kealoha

novelist
singer/songwriter
artist
wanna be poet
ukulele lover

almost inactive

"Beauty is not caused. It is."
- Emily Dickenson

"How am I supposed to be your ray of light, your ray of light
I get dark sometimes, does it pass you by."
- Holly Humberstone, Falling Asleep At The Wheel

"We all come from the sea, but we are not all of the sea. Those of us who are, we children of the tides, must return to it again and again, until the day we don't come back, leaving only which was touched along the way."
- Chasing Mavericks

bursting at the seams

13
the faucet is cold against her bare skin, as she twists the metal. water rushes fourth, icy and menacing. it does not matter, though, she simply needs it to drown out her cries. a heaving heart throbs and pulses within her, bursting at the seams, furious with betrayal. trust is something she should have never indulged in. it only leads to hurt, lies seem to be birthed from innocent trust recently. mascara stains her cheeks, black tears slipping over flushed skin. nose and eyes running together. it's hard to keep pain contained silently, and small whimpers slip from her lips, accompanied with voluminous cries. 
                                                                          half an hour passes.

a few muted sniffles as hands grip steel, twisting away the frigid droplets. she moves towards the sink, bathing her face free of any clues. soft towel absorbs moisture from her features. and so she gathers herself, opening the door, smiling.  nobody knows, nobody will ever know her pain.

felt like writing something about heartbreak. feedback is appreciated, know that this is a pretty rough draft :)

replying: omg sorry it took me likes ages to respond but! school is kicking my butt! helloooo! hope you're doing amazing! lovely piece, btw, your transitions are just so effortless and stunning to read <3

• Dmoral

woah, i'll need something to drown my own tears now

• ek503

this is so beautifully written!! i couldn't think of how to explain why i loved it but then i read inanutshell's comment and yes! the seamless transitions!

• ~The Rain Glows Too~

wow, this is beautiful, powerful, and painful. You can almost feel the emotions in the words. Thank you. I hope you have a great day.

• inanutshell

this is so good even as a rough draft tho - love the seamless transitions between the descriptions that signal how she feels " a heaving heart throbs and pulses within her, bursting at the seams, furious with betrayal. trust is something she should have never indulged in." and her actions "it's hard to keep pain contained silently, and small whimpers slip from her lips, accompanied with voluminous cries." the title perfectly encapsulates the emotions here as well. love this!