erin!

叶安灵 // 16, 2022 // she-her-hers
hey hey

i'm so glad you guys liked this, ya girl is really going through it

school did not prepare me for nighttime lessons.

14

My friends are changing. And it’s confusing.

It’s one of those things that you don’t really notice until you’re sitting on the trampoline after dark and discussing Halloween plans.

Some of us wanted to go to parties and let loose. Some of us wanted to curl up in the basement, watching movies and eating candy the way we always have.

At first it’s hard to accept. I figured we would mature, but I didn’t consider how asynchronous the process would be, or how much judgemental eyes would hurt.

Maybe I am too sheltered and naive but even if they live in the “safe part of town” and their parents said they were allowed to, I am afraid. As wonderful as the potion smells I can't will myself to sip it because to me a control would be lost.

I’m learning that hopeless romantics aren’t the same as desperate-to-feel-ers, and it’s not my place to voice an opinion. I just miss when the girls came first.
Written in a moment of weakness.

growing up is one of the hardest things in the world, and being vulnerable is even harder. the best i can offer is that change is...so confusing. sometimes we hold onto something or someone to try and make sense of it, but in the end, however you deal with change will always be valid. it's okay to be sad. and to echo anoushka, not to sound cheesy, but i'm always here for a dm to vent to if you ever need it. all my love, erin the compassionate <3

oh man, this is gonna sound vvv cheesy but i've been through this a lot of times, and ig if you do need to talk i'm here for you. <3

• madeline3.14159

Basically just reread @Anne Blackwood's comment. This piece is strong and beautiful and is something so many people can relate to

This is in no way mean or weak. In fact, it takes so much strength to stay true to yourself and say "no". This is something many people can relate to. It is a moment of vulnerability. That is strong.

• inanutshell

i don't think this seems mean, but more honest than anything - sometimes you just need to find a way to get difficult feelings out and this is a good way of doing so. i hope things get better for you soon <3

• spurtsofdarkness

also please don't take this down. this is art

• spurtsofdarkness

i cannot explain how much i relate to this. i don't have words to say how vulnerable i feel as i read this. also the footnote made me feel so many things at once i just might break down. thank you for writing this. i shall come back when i have more words

• TwentyOneTimelords

This is very real and well written! I don't find it mean--I get the feeling; I've been going through something similar. If they're friends, they'll understand and be kind.