aosora

United Arab Emirates

meet me there someday

don't swallow gold. i have two tablespoons of sorrow.

little neptune baby

25

the greatest love story crumbles/ like mouths filled with salt & blood/
but there is a jester in those tender eyes/ who sways with ghostly tears/ & he almost makes me want to live/ the gravest sin there is/
sometimes/ when it rains silver beads in december/ i pacify the hourglass twirling inside me/ & catch glimpses of who i was/ in other people/
numb head to the glass in metro trains/ lips parted at obscure junctions/ of bustling cities that offer no reconciliation/ no forgiving warmth/

these days/ the heart does not stir incomprehensibly at innocuous joys/ it does not wish to weather away like cold bones/ it causes immeasurable grief at the impossibility of things/
no desires are bestowed/ at the end of the universe/ no rainbow bubbles gleaming in weary sunlight/ no doing good by those who ache to live fully/

time is so/ so lovely/ so lovely in how it doesn't stay/ so lovely in how eases gloom between invisible spaces/
pain from bygone days/ reclaims much of the folds in severed chests/ like the quiet realization/ of how sad dying is/
how sad it is to die/ how sad it is to let go/ 
to let go of/ the only things you know/

letters to childhood memories, of you and everything you wanted. do you want to grow older? do you want to live?

• September 14, 2020 - 4:52am (Now Viewing)

• spurtsofdarkness

'how sad it is to die/ how sad it is to let go/
    to let go of/ the only things you know/'

i am shattered but also in love

• abi_foster

this is breathtaking. one of the best poems i have ever read, ever. so so beautiful. good job

• Century Friend

"sometimes/ when it rains silver beads in december/ i pacify the hourglass twirling inside me/ & catch glimpses of who i was/ in other people/" Beautiful.

god this is so... i don’t even really know what to say. that last stanza really hits hard. and the lines, “the heart does not stir incomprehensibly at innocuous joys/ it does not wish to weather away like cold bones/ it causes immeasurable grief at the impossibility of things/“ is just !! i feel so full reading this piece and so nostalgic for everything gone by and everything to come at the same time.