DreamingButterfly

Hi, I'm Abby! I'm a 14 year old homeschooled Christian. I want to use my talents to honor God and share His love.
(Profile picture by me)

I'm not sure how good this is, but I tried. I liked experimenting with the P.O.V. to see what was most effective. Tell me which makes you feel closest to the character and which makes you feel farthest.

The Sketchbook

1. I walked sadly onto the back deck, trying hard not to slam the door, and saw my sketchbook lying on the ground where I had thrown it down earlier. Disappointment filled the pit of my stomach. This was not how I had wanted the year to start.
  2. A stout girl with frizzy hair slammed the door behind her as she pounded the wooden deck with her feet, marching over to where an abandoned notebook lay on the ground. 
  3. Abby blinked back tears. The first day had been a complete disaster, and her precious sketchbook sprawled on the ground was proof of that. Perfect, just perfect.
  4. I walked onto the deck and tried to close the door gently. Lying on the ground was the sketchbook. This was not a great day.

• August 31, 2020 - 10:03pm (Now Viewing)

• DreamingButterfly

@BlueWolf476, that's pretty much what I was going for, yay! Thank you!

• DreamingButterfly

@Huba Huba, Thank you! I couldn't tell if it was good or weird, hehe :)

• BlueWolf (Semi Hiatus)

I felt closest to the character in 1 and 3. And furthest away from the character in 2. Hope this helps! This was really good and intriguing.

• Huba Huba

Interesting. I like it.