BlueWolf476

The Prize

2
They are odd people. Wearing smiles like jewelry, teeth shining like gems. I was met with eyes shrouded in shadows that twinkled with the wisdom of the universe. Politeness was foreign to me. I needed theirs to survive. I clung to the civil words and concerned looks like a child to soft toy.

Lying in a room of gold, I felt honour bestow itself upon me. I had won. I was to receive the prize everybody craved. I am now the picture of victory. I had conquered the last of the trials. My skin still aching after coming straight from the loyalty trial. After the long years of waiting of seeing the elated winners enter the tent I was grinning like a madman. 

Someone handed me a golden glass filled with a transparent substance. They gently coaxed it to my swollen lips. I swallowed. As I sipped, I felt the liquid blaze down my throat, leaching in to my bloodstream. They sat grinning. I saw the smiles for what they were. Deranged, evil and filled with poison. The liquid haltingly drained my life force. I felt each organ succumb to the polluting poison. Blood spurted out of my gaping mouth and splattered onto their polished shoes. Drip. Drip. Like water out of a bath it drained me. They crowded around me and chanted in unison, "there is no room for non-believers."

I felt my spirit sob as my body died. It teared from its bindings. I became nothing. Insignificant. I saw my limp and lifeless body, still and cold on the floor beneath me. I was a silver shining phantom. I clutched the umbrella handle like a lifeline as it pulled me up to the light. The ground was unimaginably small as my umbrella pulled me further up into the sky. I gasped as the blue sky teared, parting to reveal a black hungry monster of a tunnel. It sucked me down into it's threatening depths. I fell, the light of the sun not brave enough to follow me.
This is a bit of strange fiction. I'm not sure about this piece to be honest, but oh well.

• JustAnotherDarling

I kid you not, I feel a little dizzy after reading this....but I'd have it no other way! This is really interesting :)
    Re: aww thank you! Your comment made my day :D

• Starcatcher

yyyyaaaasssss another akarnae fan!