Jo Rejoicing [ChildOfGod]

Homeschooled
Multilingual
Artist
Pianist
Narnian
Annieran
Redwaller
Joshua 1:9

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us REJOICE and be glad in it." - Psalm 118:24

"A cross meant to kill is my victory." (My Victory, by Crowder)
"In Christ alone, my hope is found. He is my light, my strength, my song." (In Christ Alone, by Stuart Townend)

My mind is like a good book in three respects: (1) that it is easy to get lost in it; (2) that it has lots of unexpected twists; and (3) that there is never really an end.

"From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king." - J. R. R. Tolkien

pros and cons of being homeschooled

6
PROS:
  • You can take breaks when ever you want/need to. 
  • It's no big deal if you don't finish (but like, don't purposely skip subjects of course).
  • You can switch curriculums if you don't like your current one. 
  • You can eat and do school at the same time. 
  • You can do school outside if you want to. 
  • If you do today's school and tomorrow's school today, you've already tomorrow's school, so you're free then. 
  • Your parents can more easily control your education and exposure to things.
  • You can be done school for the day by like, 11:20 A.M. 

CONS:
  • Less social interaction. 
  • You still have to do algebra. 
  • If you have siblings, then it'll be really loud because they're probably doing school too, if not in the same room...(you just have to get used to it; I did). 
Of course, everyone homeschools differently, but these are the pros and cons for me. I would not trade being homeschooled for going to public school though! (Not saying anything against public schools, but I've been homeschooled my whole life so switching would be super weird for me.)

• September 6, 2020 - 10:36am (Now Viewing)

• (sk)eyesofocher

SO Relatable..... from a fellow homeschooler who is dying of heat XD

• RemovedUser1

Yes! I wouldn’t go to public school ever, if I had the chance, XD. I love my homeschool too much! This is a great piece, and I love the focus on an underrated schooling!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Also, thank you for doing this tribute to homeschoolers. :)

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

This is a nice piece! I do agree with most of these, my favorite was doing your school early! I do that sometimes and it’s AWESOME!)

Yep, those pros are definition more plentiful lol. I go to a charter school for personalized learning, so I actually get to choose how much school I want to do at home, so I relate to this and fully public schoolers.

• beth r.

i found this super interesting!
    re: tysm for the comments!