HelpMe512

Ace
He/Him
Transphobes stay out
Joined September 2019
My inbox is always open if you want to talk:
okRiver512@gmail.com

"If I wait 'til my tomorrow comes, is the waiting all I've ever done?"
-Ben Platt

"It's alright, it's okay. You're not a monster just human and you made a few mistakes,"
-It's Alright by Mother Mother

"One page of the bible isn't worth a life,"
-The Village by Wrabel

"I thought you had me in prison this whole time, but I'm the one holding the key,"
-Intro III by NF

"A hundred bad days makes a hundred good stories and a hundred good stories makes me interesting at parties,"
-100 Bad Days by AJR

If you have any other song lyrics to put on the quote board shoot me a comment and I'll gladly put them on!

they don't understand || Mental Health Matters (11)

8

no parents don't understand
they don't know what it means
when we say
"i'm just so tired"

parents accuse us of being lazy
when they don't understand
that getting up
is a battle

they wonder why we never talk to them
when each time we open up
it's met with
"it's because of that phone"
or "you're looking for attention"

parents don't understand
but it's not their fault
they want to help
but simply can't
because they don't understand
what it's like
in our minds
no hate at all towards parents. this is just my own experience, and how sometimes parents want so badly to help with mental illness but don't have the experience or ability to do so. stay safe everyone, drink some water, and take care of yourselves <3

• September 6, 2020 - 8:42am (Now Viewing)

yep. relatable. thanks for this!! as always, you're a great help <3

• Century Friend

I agree that at times parents don't seem to understand, but in my personal experience with depression (EVERYONE IS DIFFERENT) I tend to start feeling like no one understands — which not only isn't true, but is also unhealthy for me. It's important to feel comfortable opening up to at least one person, and thoughts like "they don't understand" tend to prevent that. So I try my best to fight those thoughts.
    Back to parents — I think letting them know that you're struggling is a huge part of fighting those thoughts. If they still think you're "looking for attention," then it's clear that they truly don't understand. But a lot of times they just don't realize that there's something TO understand, and I think they deserve to be given that chance. Just my honest opinion based on my own experiences, but again, everyone is different. Nothing works the same way for every person.

• Jasmine khawar

Replying: For now, I don't think that it's turning into something more. But thanks for all your advices. <3 <3
    (Please can you delete your comment! I don't have any problem but.....can you?)

• Jasmine khawar

Luckily they do understand me! But I don't know if I'm mentally ill or "just stressed" a bit, because of all the "work".....