this enough. wow...

• revvi

omg like this alot

" sternum
    /and scream like a banshee/
    the coming of age vibes are immaculate.
    i was raised to be afraid of the ocean
    but they took us end of season and we loved it so much." AHHHHHH WHAT THE HECK THIS IS UNEXPECTED BUT OMF WOWW
    the formatting!!! the curse/redacted word thing!! i am incapable of leaving coherent comments bc this is gonna blow up and im so ready ahhh