_._._AMELIA_._._

Peer review, please.

Diary of a Jewish Girl in WW2

Dear Diary,                                                                  20th September 1939

Today is my 10th birthday. I had my birthday party; all my friends came. It was a wonderful day. My life is perfect. Nothing can ruin my life right now.

Dear Diary,                                                                  1st October 1939

I was wrong, my life is not perfect. He is killing every Jew. I hate it here. He is going to kill my family and me. We all want to get rid of him. Hopefully he will die soon. It has been 1 month since he started killing them, hopefully he doesn’t find us before we can escape. I would hate to be his wife. He was born on 20th April 1889. His poor mama, Klara Hitler and his papa, Alois Hitler.

Dear Diary,                                                                  6th October 1939

Yesterday my papa and my brother, Jakob were asked to go war. I want to see them. I want them to come back. We are suffering and it has only just been a day.

Dear Diary,                                                                  9th October 1939

The Nazis came to our house today. We had to hide. They yelled at mama because we are Jewish. My brother told one of the other soldiers that he was Jewish and they told the Nazi so they could kill papa, Jakob, mama, my sisters and I. They found Carla and Salma my sisters but they didn’t find Charlotte my 18-year-old sister and they didn’t find me either. I cried and cried and cried. I couldn’t stop crying. I was so sad. Why had that happened, I wondered.

Dear Diary,                                                                  11th October 1939

I had nothing to do today, so I decided to clean the house. I was struggling, mentally, a lot. I wanted to give up so many times but I kept pushing myself. It was very, very hard emotionally. Charlotte helped me through it though. She told me that things would be ok.

Dear Diary,                                                                  20th October 1939

Today the Nazis came back to our house. Charlotte and I had to hide. We didn’t want the Nazis to find us. They yelled, “Whoever is in here, come out! Now! We will not go away until you come out.” One hour of Charlotte and me hiding, then they finally left.

Dear Diary,                                                                  12th November 1939

Today we had to change our identity. Charlotte changed her name to Monika but, I still call her Charlotte at home. I changed my name to Emiline.

Dear Diary,                                                                  25th December 1939

Today is Christmas. Finally, it is almost the end of the year. Hopefully the war stops soon. We decided to put the Christmas tree up and celebrate Christmas. It was terrible without mama, papa, Jakob, Carla and Salma. I wish they were here. Charlotte gave me some sweets. They were very yummy, but I did share with her.

Dear Diary,                                                                  23rd January 1940

Today was my best friend Elisabeth’s birthday. I gave her a little Cuckoo clock. She loved it. Our other friends went over to her house for her party. We had an amazing time.

Dear Diary,                                                                  9th October 1940

I can’t believe that it has been one year. It has been one year since mama, Clara and Salma died. Things are tough. Food is scarce and we are scared. Will this ever end?

Dear Diary,                                                                  9th October 1944

I can’t believe that it has been five years. It has been five years since mama, Clara and Salma died. Charlotte was right, things would get a bit better. We are still struggling though, to find food.

Dear Diary,                                                                  30th April 1945

He finally died. He is gone. Hitler died today.

Dear Diary,                                                                  8th May 1945

It is finally the end of the war. Charlotte is much less stressed, which is really nice.

• September 22, 2020 - 7:49am (Now Viewing)

• Cosmogyral

if you plan to submit this draft then goodluck! remember to be confident in your work!