Paisley Blue

she/they | minnesotan
INFP-T, lesbian, christian
--
est. June 2, 2020

absolutely in love with words
theater geek and musician
trying to spread kindness and love and all that jazz <3

tell me what's on your mind
:)

Thank youuuu <3

A poem because one hundred M&Ms is a lot of sugar || PLEASE READ FOOTNOTES

24
It's not often that I am caught
Speechless
Without the ever-present words
As my safety net
But here I am
And it is all because of

Y o u
I never thought I'd be here.

Seriously. One hundred followers? I've always associated that with mature older people who know what they're doing and write like poetry GODS, but here I am. And that is... humbling and stunning and I honestly don't know what to say. I mean, people can underestimate the number 100 when it's on a plain white spreadsheet, but one hundred M&Ms are a lot of sugar. One hundred people, interested enough to want to read more?? I can hardly believe it!

There are too many people to thank, but I'll try. Dmoral, sunny.v, outoftheblue, poetri, Anne Blackwood, happy butterfly, Abby.a and so, so many more—you all have been awesome and supportive from the first word I typed. I wouldn't have made it this far without you; and I probably wouldn't have had the heart to try.
There are so many of you—if you're reading this, thank you. You have made a difference and I am so grateful. You've helped me improve beyond belief.

So raise your handful of 100 M&Ms. I toast to the wonderful days we've had and the wonderful days to come. The pieces we've published and the pieces that we havent even thought of yet. The friends we've made and the friends we can't wait to meet. I toast to you all.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart!

With all my love,
Ella <3

• August 29, 2020 - 9:51pm (Now Viewing)

• abby.a

Dude. I’m not gonna lie, this made me cry happy tears. You mean so much to me and I love you so so much. We both know I don’t have the best self esteem but the fact that I apparently helped you in some way... that means a lot. You are so incredibly talented and 10000% earned each and every follower. You are so kind and genuine both in person and online. I love you so much girl, keep writing <3

• waxingcrescents

Congratulations!! I'm so proud to be one of your followers. You are such an incredible writer, and your pieces are so inspiring! :)

• dovetrees

YAY CONGRATS <3 you deserve it!!

• Doodleninja

AHHHH CONGRATS ELLA!!! YAY M&M’S FOR EVERYONE! XD
    You are an amazing writer and i cannot wait to read more of what you have to offer! Here’s to the next 100! :)

• Samina

Congratulations!!!!!!!
    I don't think you know me. I am Samina. Old on wtw. I was on a break from wtw.... Glad to meet you!!

• Inimitable

Congrats! 100's a big deal!
    Replying: thank you so much! I honestly almost cried just reading your comment. I really appreciate the kind words, and wish you the best in your struggles in the area as well (:

• HelpMe512

Congrats! Also replying: You definitely should drink more water. I mean, it can only make you feel better, so please remember to have at least a bottle today. <3 stay safe

• Jasmine khawar

Congratulations *confettis confettis confettis*
    I didn't even followed you but your work is so good. Happy for you <3

• spurtsofdarkness

ok also i just saw the comments and realized that you were called ella joy before so i may have seen your work before, and i do remember (very vaguely) your green tree pfp? happy hundred!

• spurtsofdarkness

congrats, even though i've not seen a lot of you since i haven't been active *cough* suspended *cough* i'll look forward to reading more of your work :) also pro tip: use the comments next time for social posts since they also take down pieces on the basis of the footnotes too (been there done that) keep writing!

aww congrats dear!! you're an absolute sweetheart who truly cares about this community and it's clear that everyone knows and loves you for that. it's been amazing watching your style develop and change since you first joined and here's to many, many more! <3 <3

Congrats! I love reading what you write! So happy for you! :)
    Re- (heart emoji)

• erin!

congratulations you legend!! you deserve it so much, excited to see you keep writing <3

congrats my dearest! wow, 100. that's quite a bit, and you deserve every single one. i've been here since you were Ella Joy, and i adore you still. you deserve every follower, not just for your sweet and well-crafted writing, but for your kind soul and your honest affection towards other people. every comment i get from you has been so genuine, and you've made me smile on more occasions than one. a toast to miss ella, yes? and a toast from a proud big sister. cheers, love. here's to so many more.

• Century Friend

Congrats!!! You're such a talented writer. You deserve every single one of those follows, and more! :)

• Karma's_Coming

Aw yay!! Congrats!!! And here’s to many many more <3

• beth r.

yessssss congrats!!!! i love your writing and your comments are always the sweetest!!!!

• ek503

congratulations!! you deserve all the support you have, and i'm so thankful for your support as well <3 *showers you with m&m's*

Cheers!! I love your writing and I'm so happy you've gone so far!!!

Aw congrats Ella! You've earned every one, and I'm proud to follow you. And thanks for the shoutout!! <3

• Wisp

Oh my goodness! Congratulations, you absolutely deserve 100 and more! Your pieces are so heartfelt and tear-jerking and your comments are just so kind and sincere. Excuse me while I have this proud old lady moment because I remember when you first joined as EllaJoy and had a green tree design(?) as your profile pic. How far you’ve come and I can’t imagine the community without you. So here, I’ll raise my glass to you, here’s to 100 more!

• Dmoral

thanks for the shout-out & love darling, you've been an absolute sweetheart and perhaps the most compassionate and understanding person here on wtw. best of luck & here's to 100 more !

• poetri

Yes girly you deserve it. You've come so far and I can't wait to see more! Enjoy those m&m's (i may have to join you in that) and all the best <3