beth r.

... just your average teenage writer

hi! feel free to use this as a prompt- keep a look out for part 2!
sooo i got an email from WtW. They said if I write one more piece that "lacks depth/is too casual", they're gonna suspend my account (!?). Not sure what I did wrong, but I guess I'll have to stop writing personal/relatable/humanizing pieces.
Welp. How's your day going?

if school subjects were teenagers- part 1

17
English/Literature- She would have a long, red braid coming over her shoulder. She would be the one always day dreaming, a smile on her freckled- covered face. She would wear flowy sundresses, and be everyone's best friend.
Math- He would wear all black and listen to classical music. He's mad at his parents, and takes it out on anyone in a 10-mile radius. He's a closed book, and is hard to understand.
History- They have it all together on the outside; sweater vests, polite smiles, straight A's. Deep down however, they love to listen to punk rock and write angsty poems.  

• madeline3.14159

That legit makes me so mad... Your pieces always make me laugh... I'm not sure what exactly is wrong with that. Ergh... :(

• sci-Fi

Ahhh I love this piece!!!
    Hm. That is a little strange admin would do that... you're style of writing is comedic, it's just who you are. I'm sorry that happened.

• Ibex

I can totally picture Literature with red hair.
    But seriously, that's disappointing that they might suspend your account. I have to agree with a lot of the comments that I worried about your work at the beginning, but thought you were in the clear after a good while passed and nothing happened. But oh well.

wAIT NO HOW DARE THEY THREATEN TO SUSPEND THIS... that makes me so mad. your writing makes me smile, gives me a little break from my pain. I can't believe that. :( if i wasn't so attached to this place, i'd leave just to protest that! :(
    this is a great piece <333

• AbellePuppy34

Too funny and too true!

• Jo Margaux

I love this piece! I hope you don't get kicked off :( I love your writing! :)

• Jasmine khawar

Or maybe I didn't noticed if they took them down.....

• Jasmine khawar

WHAT? they'll suspend your account? That's too much now! I absolutely love your writing, from the beginning i thought about your work, because it was casual and I felt that they will took it down, but they didn't so I was like- okay, that's good!
    Now tell me how your days are going?

ARGH, I can't even appreciate this piece as much as it deserves because I'm so mad about the admins. I understand what they're doing, and I've been fairly worried about you since your work is often more on the casual side, but I really believed that they'd decided it was just casual creative nonfiction. I should've known better. I mean, I'm an extremely rule-following, traditionalist person, but I've still gotten several of those condescending emails.

• Karma's_Coming

(Replying to your message board) That could actually be really offensive. I’ve gotten a few emails from them, and they always overload it with the whole “you’re so important to this site” stuff. But saying that a piece lacks depth? That’s actually really rude. I hope your day gets better. And for what it’s worth, I love your writing.

Replying: Yea, I definitely try to catch these things and support these writers because the editors are getting a bit harder, both from my experience and what the veterans say :(

• (sk)eyesofocher

That just isn't right. WtW has gotten a bit strict, but if you get taken off I'm really going to leave because I've seen too many good people leave because of it. I almost left once after they rejected my first competition piece, but I decided to stay, because there still are many good people I've met. My day is going fine, I guess, but I really don't want to read Ivanhoe, and Inkspell is very distracting lol.
    Also, I think I'd have to be the first one, even though my hair is brown!

Oh noooo. Wow the bad days really do go around...That really really sucks :( For what its worth, I absolutely LOVED your hilarious writing. <3