Westley

They/Them
Casually contemplating the meaning of life
Constantly surprised by reality
Pfp by me (it's Fiere and Raven)

I like writing poetry, short stories, and the occasionaly nonfiction piece.

Here you'll find all sorts of poetry, short stories, mini series about my boys, and some D&D (dungeons and dragons) tales. Hope you enjoy!

---
You should know that you have potential.
You can do great things.
If you want you can be an amazing writer, and a great person.
Take a moment to love yourself.

#giveusbackourwords

The Real Reason I Write

4
I've always thought I wrote for you. For the reader. For other people.

I love getting the feedback, the compliments, the reviews, tips, and support.

What's always made it for me were the comments like 'Thank you, I needed to hear this today', 'I know somone who needed this', 'This message needs to spread', and whatnot. I've alwats wanted to help people, and I love knowing that what I wrote made a good impact on someone. That's always been so important, and a big part of what I've aimed for. It means so much to me that someone truly valued what I wrote. And that's definitely part of the reason I write.

But today I realized I'm not actually just writing for others.

I'm writing for myself. 

I'm writing to release my feelings, lay down my ideas. Writing is where I can put my anger, fear, resentment, love, and sadness. It's where I can put all of my emotions, thoughts, and feelings.

I'm really doing this for myself, because I need to.

And I don't really think that makes me a selfish person.
I never really thought about it like this before.

I'm sure this applies to many people, even if they don't know it. Maybe even you.

Tell me, why do you write?

Love you all, best wishes <3

(I'm up for review swapping. Review any of my pieces, and comment anything of yours you'd like me to review. Much appreciated!!)

• August 31, 2020 - 10:03pm (Now Viewing)

• Spade

Writing for yourself doesn't make you selfish. Everyone needs a way to express themselves and vent. And, I know for a fact that you're not the only one who writes for themselves. I know I write for myself most of the time. Sometimes I'll write something for my sister, but that's a pretty rare occurrence. Also, do you have any specific pieces you'd want reviewed? I'm open to reviewing them, if you'd want.

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

This is great!!! I love that you are writing for yourself!!!! I agree that sometimes I feel like I am writing for the site but I think to write is to express your feelings and point of views. I like this!!!

• Huba Huba

Yes, self love is important!