Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

15
[ChildOfGod]
BTS ARMY!<3

~Hi, I’m Eden! I joined WtW in July 2020. I’m here for you if you need a friend. <3

~Go say hi to my amazing friends V-Rose and mindfruit. They’re supportive, talented, and just awesome!

“A pen doesn't stop you from doodling when the words stop for a second
And you need to draw them first.”
-V-Rose

“and as long as we fight we'll continue to see another day
and we'll drift off to sleep in the ruins of yesterday”
-mindfruit

“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze.”
- Isaiah 43:2

~Stay kind. Be brave. Keep going.~

Escape From District 12, Chapter 11

15
  In one swift movement, Gale takes a step back and slings his bow over his shoulder. 
 “Katniss!” He exclaims, relief filling his dark eyes. I’m panting so hard and my heart is pounding so much I can’t speak.
 “Are you okay?” He asks hurriedly, his expression hard to read. The noise of an owl hooting makes me jump, and I say, “I’ll explain it to you, but right now we have to get away!”
  I start to take off again, feeling more like a terrified animal than a Hunger Games Victor. The ground isn’t shaking here, but I keep waiting for the earth under me to cave in. Gale grabs my hand and I stop, trembling. I realize that the only sounds I can hear now are the regular nighttime noises.
 “Katniss,” Gale begins.
 “I’ll tell you once we get back to the others! But I have to get back now!” I say quickly. Gale opens his mouth to object, but I add, “Quick! Where are they?”
 Even I can hear the note of hysteria in my voice, and I suddenly realize how hard I’m squeezing Prim’s wrist. Gale knows I’m about to have a panic attack, so he looks around quickly.
 “Alright, follow me,” he says, and he starts off briskly. I hurry after him, only focusing on the surrounding noise. But I don’t hear any more rumbling.
  I’m looking around wildly while we walk. I keep waiting for the huge crack to open underneath us, but apparently the rumbling is over now. I follow Gale in silence, my heart still pounding. I don’t let myself think about what happened, not yet. I know I’ll have to talk to Gale about it, to tell him what happened. But first I have to make sure everyone is okay. Within a few short minutes, I hear soft voices. Up ahead, I see the others, and I hurry over to where they are.
   A look of relief passes over the faces of our group. Everyone is sitting in a small circle.
My mother lets out a small exclamation and rushes over to us. She hugs me and says, “Are you okay?“
 “I’m alright,” I answer, not thinking about myself, “The earthquake? Did it affect you here?”
 “Earthquake?” My mother repeats, “Was that what all that rumbling was?”
 “It was something like that. You didn’t feel it?,” I ask her quickly.
 My mother shakes her head in response. This seems odd to me. Why couldn’t they feel anything on this side of the stream? I listen intently to the forest sounds. Nothing but the wind. My heartbeat slows, as I finally let myself decide that it’s over. It’s over. 
 Prim, her eyes wide, starts talking quickly to our mother, but I’m too distracted to hear what she’s saying. I don’t even have time to locate Gale before Hazelle and the kids are all encircling me, telling me they’re so relieved I’m safe. I greet them all, then finally turn around to try to find Gale. Someone is standing behind me. But it’s not Gale, to my surprise, it’s Haymitch.
 “Where’d you run off to?” He asks, and surprisingly he seems to be thinking clearly; the hard glint in his eye reveals to me that he was concerned too. 
 “I went to look for Peeta,” I say quickly.
 “Oh, yes? I’m glad you didn’t go alone,” he replies, his voice dripping with sarcasm, “You know, it’s dangerous out in the woods alone. Especially at night when no one knows where you are.”
 I can tell he knows that I was supposed to use the mockingjay call to signal Gale. He knows that it was a bad idea to go off alone. But I’m still alive, so why does it matter now? Haymitch glares at me, his sharp eyes daring me to say something back. Anger pricks at me, because I can’t stand it when Haymitch is right.
 “Well, it’s a good thing you weren’t drinking, or you might not have been able to help us,” I retort. Any concern for me that he had is instantly gone. I allow myself a smug look. But before he can answer, Gale calls me.
 “Katniss.”
 I turn to see him standing a few yards back. I finally go over to him and he puts his arms around me. Behind me, I can hear everyone talking, but all I’m focused on is how to tell Gale what happened. I struggle to find words, and while I’m thinking, he speaks first.
  “What happened, Katniss? Was there an earthquake or what?”
  “I don’t know what it was. I found Peeta, well,  Bonnie and Twill found Peeta. And then Twill found me. But we were coming back here to get all of you, and then the ground cracked and Twill...”
 “Wait, slow down,” Gale says, scanning my face. 
 “I..I’ll explain it soon,” I say, suddenly  remembering Bonnie.
  Gale doesn’t have a chance to object. I’m already speeding over to Peeta. He’s still holding Bonnie, curled up with her hands clamped tightly over her eyes.
   I notice that she’s got my game bag on her shoulder, and I gasp. I left in in the cave, but she brought it. She must have grabbed it before they left. That means I didn’t lose all my stuff. I’m relieved about this, but my mind quickly refocuses and I look at Peeta again.
  He’s glancing at Bonnie in concern, and he is breathing really heavily. He looks around uncertainly, trying to decide where to put her.
  “Here,” I say, sitting shakily on a big rock, “Sit her here next to me.”
 Peeta comes and ever so gently puts Bonnie down beside me. She is sitting up, but her arms are wrapped tightly around her knees and her head is buried in her arms. 
  I look around. I see that Prim is clinging to my mother. Gale is surrounded by his family, but he keeps glancing my way and I know he’s worried about me. I bite my lip, wondering what to say. 
  Peeta is about to sit down, but then Haymitch appears and pulls him off to the side, talking ferociously. I watch as Peeta tries to come back over to me, but Haymitch won’t let him go without an explanation. Peeta starts talking, and then everyone else is crowded around him as he tells what happened. It’s good for me, because I don’t want to talk about it to everyone. I’ll let Peeta tell them the story, because I need time to process what happened. But first I have to help Bonnie.
  I swallow hard, my mouth feeling too dry for words. Peeta is the one who always knows what to say, not me. But staring at Bonnie, and at the crumpled position of her foot, I know I have to say something.
 “Bonnie?” I whisper hoarsely.
 To my surprise, she looks up. Her face is dark and tear-stained, she’s shaking and even her teeth are chattering, but I know it’s not from the cold. In her current state, with her hair all over the place and her wet eyes, she looks several years younger than she is.
  I don’t know what to say. She’s waiting for me to continue, but all my words are sticking in my throat. What do you say to a person who just lost everything they had left? Her family is dead, she can’t go back to District 8. Now she lost the only other person she really knew. Twill is dead.
 “I’m...... I’m sorry,” I stutter, suddenly unable to meet her eyes. A strong pang of guilt hits me. It takes me a moment to figure out why. Then I realize.
 It’s because of me. If Bonnie and Twill had still been of this side of the stream, they would still be safe. They only crossed the stream to help Peeta. And Peeta was only there because I didn’t make sure he was with me when we were running from the Tracker Jackers. It’s my fault Twill is dead. Here I am, again, owing someone something I can never pay back. A life. Twill is dead because of my choices.
 “I’m sorry,” I repeat, my voice cracking, “It’s all my fault.”
 “What?” Bonnie looks puzzled, “What’s your fault?” She sniffs, momentarily distracted.
 My next words are barely a whisper, mingled with a string of silent tears.
 “It’s my fault Twill died.”
 “Ohh, no, Katniss,” Bonnie looks at me, “It wasn’t your fault at all. Twill... it was a risk she... we took when we left District 8,” Bonnie pauses and wipes at her pouring eyes, “She... she knew that something could happen. But she still wanted to get out of 8. She said,” Bonnie swallows, “She said she just wanted at least one of us to get to District 13.”
 I want to tell Bonnie that there is no District 13. It’s ash. Rubble. Nothing is left of it except for ruins. The sooner she understands that, the better off she’ll be. But when I open my mouth to tell her, I catch the tiny glint in her dark brown eyes. After all that she’s been through, and all that she’s seen, she still has hope. Unrelenting hope. So this is why President Snow was so afraid. Because no matter what trials people go through, hope is impossible to kill.
  “Twill believed in you,” Bonnie whispers solemnly, “She knew that you could help us. And even though you can’t help her now,” tears keep streaming down Bonnie’s narrow face, but she keeps talking, “I know you can find a way to help everyone else.”
  I can tell that I’m a constant reminder for her of Twill’s death. This is all Bonnie can handle before a fit of sobbing seizes her and she buries her head again. But her words keep bobbing around in my mind. I can help. Help who? How can I help anyone? All I do is cause trouble.
  I stand up, knowing it’s best for me to give Bonnie some space. I walk over to where my mother and Prim sit on another rock, talking to Peeta. I see a long row of neat stitches on Peeta’s forearm, red and looking a bit inflamed. But I can tell by my mother’s soft tone that it’s not going to be a serious issue. I sigh. That’s good, because I don’t think we could handle anything else right now.
 My mother looks up and says, “Peeta told us what happened.” 
 I look gratefully at Peeta, who gives a small nod. 
 “Okay. Do you want to look at Bonnie’s foot?” I ask, hoping for a moment alone with Peeta.
 “Sure,” my mother replies, standing up, “I know I have some herbs that will help a lot with the swelling.”
 She walks off, Prim following her. Gazing around, I notice everyone is apparently trying to give us some space. I’m thankful for this, and I sit down next to Peeta with a sigh.
 “I told everyone what happened with us, and Gale told me what happened here before you left to look for me. You shouldn’t have gone off by yourself,” Peeta says, touching his stitches.
 I jerk my head over to look at him. He’s dead serious.
 “Uh, you wouldn’t be here right now if I hadn’t,” I reply in confusion. That wasn’t what I was expecting him to say first.
 “I’m just saying,” Peeta shrugs, “That you should be more careful. And at the very least, you shouldn’t have left the stream.”
 “Excuse me?” I say indignantly, “And where do you think you would be if I hadn’t?”
 At this moment, I see Gale watching me. He looks like he wants to come over, but doesn’t know if he should. I quickly nod at him, and he walks over and stops in front of me.
 “Are you sure you’re alright, Katniss?” He asks me quietly. I say, “Yes. I’m really okay, Gale.” I’m actually glad for a distraction from Peeta’s unexpected lecture. I know Gale will lecture me soon enough, in fact, I’m completely expecting it from him. Now, I wasn’t expecting it from Peeta. I give Gale a small smile, hoping the discussion about my actions will be dropped. But unfortunately, Peeta’s not done with the conversation.
 “I was telling Katniss she should have stayed by the stream,” Peeta explains. I look up at Gale to see his expression. I assume he’ll be mad. I wait for his anger. I’m ready, prepared for what I’m going to say. Again, I’m surprised at the answer.
 “Yeah, she should have.” 
 It’s as simple as that. Than Gale walks off.
 This sends me over the top. I jump up, about to follow him, to say something in my defense, but a loud howl stops me. 
 It’s not very far off either. I don’t know exactly how far, but I know it makes me uncomfortable. Everyone else looks around, but Gale stops. He listens. Then as the howl subsides, Prim says, “Gale?” Her voice is filed with uncertainty.
  “It’s okay. It’s not right around here,” Gale says loudly.
 “What is it?” Bonnie asks softly, her small voice rising through the cold night air.
 “Probably a wild dog,” Gale replies cooly. Bonnie looks afraid.
 “It’s fine. I promise, it won’t come near us. Don’t worry about it.” He adds. Prim nods but keeps listening. It seems the sound is over as quickly as it started. The environment relaxes considerably. I’m not worried; I agree with Gale. It won’t come near us, whatever it is. Besides, after what happened with Twill, a wild dog is the least of my concerns. Well, at least I’m convinced now that the earthquake is over.
 Gale brushes back his hair.
 “Okay, ” he says, “I’m going to watch. Why don’t you all try to rest?” 
Without waiting for an answer, Gale goes over to the base of the big boulder. He climbs up and sits  down. 
 Gale’s family settles down with their blankets. I wonder vaguely if Gale ever got any food today. I’m too exhausted and shaken up to ask.
 I sit in silence next to Peeta. He doesn’t say anything, so neither do I. After a while, I look over to him and I realize I think he’s asleep.
  I stand up and stretch. It’s completely dark, but I can barely make out my mother and Prim resting next to a sleeping Bonnie. Even Buttercup, who I totally forgot about, is lying quietly close to Prim. Haymitch is leaning against a tree, and all of Gale’s family is sleeping too. I wonder why my family hasn’t been trying to talk to me? I guess they know I need some time to think. Then it occurs to me that maybe Gale told them to give me some space.
  Gale is watching me from his perch on the huge boulder. His grey eyes are glinting through the trees. I don’t really know what else to do, so I walk slowly over to the base of the rock, avoiding his gaze, and climb up to next to him.
  I wait for him to speak. Gale says nothing. I can feel his tension, I can feel the anger boiling inside of him. He didn’t want me to go look for Peeta alone, but once he finally agreed, I broke my promises. Gale has been angry with me before. But now, when I finally make myself look up at him, he turns his head away and looks out into the trees.
 I know it’s bad when Gale won’t speak. But now he won’t even look at me. I have a lot of things to talk about. How he took Prim to look for me and left the rest of the group, how I’m sorry that I broke my promises, but most of all, how Twill died and how there was an earthquake that cracked open the ground under her. Why was there an earthquake? I’ve been out here in these woods every day for years, and that has never happened. But, coincidentally, once we all leave District 12 and run away into the woods, the ground just cracks open and swallows one of the two people who saved Peeta. How did that happen? Why?
    For several minutes I’m thinking, but I come to no conclusion. Finally, as I’m about to speak, I’m distracted from my thoughts. Gale addresses me, though he still doesn’t look at me.
  “You agreed you would stay near the stream,” Gale whispers, “You promised me. And you broke that promise.”
 I bite my lip.
 “I only did it because I had to find Peeta,” I say quietly, “In any other situation...”
 “You lied to me,” Gale says, shifting slightly further away.
These two words burn a hole inside me. Did I? Did I lie to Gale? No, it wasn’t a lie. I had every intention of keeping my word, but..... But what? Surely I must have known that I would do whatever it took to get to Peeta, even if that meant breaking my promises. Surely I knew that the only way Gale would agree to let me go was if I agreed to stay near the stream, even if I couldn’t really keep that promise. If that’s true, then maybe I did kind of lie to him.
 “I...I..”
 The words are sticking in my throat again, and I’m trying to choke out a sentence. Finally, Gale turns towards me, and I feel a pang of guilt when I see the pain in his eyes. Not anger, not superiority. Pain. Like I hurt him by choosing to put myself in danger. Then I realize, that’s exactly what I did.
 “You promised me, Katniss!” He says, a little harshly in my opinion, “I trusted you to stay near the stream so you wouldn’t get hurt! You were supposed to use the mockingjay call to let me know that you were on your way back! So I’d know you were safe!” Gale’s voice is quiet, but there’s no mistaking the intensity of his gaze boring into mine. 
 “When are you going to realize,” Gale adds softly, “That you can’t just keep thinking of only yourself?”
 “I wasn’t! I was thinking of Peeta,” I protest.
 “Yeah, but you heard Peeta earlier. He said himself that you shouldn’t have left the stream.”
 I look at Gale desperately. Why doesn’t he ever understand?
  “I had to go look for him!” I say a bit loudly, but I don’t care. Anger is suddenly flaring up inside me, “Why shouldn’t I have tried to find him? Even if that did mean leaving the stream?”
 Gale doesn’t answer, which makes me even more mad.
 “Well, aren’t you going to at least tell me why I was so wrong. I’m here, aren’t I? And so is Peeta, who wouldn’t be here if I hadn’t broken my promise!”
   Silence.
 “Tell me why I was so wrong!” I demand furiously.
 “Fine,” Gale snaps, “Because I was so worried about you, Katniss. Because I thought maybe something bad had happened to you. What about, because I had to decide whether to come look for you and leave the rest of the group, or leave you to fend for yourself! Okay, I’m sick of this,” Gale’s voice is rising now, and I can see the rest of the group stirring below us, but Gale keeps on, “I’m sick of you acting like you care about me and then not even thinking about how your actions affect me, or any of the rest of us for that matter! You’re only thinking of yourself! And I’m not trying to get you to tell me love me, or even say you’re sorry! I’m just telling you that...that I’m tired of giving you chances just so you can disappoint me every time.”
  Any remnant of anger inside me vanishes. My heart is pounding. Gale has never done this before, not even during our worst fights. He’s never said these things. Never. But he’s right. I’ve been so selfish and preoccupied with my own needs that I haven’t even thought about how it would affect him. While I was breaking my promise, he was trying to take care of not just his family, but also my family and my mentor. And he was trying to find me, because I didn’t even take the time to let him know I was okay. 
 “You let me down.”
 I’m silent. I stare at my hands, but look up to find Gale glaring at me. I’m not sure if he’s waiting for an answer. I open my mouth, gasping in air and trying to speak at the same time. My eyes burn, and a small noise escapes my mouth. Finally, with a great effort, I mumble a reply.
 “I know.”
 I close my eyes miserably. How could I have done this to him? And I didn’t even realize what I was doing!
 Gale takes a deep breath.
  “I’m sorry,” I whisper, not knowing what else to say. And I mean it too. I am really, really sorry that I did this to Gale. 
 Suddenly, a long, low howl breaks the silence. This time it’s different. I don’t know how, years of hunting I guess, but I know something is wrong. I tense, and the hairs on the back of my neck stand on end. I look at Gale and can tell he knows what I’m thinking; we both instinctively know it’s a threat. We instantly snap into defense mode. I momentarily forget my emotions, and I jump to my feet. Looking around quickly, I pull my bow off my back and load an arrow. It was close by. Very close by this time.
 “Gale, should we wake the others?” I whisper hurriedly.
  Another howl makes my blood turn cold. I listen again this time. It can’t be a normal wild dog. The howl is too deep, too eerily familiar. Whatever it is must be within a hundred yards of us.
 “Yeah, if they aren’t awake yet, let’s get them up now,” Gale says urgently. I nod, springing down from the boulder and heading over to Prim. I see she’s already sitting up, looking startled and afraid. I’m about to tell her to stay calm when a loud growl reaches my ears, and I barely turn around before something huge leaps out of the trees.

This is Chapter 11 of my Hunger Games fan fiction book. This is based off the characters and settings in The Hunger Games books by Suzanne Collins. This book starts at the time of Catching Fire, after Gale has recovered from his whipping but before the secret twist of the Quarter Quell has been announced. This is first-person from Katniss’ perspective. I hope you enjoy! If you have any questions, you can comment and I’ll do my best to reply!

1

• ANSON REYNOLDS

your writing is so freaking fantastic, I really, really, enjoy binge reading this :)

yes. yes I know I'm so behind! Oh gosh, imma start reading from here!
    I love how the characters are so perfectly written here wow! This chapter really made me love Gale even more!

• Kate (Kit-Kat Sully) {Child of God}

I read this yesterday and wrote a review but forgot to like it and comment. :) Hopefully, the review will come in soon! Also, I'm reading the next chapter and reviewing it ASAP! <3

• Bhavya's Treasure

*o*
    Claps
    Claps
    Claps
    This chapter is my favourite so far Eden!!
    There are so many things I want to say about this one. Katniss's character is so starkly coming out here! I'm in LOVE with it.
    Your writing forced me to take a study break and read it... :DD

Oooh the cliffhanger again!!
    Though I think V-Rose has guessed right but I hope... No no mutts!!!!

All the best for subsequent chapters. I'm all eyes to read it! <3
    You're doing a PHENOMENAL job Eden!!!

Replying: The Giver by Lois Lowry is sooo amazing (I'm currently reading the 3rd book I just found out existed). Gail Carson Levine writes the most amazing fantasy books, most notably Ella Enchanted. If you're into super realistic fiction (with a Christian perspective), Robin Merril (ex: the Piercehaven series) and Jenny B. Jones (ex: There You'll Find Me [that book changed my life]) write amazing books! A historical fiction trilogy I'll reread until I die with mega-lifelike characters is The Mark of the Lion trilogy by Francine Rivers.

replying: I'm so happy you like my story so far!! As for title ideas, I have NO CLUE as of yet. As the story progresses I or you may gain ideas and I am open to any suggestions! As for background/prologue, some is coming up soon in later chapters! Altho, I do like the idea of opening maybe at the start of AIM, like the main conflict of the main villain against someone/thing, and then jump years later...hmmmm....the wheels in my head are turning!! Thanks for the inspo!!

Hi!! Chapter 3&4 are out for my dystopian!
    https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/free_writing/172347/versions/387897
    I just published chapter 5 today as well!

Reply: haha well I’ll be excited to see what you pick :D

Re: I got it online lol I use the same picture for most of my pfps heh

• RemovedUser1

Replying: Happy late birthday to your grandma! XD! And yes, I did read Three Years. It was really sad too. I had a hard time writing that one, but I’m glad I did. It’s been helpful for some people, and the feedback I got was amazing. I’m glad you liked it, and I feel like I can feel your hugs :).

• beth r.

re: lol yes! the fan girling was my pleasure ;)

• books4life

*eagerly awaiting next part* lolll...no pressure though!!

wow that was so full of pressure i apologize :) i just love this so much!

• beth r.

re: welp im a hemsworth stan, so i adore gale lol... but i totally think peeta is better when it comes to feelings and stuff. peeta is just so sweet! i also hated that they did that in the movies!

• Starting Anew! (still Coolgirl though)

LOVE IT! XD I've always loved the Hunger Games series, so I think this is amazing!

• beth r.

re: IK!!! it's so annoying. However, i do think they casted it perfectly

• beth r.

re: i agree!

• beth r.

re: school was meh. how was your day? as for fangirling- what are your thoughts on peeta being " too overprotective" of Katniss? I think its cute, but my friend finds it annoying lol

• beth r.

re: hey just got home from school- fire away :)

• midnight.summerrose

Re: This is an amazing review, it's been soo helpful to me!! Thank you so much! I incorporated your suggestions into my second draft (which is out now). Thanks once again!! :)

Re: Aw that's sweet. Probly not, I'll just go write more poems in mi journal heh

• RemovedUser1

Replying: Haha, I didn’t even think of that when I chose “life!” XD! Also, you make me so happy when you ask how I’m doing :). Actually, Kit-Kat Sully is coming over today. She lives two hours from me, but we are friends outside of WtW (I would say in real life, but isn’t writing real too?) So we’ve been getting ready for that all day XD. How are you? And Zi? I think her name is so cute XD.

• Turkeycracker K (a.ka. Firecracker)

Re: I'll probably do a Star Wars fan fiction, or possibly a Tron Legacy one, because I haven't seen enough of those (My brother is OBSESSED with anything out of the Tron universe......)

• Halopoet

Aww gale really loved katniss doesn't he? But i hate love triangles because they hurt soo bad! Im so excited for what's coming!

• beth r.

re: aw, thank you so much!!

• RemovedUser1

Replying: Thank you!! I was focusing on my descriptions the most. I’ve done some of those things, but racing and climbing a mountain without ropes? Hehe, I’ll pass XD. I was debating between making it “risk” or “life,” but I like life better. And shoutouts are given where shoutouts are due XD!

• Turkeycracker K (a.ka. Firecracker)

Also, what exactly is your profile picture?

• Turkeycracker K (a.ka. Firecracker)

Re: Ok, great! Thank you! (I was asking because I don't want to plagiarize but I love making fan fictions! Maybe once I'm finished with Griffin Darkwing I'll do one)

• RemovedUser1

Hey, do you have a Historical Fiction you’re doing? Because I want to return the review, and I know a lot of people want those ones to be reviewed first, so.... XD. If you don’t, I can review one of your other pieces :).

• midnight.summerrose

Re: Thank you so much!!! :))
    It’s set in America, 17th century

• RemovedUser1

Replying: Yay! I’m glad you liked it! And you’re figuring out MY plot line now, XD! I’m changing Mesly a bit from the original draft and I am loving her so much more, XD!
    And, thank you! I can’t say how much I love your book so far! I think I’m just going to print out each chapter, XD!

• ~madeline~

Re: Huh. That's interesting. I'm doing perdy good. I'm kinda bored, but thats okay. Sometimes boredom leads to the coolest projects. At least... I hope so. :)

• RemovedUser1

Ok, I got a few questions. SO, TWILL ISN’T COMING BACK?!?! I thought for sure you weren’t actually going to kill her! I haven’t read the books in so long, I don’t remember! And, ARE THEY IN AN ARENA?!? The weird, unexpected earthquake and the wolf remind me so much of the obstacles(if you can call them that) from the arena! Like the mutts made from the other contestants, and the natural disasters that WERE NOT NATURAL. Ugh! Last one: WHY! MUST! YOU! DO! THIS! TO! US?!?!?!? I’m DYING to know what happens! Please tell me when the next one comes out! (I hope you’re enjoying our misery XD)
    Oh, and Chapter Three of My Name Is Solona is out! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/191029/version/386753

• kealoha

Hello! So the music thingy I'm doing is kinda moving towards the comments in the piece itself (or at least currently it is), just a heads up so you don't miss anything. :)

• ~madeline~

Hey Eden!!! How has school been going for you so far? Just wanted to check on you and sat hiii :)

• midnight.summerrose

Wow!! This is amazing!! Thank youu for the follow!! :)))
    Thanks! Can you possibly comment what you think about my Historical Fiction piece? :)

Chapter two of my Untitled Dystopian is out! Thank you for checking out chpt. 1, it means a lot!

yay!! I've been waiting for another chapter!!! Thank you so much for telling me you published. I probably wouldn't have seen this otherwise!!

As always, this is so well written!! Dialogue is so realistic and the suspense is amazing!! Can't wait for more!

• V-Rose

*ahem* I think I have something you want. *puts on sunglasses*

Here's the next chapter to Flying on Broken Wings!

• RemovedUser1

Welp, I'm going to have to print this one out too... XD (4 pages XD)

• RemovedUser1

I only printed out chapters 4-10, but the whole book so far (minus this chapter) is 35 pages XD. And I am LOVING this book, so it was no problem printing it out, XD! Now I have to read this chapter!!!!!!!!

• V-Rose

Replying: Your comment made me laugh. I came over to check WtW for a moment, but I'm actually working on the next chapter right now. It should be done in a little while.

• RemovedUser1

I am DYING to read this!! I printed out all the other chapters (each on 5-3 pages XD) so now I’m all caught up. And I NEED to know what happens!!! Twill and Gale and the giant thing that swallowed them?!?!? But, right now, I need to go write my chapter XD. I’ll be back soon!!

• books4life

AHHHHHHHHH!!! I CANNOT!!!!! THE CLIFFHANGER AHHHHHHHHH...Okay some serious stuff happened here! Great piece, constantly checking for more, etc. :) How long do you think it will be, chapter wise? 30?? Lol just curious

Re: haha we’ll see..

• beth r.

this is just... its so good and cliff hanger-y!!
    re: thank you so much!

Re: hahaa glad she likes it! Im actually not particularly craazy about lotr but something had to somewhat rhyme with implode XD

• kealoha

re: That's awesome! I love dystopian stories :)

• V-Rose

STARS! Is it a mutt! That's what I want to know! Ugh! I want to know more so bad! (This is so good) Please! I must know more!

• Huba Huba

I'm not sure if you've always had that your puppy is named Pippin in your bio, but that's so cute! Pippin has been one of my favorite characters from the Lord of the Rings, and I love his witty personality. My favorite in the Lord of the Rings will always be Sam though, he's the kind of friend I'd want.

• Huba Huba

I SEE THAT PROFILE PICTURE!!!!!
    I apologize for my inactivity, I've been soooo busy with school.