Rohan’s Defender

She
14
* Joined in July*
Homeschooled
Girl Scout
Equestrian
LOTR and The Hunger Games
I have a HG fan fiction series!
Officially Peeta Mellark’s girl❤️
(I officially claimed him on 9-24!)
#TeamGeetaForTheWin!

I dedicate my writing to my parents and my sis Zi. Oreo and Company forever!

Kit-Kat Sully, SavannaC!, books4life, ava09, FantasyOtter12, Lata.B (my fan fic sis), madeline3.14159, Bhavya’s Treasure (WtW big sis), beth r. (my WtW twin), LindytheRavenclaw (my WtW sis), Anne Blackwood (WtW mom), Stone of Jade, Busssy.Bee, Emi, Hanbanhandstand, Rose A.

Go say hi to my AMAZING WtW twin,
V-Rose! Check out her great story: Flying on Broken Wings!

The Lost Letters of Panem: my new collab with Coolgirl2020 (my WtW sis)

Go see my great friend and WtW bro mindfruit! He’s awesome!

“Only, I keep wishing I could think of a way to...to show the Capitol they don’t own me. That I’m more than just a piece in their Games.” - Peeta Mellark

The Taste of Pure Light

29
Sunlight tastes like a tingly feeling on your tongue. It spreads all over you, as sweet as a thousand honeysuckles. It engulfs you, lifting you up out of your troubles and filling your mind and hear with joy and light. 
  It is pure, and you can taste its purity if you only take a moment to let it sink in. It tastes like freedom, like memories, like a gentle kiss from the sun.
 But what is it? What is this glorious light?
 It is laughter. It is smiles. It is kindness.
 It is sensitivity and encouragement.
 It is being there for someone who needs it.

What is sunlight? 

Sunlight is good, and in turn, good actions spread light in this dark world.

How does sunlight taste?

It tastes like helping others.
This is based off a prompt my friend V-Rose found called “What Does Sunlight Taste Like?” Hope you enjoy!

1

• Currently Unavailable

Wow, love this! <3

• Jasmine khawar

Can't describe in words how much I love thisssssssss!!! It's so creative and beautiful. I can't choose a favorite line, cuz all are incredible!
    And I see you're on the way to 100 followers :D
    So happy!!!

• RemovedUser1

Oh, and of course I’ll review one of your papers! I only have one or two I need to review, so be expecting one soon!

• RemovedUser1

Hey, Eden!! So, I finally wrote a paper based off of this prompt: Taste the Sunlight https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/191375/version/387565
    I hope you like it! Oh, and I started following V-Rose and read her work and it was as good as you said, XD!

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: THANK YOU EDEN for the SHOUT-OUT in the message box! :D You're such an encouraging being... Love!
    I'm sorry I would not able to read your BEAUTIFUL work for a few days (till Sep 27) because of my Exams but as soon as I would be done with them, I'm gonna glide to read Escape from District Chapter 11 :D
    Yes, each country is beautiful in its own way. I also want to travel around and maybe we will bump into each other at the airport some day. XD
    If you're not busy or caught up in some indispensable task and if you FEEL like (only then) reviewing something, then I'd be highly obliged to have an insightful review on "Aam". I've read some of your reviews and I feel you grasp the essence of the piece very well. :)

PS: Early b'day wishes to your lovely grandma! :))

oh wow. i don't know how i missed you publishing this! This is so amazing! to me it's like a tribute to the end of summer and the start of a new school year. This is amazing!

• TheSpellcheckSurvivor

So, so beautiful! this is piece is breathtaking.

• RemovedUser1

I just realized why you have so many comments.... because you comment on everyone else’s page! They’re all replying to you because your comments are so nice that they need to be replied too!

• RemovedUser1

Replying: Same here! I’ve been on here a month and 60 followers? Such a supportive community! And you’ve been so amazing and impacting my writing (and regular) life so much. And that’s so nice! I’m so glad you get to do it again! Piper (my sister) is the same way and is so happy giving toys; it’s adorable.

• madeline3.14159

Re: ooooh. There's a lot. :) Some of my recent favs include Keeper of the Lost Cities by Shannon Messenger, Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss, and basically everything by Brandon Sanderson. I've kinda been binge reading his books all summer XD
    What about you?

• RemovedUser1

Oh, and my original comment was too long, so I’ve typed this out like three times XD.

• RemovedUser1

Replying: And that’s so cool you were able to do that! I’ve never been part of a girls scouts, but we have done the shoeboxes before, and I loved it! It’s such a great outreach that normal people (like us, XD) can do. Are you going to be able to do it this year?

• RemovedUser1

Replying: Oh my gosh, thank you! Your comments are amazing. You are such an encourager! I’m so glad you liked it. I’ve met all those kids and they’re amazing. Your comment made my day.

• RemovedUser1

Wow, 22 comments and 50 comments! Pop-U-Lar!

• madeline3.14159

Just posted a review :)

• madeline3.14159

Thank you so much!! Is there a specific one you would like me to review?

• beth r.

re: you know i can't forget my daily dose girl XD

• beth r.

re yup, i'm good! how are you?

• ChocolateKiwi

This is an amazing piece!

Replying: Thank you for all the kind words! To answer you’re question about if I’m going to make more of them, I’m thinking of making it like a book or something so there will be a few more. Also part 10 is published!
    Sry, this is one of my first times replying I hope I did this right!

Reply: I get your point. And ya know, I'm just speechless by all of your continued support <3

• erin!

replying: thank you for all of your kind words! to answer your question, i haven't been to prom yet, but i'm on the planning committee for my prom this year!

Re: Looooove ur enthusiasm XD I think u should check out this tho: https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/183198/version/368550

• rainydayz

amazing piece! i love this beautiful take on describing sunlight.
    re: thank you so much for reviewing. is there any piece in particular that you would like me to review or are you in the middle of writing a piece for the competition that you would like reviewed in the near future just lmk

• beth r.

re: don't worry about it!! do u want me to delete mine?

• Currently Unavailable

Replying: Thanks so much! I've recently become OBSESSED with sloths and it's too bad that we can't have them as pets.

• Bhavya's Treasure

Once again hello!
    I just wanted to let you know that Lata.B and Coolgirl had also agreed upon doing the review for my piece Aam yesterday. So, if you REALLY feel like reviewing then only review it. I didn't want to sound too desperate or be selfish. :p
    Just don't take it as a compulsion at all. You're one of my best friends here and to hear from you is always a DELIGHT! :D
    So, do as your pretty heart says! :)

• Landofstories

replying: ? okay

• dovetrees

reply: aww thank you so much!!

• Bhavya's Treasure

Re: You never fail to make me squeal with joy @Rohan's Defender! :D
    It's so good at WtW indeed. You get to know others so well and allow yourself to be known among so friendly strangers!
    I can't thank you enough for the offer. If you feel like reviewing that piece then I'm on cloud nine!
    Hugs and Love! <3

I would love to reciprocate the favour of course if you need any but only after Sep 27 (my final exam) :)

• Landofstories

replying: Ah that makes a lot of sense!

• RemovedUser1

Replying: No problem. And you know, you’re so sweet. You’re always asking me how I’m doing and stuff like I’m more than just some words on a screen. To answer your question, I’m doing amazing. Just ate Chobani mango yogurt with chocolate chips..... YUM! And of course I’ll notify you when I post one! I’m not going to be posting as much because I’m working on my Historical Fiction, but I’m really excited to do this prompt!

• Bhavya's Treasure

Woah! The way you painted sunlight sent warmth through me...
    It's such a serene and hopeful read! And the philosophy in the last line shines beautifully. Sun is helping the whole Earth to survive and so we all should be like sunlight in other's lives and eradicate the darkness through pure light of our soul! *o*

The prompt by V-Rose is indeed very creative and your piece seems to meet its expectations to the fullest!

Re: Thanks a lot dear. The only problem I'm facing with that piece (Aam) is it's way too long (1200+ words) and I don't know what I should cut.

And I am so happy that my comments could usher a special joy to you! <3

• LindytheRavenclaw

re: OMG THAT'S SUCH A HARD QUESTION..... in LotR, I really love Sam and Legolas, but Gandalf is always great lol. In the Hunger Games, most likely Finnick *cries* and Johanna, but the star-crossed lovers are great! And yes, I saw your fanfic but I've been preoccupied with school and really want to read it but haven't, but I'm headed over nooooow

• Landofstories

replying: of course! oh cool, i didn't notice that in the bio oops! Always - you've never been to public or private or anything? Have you ever wanted to? That's interesting - I've always wondered what that would be like!

• LindytheRavenclaw

I love seeing your profile on my dash because you always have something to say about THG or LotR! Also, did you like The Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes?

• beth r.

re: thanks, I'll check it out!

• mindfruit

Re: Thanks for mentioning the prequel series! I will definitely check that out, right after I finish reading Mockingjay and your fan fiction :) I agree Peeta is really sweet and protective. I actually feel really bad for him at the end of HG due to some events I won't mention just in case they spoil the story for someone else (but I think you know what I'm talking about). I'll just call you Rohan for now, I don't know why, just seems right :)

Replying:You do seem to say that a lot and I'm so grateful for all of your support :)

Also how did I not see this piece until now...The message is so nice!! "It tastes like helping others."

• mindfruit

So sorry that I didn't see this piece until now! And goodness, this is beautiful (wow, that's the first time I've ever said "goodness"). The imagery and sensory details are amazing, especially in the line "It spreads all over you, as sweet as a thousand honeysuckles." This is really inspiring, and nice work Rohan (is it okay if I call you that?)

Re: I LOVE THE HUNGER GAMES SERIES! Thanks so much for the recommendation, I was a bit unsure of it at first but now I can't stop reading it. Not sure who my favorite character is, but I'd say Haymitch is definitely in my top three. He's a really complex character.

This is lovely! I like how you sort of personify sunlight in this way. This is so encouraging and full of almost a challenge or call to action.

• beth r.

re: i haven't read LOTR or the hunger games sequels, although i did read the original trilogy. yes, peter's my favorite XD

• RemovedUser1

My gosh, this is like.... totally amazing! I’m going to have to do this prompt, but I don’t know if it’ll be as good as yours! I love this so freakin much I don’t even have words. And I ALWAYS have words! This made me feel so warm and, dare I say, sunny XD.

• beth r.

re: literally anything marvel, or based on a book series
    yesss peeta!
    just saw the shout out in your bio- thank you so much!!

• beth r.

re: gurlll you make me blush :)
    you're so sweet, and I love your pieces too!
    Lol yes twinss

• beth r.

re: also your comments are the sweetest thing :)

• beth r.

beautiful as always!
    re: heyyyy thanks! how are you?

Replying: Thanks <3

• acrosstheuniverse28

Oh my gosh, I love this piece sooo much! Beautiful metaphors, and those last 4 lines are so true!

• Landofstories

re: No of course not :) I'm great, school's just about to start - I'm doing online. What about you?

• birthdaycandles

This is so poetic and uplifting, I love it dearly!

Re: Oh my, I hope your Dad has recovered well! That must’ve been so challenging and scary, I hope he didn’t suffer too much! Also, being 18 now is well meh, being 18 in a pandemic definitely doesn’t feel as freeing as it probably would pre-pandemic, but hey that’s life I guess. Thanks for your comments, your so so lovely and they make me smile a lot :)

• Landofstories

oh wow, i absolutely LOVE this, it's so descriptive and beautiful and meaningful!
    replying: THANK YOU SO MUCH lol :) !!! I'm glad you liked the piece and I'm so flattered by that comment - it means a lot to me! ah thank you, i'm glad i conveyed a welcoming message, so hiiiiiiiii friend! it's nice to meet you (albeit virtually but nice nonetheless) !

Awwww this is so sweet!

• lochnessie

replying: thank you so much! and hi!!

• Abrianna

Re: thanks so much for the comment! Totally agree.
    btw, amazing piece here!

The author of GONE is Michael Grant. Have a great day :)

• books4life

btw chapter 2 of zeus' eagle is out!

• Aneeba Asad

A Huge fan of hunger games too;)

• Aneeba Asad

Replying:Thank you:)...By the way I am also 14

Replying: Lol funny comment. You could look up what boba is i guess :)

• JustAnotherDarling

I feel like I'm about to stick my tongue out the next time I'm in the sun, and then compare the taste to honeysuckle!
    Re: A fellow extrovert!! I'm sorry to hear that things have been tough on your end too, but maybe we can tough it out together <3
    And thank you so much!! I did take my profile picture; it's actually of some honeysuckle that dangled into my path one day :)

• V-Rose

Chapter 13 of Flying on Broken Wings!

Aw i like this!!

• amazing grace

great! I will so check it out.
    By the way I'm also homeschooled.

• V-Rose

Wow! This is awesome! Great job!