~madeline~

euphoria fashioned from stanzas of

disillusionment

est. 8.19.20

Reposting an old piece... Cause why not? :)

The Hand is Mighty

24
I don't like the saying "The pen is mightier in the sword."
I've known from a young age what that saying means. It means that you should use your words to convince others rather than your muscles. The pen can win any battle with only proverbial bloodshed. 
But is it really the pen that is mighty? 
What about the hand that wields the pen? After all, the hand is the mastermind of all of the pen's successes. 
Without the hand, there would be no pen. So I say, the hand is mightier than the sword. 
But the cutting edge of the blade is also guided by the hand. Where would the sword be if left in the sheath? 
The hand is the director of the show. It guides the pen and sword, telling them where to move and what to say.
It is the knight charging into battle. It picks its weapon with careful precision. 
The hand is the mastermind of the evil plot. It carries out its plans in thorough detail. 
So in the end is it the pen that takes the victory or the hand? 
Do the henchmen get credit for their leader's work? 
They shouldn't. Why should the pen get credit for being the preferable instrument? The hand is the one that get to choose between the two, why not give it credit? 
So I vote we change the saying. We give credit where it's deserved. 
"The hand is mighty, choose your instruments wisely." 

1

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Hi! Part 14 of the collab is out on Coolgirl’s page!

• Huba Huba

You have a good point.

ooooh, yes!

• Starting Anew! (still Coolgirl though)

WOW! I AM IN LOVE WITH THAT SAYING! YES! GONNA GO PUT IT ON MY MESSAGE TO READER BOX RIGHT NOW! (full credit given to you, of course).

wow wow wow
    that last sentence is so powerful and so poetic! I have no words.

• Cici'sTimes

Interesting... *stares into space contemplating whether then hand or the brain is in charge lol

• Tayyaba

It really made me smile wider. And we never thought of it . and yep hand works on the command of brain so maybe brain is mightier than the sword :P:P

• hi i'm jackson ;)

whoah man!!! this is sO good!! and right!!! a great message that was skillfully presented!!! AMAZING MY DUDE!!!! keep writing!!!!

• RemovedUser1

Wow, I love this! Great thinking piece.

• journal.scribbles

Wow, I never thought about it like that. So true.

• Alita Swift

Completely true! Love it!

You are brilliant. I will make sure to tell everyone about this if I ever hear that quote again! Also I adore KOTLC!!!!!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

This is awesome and very insightful! I love it!

I love how pumped I was after reading this! Love it! :)

• Landofstories

re: yup! i think it was just a crush with him but keefe she truly loves - just a vibe i got. so that's why i'm leaning to sokeefe

• Landofstories

re: ya i actually think you might be lol... i'm pretty sure a lot of people converted. im leaning to SoKeefe but I'm honestly great with sophie just being by herself #girlpower. i think she needs time away from crushes and all that.

• Landofstories

re: yassss! go team keefe ! waittttt....who do you ship? okay well i wrote a piece about it so lets see who answers?

• mindfruit (semi-active)

Replying: Yeah, I agree Stina's character is complex. I hated her at first but now I'm starting to like her.

• Landofstories

re: gah, same. such a huge SM fan! she's such a great author! wow there are SO MANY KOTLC fans here! i'm so happy rn! honestly, there are so many we should just create one giant group chat lol. anyway, who's your fav character?

• mindfruit (semi-active)

Wow, very interesting piece! Good logic too (and solid conclusion at the end).
    Replying: I think my favorite KOTLC character is Dex. He's kind of underrated. Who's yours?

Good thought...Really got my mind going :)