AbigailSauble

Child of God
Pro-life
Photographer
Marine sister
Blogger
English Country Dancer
Dessert enthusiast
Sun-Child
Reader
Musician
Artist
ISFJ-A
Wind Chaser
People person
Movie quoter
Tea drinker
Airsofter
Cat lover
Youtuber
ASL

' "Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet My unfailing love for you will not be shaken, nor My covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD.' ~ Isaiah 54:10

Proud USMC sister!

FAVORITE QUOTES:

"Most people never meet their heroes;
I grew up with mine." ♥

“And the one good thing about being down here, is that we’ll save on funeral expenses.” ~ Puddleglum (The Silver Chair)

If you're not ready to die, you're not ready to live. ~ Ron DeJong

How lucky am I to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard. ~ Winnie the Pooh

My Home

4
The horizon is choked with thunder clouds, like a dark wave in a tempest.
   Above this threatening display is hope. Blue sky and sunlight. Stratus clouds slide across the sky, in contrast to the busy Monday morning; everyone's going somewhere!
   Dew clings to fragrant mint flowers, their tiny purple bursts peek hopefully towards the sky for a drier afternoon.
A forest green Ford rumbles by, a pale face flashes in the driver's window. It's Mr. Cox, a neighbor, off to work per usual.
Mr. Woods trudges past, black walking stick in hand. You see him once, then again, as you do every morning, warning the heavier traffic with his neon green vest.
   And here you sit, empty Christmas mug snuggled between your hands, wishing it would stay warm forever. Walls hedge you behind and to both sides, the green house, your favorite place on the farm.
   Where sunrise greets you when the sky is clear. Where tomato plants sit with a distinctive earthy scent. Where a potted Snapdragon is beginning to bud, a demure pink. Where your Dad's coffee mug has been left on the stone steps, growing cold as he walks with Mom. Where clouds have drifted across the sky and blanketed it entirely, leaving only a sliver of white light behind the Evergreens.
   This is Oregon.
   This is my home.

• August 31, 2020 - 9:40am (Now Viewing)

Ah, this is so beautiful, as is Oregon. If I can remember, I'll show this to my friend who's moving there.

• Huba Huba

I like your descriptions.