mindfruit

14
he/him | taiwanese-vietnamese
social introvert
basketballer and pianist
artist (sometimes)
Sanderson, Rowling, Riordan, McMann, and Messenger

est. July 7th, 2020

Need a peer review?
Just comment on a piece with the link and I'll get to it ASAP!

Currently Reading: Mistborn by Brandon Sanderson

Check out my wtw sister Rohan's Defender, my wtw mom Anne Blackwood, and FantasyOtter12!

CAvengers Assemble! sci-Fi, therisingwriter, Tula.S, seaomelette, mooncake

the dance of darkness

28
dance your way through the empty streets
as the lampposts shower you with their molten-moonstone glow
washing away your sins and sorrows
for just a moment
this single moment

be free of your aches, your pains
and flow to the rhythm of a tranquil twilight
let the crystal stars be your only audience
the muted moon your only spotlight
and the silver silence your only song

the pavement may be coarse
and the road may be pitted
but tonight, they are your stage
so step softly, and glide across their surface
as you fly on the wings of freedom

all too soon, it will be over
for no one can ignore the inevitable
but even if it's only for an instant
take this chance to shine
in the dance of darkness
Lowercase intentional
Not sure where the inspiration for this piece came from, but I'm fairly pleased with the way it turned out. Title suggestions are greatly appreciated. Hope y'all enjoy!

• September 16, 2020 - 12:30am (Now Viewing)

• irisdi54

Beautiful piece!! loved the imagery!
    This is my new poem, I’d really appreciate it if you could check it out! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/193622/version/393145

• Rohan’s Defender

WAIT WAIT WAIT, you’re a community ambassador?!?? CONGRATS!! :D

• TheSpellcheckSurvivor

This is such a powerful piece! Such beautiful descriptions!!!

• LindytheRavenclaw

I'm extremely late, but this is a beautiful, meaningful piece. I'm glad I found you on write the world. I feel this piece too much-an aesthetic that is my life.

• Landofstories

Wow, i love this piece so much..it's so beautiful!

• Just_A_Memory

Gah! This is brilliant! Love it <3

Re: Thanks!! :D

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: okay, first off.... THANK YOU!!! Oh my gosh, that’s one of the biggest compliments for me EVER!! I try so so hard to capture the characters in my writing, and it makes me so happy when I can do it!! Also, thank you for the suggestions! I’ll have to check into Thebes Unwanteds! It’s sounds good! So, is Haymitch still one of your favorite characters? Also, sorry for the incessant questioning here, but have you seen the movies? :D

• Rohan’s Defender

Hey-ya! So, now that you’ve been officially initiated into the HG fan world, would you have any book recommendations for a fellow (die hard) fan? :)

• Currently Unavailable

Also, love this piece! <3

• Currently Unavailable

Wait a second... *squints at bio and gasps* Could it be? A fellow Riordan, Mcmann, and Messenger fan? And HG? AND HP? AHHHH! XD I THINK I JUST DIED OF HAPPINESS!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: thank you! I’m so happy you liked the poetry, it’s been fun to write! I’m starting a HG poem series now (I’ve done three so far). YAY! Im sooo happy you liked HG! You’re more than welcome! It’s such a good series. And thank you, the show went really well! I was really happy because I did three events and actually got first place in one of them! But I’m upset too, because my instructor is moving and I just found out Saturday.

• Rohan’s Defender

Hi Mindfruit!! How are you? So I’m dying here.... did you finish HG?!

wow. i don't know how i missed this! This is so gorgeous...i have no words to describe it.
    "rhythm of a tranquil twilight
    the muted moon your only spotlight
    and the silver silence your only song"
    Wow^^^^ that. is. breathtaking.

• Book Kitten

SO BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

If you can, can you please comment on the first draft of the first chapter of my book (I know, might have to read that twice) Anyway, here is the link,

• midnight.summerrose

Re: Thank you so much!! Yes I did forget, thank you for pointing that out! :)

• midnight.summerrose

Wow, I'm amazed! It's soooo good!! :)
    Can you please tell me what you think of my actual second draft if you have time?

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: awww, thank you! That means a lot to me! :) Yes, Mockingjay is awesome! I’m so so happy you took my recommendation! I love the whole series so much! I’m doing well, thank you, staying busy. Do you happen to have any book recommendations? I really want something in the realm of HG, but I have a really hard time finding good books.

• Rohan’s Defender

Hi Mindfruit! How are you? I wanted to stop in and say hi, and also ask if you’re still liking Mockingjay!

For some strange reason I could see this in a Broadway musical. The imagery it produces is lovely; I like the phrase, "molten-moonstone." It's such a beautiful adjective combination to use!

• madeline3.14159

I love this piece!!!!! So eloquent!

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: alright, thank you!!! I TOTALLY AGREE *trying not to cry* WHY PEETA?!?!! But yes, he’s really great! And I hope you like my fan fiction! I really appreciate you wanting to read it and I’d love to know what you think! I’ll talk to you soon! Thanks again!

• Rohan’s Defender

Ps. THERE IS A HUNGER GAMES PREQUEL TOO! So, I don’t think it’s as good as the original series, but it’s definitely still worth reading!! It’s the Ballad of Songbirds and Snakes!! Just to let you know you have another book you can read in Collins’ epic series!! :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: THANK YOU, MINDFRUIT!! Your comment means a lot to me! Thank you!
    You’re so so welcome for the book recommendation! I’m glad you’ve enjoyed it! I LOVE IT TOO, of course, and it’s been really amazing to be able to take it a step further and write fan fiction! Yes, you can call me Rohan if you like! Though my name is Eden if you prefer that! :) Haymitch is very complex, and I love the backstory on him in CF. It really deepens your understanding of him and makes you appreciate him more. My favorite character is PEETA!!!!!!!! I love him so much! He’s just so sweet and protective, and I think he’s awesome (if you can’t tell from my profile! XD ) Anyway, if you ever want to discuss the series, you know who to go to! Thank you again! Hope you’re having a GREAT day!

• Rohan’s Defender

MOCKINGJAY!!!!! WOOOHOOOO!! Okay, I’m so sorry ‘cause I know I’m not commenting on this piece, but I’m so happy you took the book rec. HOW DO YOU LIKE IT AND WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTER?! *panting* sorry, I’ll try to calm down (maybe).

Aw omg, I love the words you chose here! So pretty!!

• Rohan’s Defender

Ohhh this is amazing!!! I LOVE IT! :)

• RemovedUser1

Oh, I love this so much! It’s beautiful. The descriptions are very nice, and the overall feel of the piece is amazing! Great job! I like the title, but if you want to change it, you could do “for a moment,” or “steal this moment.” Or something like that :).

• Stumbling Conundrum

I love this! It's kind of reminds me of a "dancing in the rain" concept, but I like this just as much. The way you described the "audience" and "spotlight", as well as all of your symbolism, was fantastic! I also love the way you put emphasis on just living in that one moment - super powerful! Well done!

• ~wildflower~

Also, you took your profile picture?! That’s incredible!

• ~wildflower~

This is so beautiful, calming and reassuring! “so step softly, and glide across their surface
    as you fly on the wings of freedom” -amazing! There are so many breathtaking descriptions here, and it really is a piece to be proud of :)