Stumbling Conundrum

17
The Beatles, Imagine Dragons, Jason Mraz, Panic! At the Disco
HP&PJO
The Dead Poets Society
I have an addiction to tea
*Joined 8/30/20*

There was a tornado in my town today. My dad called me and said, "I'm waiting on the roof, so if I blow away, just know that I did doing something I love." He didn't see anything, but it gave me this idea.

My Dad is Not a Weatherman

6
My dad is not a weatherman, but he watches for tornadoes.
He sits perched on top of the roof with bated breath, waiting for something remarkable to happen
right in front of him. He waits for the winds to panic and funnel, and waits for the winds 
to greedily feast on the world around him, like that's all it was made for: Food for a beautiful disaster.
The turbulent, tumbling rain soaks him to the bone, but still 
he waits for something remarkable to happen. Even if something remarkable is ruinous?
Of course! How often does the world present such incomparable opportunities? Not often. 
So if the world presents him with an incomparable opportunity, he cannot ignore it.
Especially if it means he could blink and the roof would be gone.

He sits perched on top of the roof with bated breath, waiting for something remarkable to happen.
I wonder if he saw one.

• poetri

this is a remarkable piece. i was hooked from the very beginning and have a feeling i'll be coming back to it. fantastic work--you should feel very proud of this one.

oh, and i hope everyone in your town is ok! we had a tornado about a month ago and thankfully not much damage was done. hope that's the same with you. all the best!