Cordelia_Fitzgerald

My dream is to be a bestselling author. I want to write YA fiction that is filled with magic, mythical beings, and much more! Most importantly, I want God to use my life and love of writing to share the good news of his mercy to all who need it!

I wrote this for creative writing class. I must say that I thoroughly amused myself.

It's Corona, Harry | Hagrid and Harry in Diagon Alley (Pandemic Style)

8
    “Hagrid,” said Harry, adjusting his raggedy bandana to sit on his nose, “what is this place?”
    Hagrid looked down and said, “Hrry, ama bouter shoya agon lee.”
    “W-what?”
    Hagrid growled, snatching the pink mask off his face, and in doing so got a few dirty looks from two nearby witches huddled in a corner. “Oi, I’m six feet away! Don’t get yer knickers in a twist!”
    The two witches just harrumphed and looked away. 
    “As I was sayin’, Harry, I’m about to show ya Diagon Alley.”
    “Diagon Alley?”
    “That’s right. Now, what was that pattern…”
    Hagrid slipped his mask back on and studied the bricks. Using his pink umbrella, he tapped up three bricks and over two. He tapped the wall three times more, and the bricks began to quiver. Suddenly, the bricks began to rearrange themselves into a massive opening, and just through it was the busiest place Harry had seen in months.
    Harry’s eyes drank in the multitude of weird shops and emporiums. Cauldrons, wands, owls. It was all there. Harry almost followed Hagrid into the bustling street, but hesitated.
“Is it safe, Hagrid?” Harry asked, studying the close-knit crowds with concern.
    “Is purf lee safnow cumon mmhamm,” Hagrid replied eagerly.
    Harry just nodded and hoped what Hagrid had said wasn’t important. 
    All throughout the alley, Harry observed the odd robes and pointy hats with wonder. His interest was captured by every impossible detail. There were items being magicked this way and that, and lines were thick with book laden scholars and frazzled mums trying to keep her children at least an arms-length from other customers. Despite the hassle, Harry’s attention was mostly caught by the rather interesting contraptions that covered their noses. Some looked like they were made from some foreign creature’s scales, some flashed different colors. One man simply had a transparent bubble surrounding his head, but most of the masks were a pattern of red, blue, yellow, and green. Almost everyone wore one of those.
    Jogging a little to keep up with Hagrid’s massive steps, Harry inquired about the masks.
    “Ah, tho fer howars tudets.”
    Harry cupped his hands about his invisible mouth, “I can’t hear you!”
    “AH,” Hagrid yanked the bubblegum colored fabric from his face, “They’re fer the Hogwarts students. It’s the house colors. Actually…” 
    Hagrid began feeling around his coat and reached into yet another pocket and pulled out an identical multicolored Hogwarts mask. 
    “Wear a mask, you idiot!” someone shouted.
    “MIND YER BUSINESS,” Hagrid countered angrily. “Here Harry, this came with yer letter. It’ll do better than that rag you got on there.”
    “Thanks.”
    “Know we need to get yer money.”
    “I have money? Of my own?” Harry toyed with the idea of owning anything of worth. 
    “Why of course you do! Did ya think yer mum and dad left ya with nothin?”
    “Well—”
    “The only problem is that them goblins will be extra nasty having to put up with them masks.”
    “Goblins? In masks?” Harry tried very hard to put that image out of his head. The oddities seemed never to end in this alley.

This, of course, was loosely based on a section of chapter 5 in The Sorcerer's Stone by J.K. Rowling.

THIS IS INCREDIBLE AND GENIUS YOU ARE GENIUS

• journal.scribbles

"Oi, I’m six feet away! Don’t get yer knickers in a twist!” "Goblins? In masks?" I'm laughing so hard right now.

• Century Friend

This is hilarious XD I enjoyed every bit of it.

• Jess_the_crazy_writer

I've never even read Harry Potter, but this is hilarious. XD