pineapples

Pineapples
I love reading and writing (obviously)
he/they, they/them preferred

"have I killed my thoughts right before their prime?
have I bit my tongue one too many times?
have I said it all the way I really meant to?"
~ben platt

Refer to these pieces when you need more info on the LGBTQIAP+ community:
ON A-SPEC ERASURE:
https://bit.ly/2ZZ3wzD

On genders out of the binary of male and female:
https://bit.ly/3gMkJDl

Basic definitions of sexual orientations:
https://bit.ly/38Nn91w

On the difference between romantic and sexual attraction:
https://bit.ly/2DsW2xb

mozart haunted my ears as you found the forgotten remnants of a lost childhood.

16

twinkle twinkle. 

you found the violin that once sang vivaldi and beethoven every day and you held it out to me, smile on your face. 
i accepted the battered instrument, but my once agile fingers slipped, lost on the unforgivingly blank black fingerboard. 
bow too tight, unrosined, i readied my once trained fingers. 

unforgivingly, the violin screeched its reluctance, and dug into my collarbone as the bow lost its grip on the string, and fell. 

you handed me my shoulder rest, which was wedged behind a bed i could barely remember. 

i readied myself again, more comfortable on the shoulder, and with a bow less tight and rosined.

this time, i was able to scratch out a simple twinkle, twinkle, and memories of lessons and violin teachers flooded my brain. 

the melody of the lost time rang in my ear as you brought me pictures of me, young, standing next to someone who could only be my grandfather. 
you smiled and handed it to me, but i was only wondering whether san francisco had been a mistake.
the cold, misty bay breeze had wiped him from my mind. all i knew about my grandfather was that i had met him once - mere weeks before he'd died. 

the sound of mozart's sweet melody was no longer a sweet sound, as it scratched around my head, haunting me, reminding me of everything i'd forgotten.  

you gave me four graphic tees from my teenage years. 
apparently, i went to music camp four years in a row... perhaps i should remember this. 

you handed me a bunch of colorful rubberbands

and the gentle, nostalgic music ground to a halt in my head as i remembered why i'd left this home. 

~~writer's block~~

also, alternate title - twinkle twinkle

also, okay, so apparently, mozart didn't write twinkle, twinkle, but he's credited for it, and the history is too much work to explain here. so yeah... 

• August 30, 2020 - 7:28am (Now Viewing)

• Wicked!

Wonderful piece! I love the sad sort of nostalgia here, amd the imagery is lovely!

• A Certain Type of Decisive

This is wonderful-- I don't know much about violins, but I know a little something about moving and this really "rosin"ated with me lol

• dovetrees

'the sound of mozart's sweet melody was no longer a sweet sound, as it scratched around my head, haunting me, reminding me of everything i'd forgotten,' amazing description!! it fits so well and adds so much depth, definitely my favourite line!

• EliathRose

Replying: Woah, that’s cool. I guess it hit really hard because forgetting how to play the violin is something that scares me so badly — it’s been part of my identity for 11 years, and the thought of losing all of that freaks me out. It seems like it could also be read metaphorically somehow, which could make it applicable to other situations. Did that make any sense? I’m so tired right now, and forming sentences is not a good thing at the moment. In total I just freaking adore this piece and it might be one of my favorites.

• EliathRose

Is this based off of actually playing the violin? Sorry I’m just curious. (It’s so well written though!)

"and the gentle, nostalgic music ground to a halt in my head as i remembered why i'd left this home. " asjldhl THIS is your writer's block? the subtle way you mix childhood memories with music and symphonies is just so seamless and beautiful to observe. ahh just love this sm. possibly my favourite piece of yours!

omg this is lovely! your tone is sooo unique and refreshing. finally, some good food around here.