Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
semi active; chaotic life.
published writer + classics enthusiast.
obsessed with name titled poetry & songs.

bouncing around with title ideas, as always it seems

the sun was painted on her skin

11

the color her skin wore was primrose all bright and hopeful, against her flawlessly bronze skin. her forehead had a perfect circle and if you look close enough, you'd see her grandmother's thumbprint in the middle of it, slanted and soft, but there nonetheless. thick, single, primrose streaks ran down her arms, stars on the sides of her shoulders and on the back of her hands; where the lines started and where they had end. 

as for her clothes, she had secretly borrowed her sister's midnight dress, it hugging her body far too tight for any father's liking, and stopping midthigh, in a strict, straight line. the fabric was cool against her skin and she liked that, the silk kind enough to not rub her raw. as for the primrose grown in her head, she was given it on her mother's deathbed. somehow the creator had incorporated gold and primrose to fit together perfectly, quite the unseen oddity.

she stood with a straight back slapped with birthright authority, but it was a sea of longing stars that stood before her. many of them were tastelessly inspired, watching in predictable awe at her, with obedience written in their eyes. yet, some of them had fallen, bloody and bruised, but with a silent pride holding me upright, as though they had broken free from something, internally. and then there were the falling, the lost, the unknowings looking for a way out of something they don't quite understand, yet. even so, every one of his followers were here, his.

she had no followers, for she was the ruler of an empty kingdom (yes, this is where the tragedies stem from, there are three worth knowing, but those are other stories). and as a queen of the nobodies, she had awaited eons for a moment such a this. a moment when all of her everything was worth something.

quietly, she made her way down the aisle: her hips swapped slightly, her palms were together in front of her best, her bare feet absorbed the coolness of the ground, her hair curled tighter. a small murmur came from the stars, but no one dared to speak above it, for this moment was her's. after one last look around the crowd, she focused on him.

he was at the end of the aisle, his outfit the collection from his own ancestors. a primrose shendyt wrapped around his thighs, with a matching usekh around his neck. his bare chest had no effect on her as it did the stars, nor the muscles and almond color of his skin. it was the eyes that drew her in: the silver knowings in them, but so empty though they watched over a kingdom with many. she had never felt as alone in her empty kingdom as he did with all his people surrounding him.

she made it to the end of the aisle, the only noise left was the collection of breaths from the ancestors, preparing for the moment crafted by fate, when time had first began.

"call me Asenath," she whispered, taking his hands. "you're destined lover."

"Badru," he said, the warmth of her touch startling against his frozen skin. "i shall love you until we're fated to be over."
lowercase intentional (lowkey kinda regret now but i'm too busy to go back and capitalize everything).
Finished: 8/27/2020
primrose.
shendyt.
usekh.
________
lowkey my activity has died down but like you guys are stilling blowing up my notifications bar and i love that lol. glad you like my recent pieces, sorry it's slightly religious poetry, i do tend to avoid that. but i haven't written a short story in a while so i figured i crank one out, here's the result! the title was my muse, which i got after seeing this really cool graphic character inspiration on *interest, which ofc i saved to my board! please enjoy! 

and for those who care! - classic novel wise, i'm currently reading Beloved by T. Morrison and woah, it's serious. like classics are "young adult"/"adult" books but like, this novel is Adult Adult literature, rated R for sure. anyway, definitely feel a muse from that one but nothing yet. 

feedback very much appreciated! i live for comments!

• August 30, 2020 - 9:01am (Now Viewing)

• kealoha

wow, this is just so well written, absolutely gorgeous! amazing imagery!

Oh thanks for taking my advice ^u^

Wow, the imagery here is stunning! I love the melody in the lines and the way you emphasize on how he is so empty. This is an amazing piece! <3

Wow, this is truly lovely. I really enjoyed reading it. As for the title, I think it's wonderful. Perhaps just add the word "skin" at the end? It might flow better. <3

• ek503

"thick, single, primrose streaks ran down her arms, stars on the sides of her shoulders and on the back of her hands; where the lines started and where they had end."
    "her hips swapped slightly, her palms were together in front of her best, her bare feet absorbed the coolness of the ground, her hair curled tighter."
    ahhh the imagery in this piece is stunning!!