Landofstories

she/her | aquarius
~avid dreamer~
[ INTP-T \ Gryffindor & Slytherin \ Amity ]
i'm a friend you don't know yet :)
come say hi!
❣❣❣❣❣❣

If you get the title reference you're my new best friend. Also writers block so this piece isn’t so good.

what a wonderful world

30
i. 
feel the brush of blades of cool grass underfoot, all dewy from the rain, the unmistakable scent of petrichor in the air.

ii.
feel the sun accompany you, the warmth, a reminder on your skin as it burns steadily, emphatic on igniting the world aflame. 

iii.   
feel the teardrops of the clouds run down your body, pinpricks from steady grey skies, while you dance under it all soaking up the essence of the sky. 

iv. 
see the cotton candy clouds, purple and pink from the setting sun, absorbing the tendrils of navy slowly sliding down the sky like ink running down parchment. it's heaven above. 

v.
remember the promises that the wind whispered in your hair, intimately tugging your sleeves and your shirt, whistling upon every inch on you, a cool feeling settling over you like a blanket.

vi.
inhale the woodsy scent wafting from the trees that stretch high above into the sky. the shiny green that envelops your scene. 

vii.
feel the storm spark the air and hear the crackling thunder that reverberates around the city and the sky seething, releasing bolts of rage. the sky cracks open above meanwhile.

viii 
see the sky churning from angel blue to an angry cerise colour prepared to disappear into the stygian sky drowning the world in darkness. see the pastel pink of the sky in love with the world or the purple of heartbreak. see the passion in the dark grey hissing with energy. 

ix. 
feel the ocean's gentle breath, its spume lingering, clinging to the specks of sand glinting in the sun. smell the salt clogging the air and see the waves of crystalline blue reflecting the sky. hear its gentle splashes echoing in the air from the vast expanse of cerulean. 

x. 
jagged edges of mountains cut through the sky, the summit stained with white. they stretch across like the spine of the earth, the natural pyramids of earth colossal enough to hide the sun from the piercing gazes of the land they guard from high above. 

10 things. anyway we gotta remember the world isn't as bad as it seems. i'd love to see your versions - it could be about anything not just mother earth! 

• Wisp

You've been inactive for a while, but I just wanted to say thank you. Recently I hit a milestone of 103 followers, and I wanted to extend my gratitude. I remember our first interaction, you had a different profile picture then, and you were so kind and sweet and welcoming. And seeing your profile, my heart just swelled because it was obvious that you were such an endearing and lovely person. And you've given me so much support and smiles from a single click of a button. It means so much, truly it does, and I wish I could give you more than just this mere comment, but I hope that it will at least show a fraction of how grateful I am towards you. Thank you for being such a supportive person and being alongside me during my WtW journey.
    (Also, I'm doing a dust jacket, so if you have any questions, send them my way!)

• Wisp

The imagery!!! It's so indulgent and like a breath of fresh air. It's like you have transported us there and we can feel it all happening before us. Your imagery and diction is spot on and I love how you string this whole thing together, it's just amazing. And the positive outlook at the end!! You had me smiling so much, because it made me remember to appreciate the little things in my life and not just focus on the fears that I have. Ahh, how I wish I could bottle up this piece and feeling it gives me. Lovely piece!

• HelpMe512

replying: lmao I was confused too, but it was pretty funny

• Rohan’s Defender (Rudolph’s Defender #holidayvibes)

Re: awesome, thank you! I’m glad I found you on here! Hope you have a good move! :)

Re: yes, I’ve got one younger sis. She’s 11. Well, it was a bit hard for us because it took us a while to find the right house, but now that we have ITS AMAZING! I love it sooo much! We moved about 20 minutes away, so not too far. I absolutely adore our yard now (we live in the country). I’m sure you’ll love your new place! It’s exciting to move! And I’m here if you ever want to chat! :)

Re: haha! My sister’s birthday is in January too. Mine is December 18th (kinda close...) I’m glad you will still get to see your friends! It’s fun to move, but sometimes hard too.

Re: awesome! Are you moving far away from where you are now? We moved recently too! I’m having a great ninth grade year so far, and I’m so excited that it’s finally fall. It will be Christmas before we know it! And I’ll be 15 soon too.....

• lochnessie

re: aww thank you!!

Re: ohh, that sounds rough! I’m sorry! I’m homeschooled, so I have already started back. Have you done anything fun recently?

• dovetrees

reply: of course i will! :D unfortunately, school's been keeping me busy, but i'm still typing fragments into my notes app during my commute and will definitely try to post maybe once a week ^.^ lovely to see you again!

Re: I’m doing well! Thank you! How’s school going for you?

• mistletoe3.14159 (#Holidayvibes)

Wow!! Great job. I was wondering if you would be interested/have enough time to do review for review? I just finished the third draft of my historical fiction and I can't tell if it's good:) if not, that's totally fine.

• Figwit

Re: thanks for the advice! I'll definitely let you know if I decide to try something like this :)

• beth r.

this is really beautiful!
    re: tysm! yup i hate math lol

• midnight.summerrose

Re: thank you so much!! Don't worry, everyone is busy at the moment! Thanks.

• midnight.summerrose

Love this!! It's beautiful and amazing!!
    Can you tell me what you think about my Historical Fiction piece? :)

• mindfruit

~and I think to myself, what a wonderful world~ (hope I got that reference right). Love this poem! The imagery is so amazing and vivid.

Re: Thanks for the comment. "Life is Dynamite" is a line from a BTS song :)

I am really late... But I love this! Referencing to the title, it's from the song right? I love the song in general, Louis Armstrong's lyrics are genius.

"The colours of the rainbow, so pretty in the sky, and also are the faces of people walking by, I see friends shaking hands, saying how do you do, they're really saying, I love you."

"I see babies cry, I watch them grow, they'll learn much more than I'll ever know."

Anyways, coming back to the list, I especially love numbers iv, v, vii, and viii.

I'll try to do something similar tomorrow! Right now, I need to sleep!

• rainydayz

ummmm this is absolutely beautiful

• Figwit

Wow. Just wow. Some people have the talent to do stuff like this, and I am not one of them. So I know to appreciate it when I see it :) Great job!

Oh wow...i clicked this to reply but this is too amazing not to mention first. I love this so much--the descriptions, the imagery. Absolutely stunning.

replying: Of course I'll do a review. If you can, make sure to try to link it in the comments of one of my pieces so I'll be sure to see it in time. Thank you!

Re: thanks! :)

Re: thank you! Yes, I’ve always done homeschool since 1st grade! I LOVE IT!!! I have always really enjoyed it, and it’s a very good fit for my family!

Re: thank you again! I’m well, thanks, and still doing homeschool (I’ve always done it). I’m glad you like my piece! :)

• Lights.B (#holidayvibes)

Re- AW HAHA THANK YOU! :)

Re: THANK YOU so much! That comment means a lot to me! :) Hiya! Hope you’re doing well, my bud! (Does that sound too awfully strange?)

BEAUTIFULLY GORGEOUSLY PHENOMENALLY PERFECT!!! LLLLLLOOOOOOVVVVVEEEEE IIIITTTTTT! Wow! I’m your previously-unknown-but -now-your-big-fan-of-a-friend Eden!(I love your positivity in your message from writer!)

• Abrianna

oh wow. i've always loved that song, it's so peacefully beautiful. "I see skies of blue And clouds of white The bright blessed day The dark sacred night And I think to myself What a wonderful world."

i saw this title and started to cry.
    the song "what a wonderful world" is... my childhood. my dad plays guitar and he would sing that song to me (and my sister, but mostly me). I always thought of it as my song--so sweet and beautiful and happy.
    this piece reflects that so much. wow. i really appreciate this--i always want to see the beauty in small moments, the simple joy of nature and of life. the world can get you down but there are still so many good things.
    anyways sorry for the length of this comment, this piece just really spoke to me. i love this. hope you are having a good weekend <3 what a wonderful world, indeed.

• Karma's_Coming

Replying: It’s kind of like a highly religious therapy session that none of us asked for. Sorry if that sounds super negative. We just talk about the services. Like last night was on commitment, so we just talked about religious commitment, if that makes any sense.

• Karma's_Coming

Replying: Ah, yeah. Sorry if that was confusing. Every Wednesday night I have youth group and these small talk sessions. I just don’t look forward to them. Sorry if I confused you.

• Lights.B (#holidayvibes)

Awww this piece was so beautiful just like nature is!