Anne Blackwood

16
Poet
Singer
Theatre kid
Twin
Disabled (chronically ill)
Suspected autistic
ADHD
Highly Sensitive Person
XXFJ, Melancholic-Sanguine, ambivert

Joined 1/16/20

What the heck is this?
UPDATE 11/21/20: This is an older piece I'm republishing since I plan on entering it into the Scholastics. Please give me constructive feedback in reviews and/or comments. Thank you!
Also: Do you think they would disqualify this due to it containing my first name? They don't allow identifying information to be in the piece, but I wasn't sure if this would count or not.

inconsistent ramblings of my nom de plume (republishing for peer reviews)

27

i love queen anne's lace, but i think that's only because it's the name i bestowed upon myself. but
i am not a queen. a princess, maybe; a golden sprite
who just wants to spread a little bit of fairy dust as she flies among the flowers and leaves.

my poems are not usually very long. some writers craft words into writing that drifts on and on,
like bits of spider silk twisting itself through the wind.
no, when i write, i am pulled between never-ending verse and
something concise.

sometimes i pretend a song belongs to me, that each word was crafted in my mind.
can you blame me? when music pours out of my heart, it isn't a sin to wish for it to have my name on it, any more than it is to
pick a favorite spot at the edge of the bleachers and label it as my own.

and now i've written more than i intended, and i suppose it's ironic. because
i said i don't write much in a piece that drags itself into too much space.
it's fitting, isn't it? for i've always been a contradiction; an oxymoron. or a hypocrite, if you prefer bluntness to romanticized verse.

but i prefer to pretend life is more than what i see in front of me. i don't think there's anything wrong
with that. pain is easier to swallow in the form of honeyed words.
and so, i shall make-believe and sing for more joy than i feel. i shall paint myself beautiful,
and live in moments of poetry and sky.
Take what you will from this. I'm not exactly who you may think I am. Don't worry, it doesn't make much of a difference.
Also, if you got the not-so-subtle reference to another piece of mine at the end, props to you.

1

• In Which Yaya Writes

*sighs* I looked for one that I could hopefully give some critique on, but I don’t think I can. I don’t know, maybe I’m just not good at poetry XD??
    Anywhoo, I love this! I like how it’s kinda just you writing whatever you’re thinking. Although I don’t know if the judges at the Scholastics would think of that as a cool style or as signs of an amateur. If “Anne Blackwood” isn’t your real name (I can understand the pseudonym thing because... well my username contains a pseudonym XD) then I don’t think that’d disqualify it because it’s not your real name. But, I hope you do well!
    Replying: Aw, you’re welcome :).
    Well, atleast you’re working away from that XD.
    That sounds like something I would do XD.
    Haha XD!! I like how you said “plot twist.” But getting pregnant would definitely be a plot twist!
    Huh, that’s interesting. I don’t know how you could read all of them though XD. I follow like 40 people and I miss a ton of them. Although my mom restricts our electronics time a lot. But that is a cool thing to do!
    Aww, thank you!!! I’m so glad you liked it!! I tried to make it really rich and strong. I’m also doing a lot of plotting (Which I NEVER do!) and character building.
    Sorry it took me so long to reply! I have a hard time prioritizing who and what to reply to XD. And the longer I put something off the more I forget about it. *facepalms.*

ahhhh anne youre so talented i forgot how good this piece was... also peep my comment that i wrote,its the first one.its literally what we are saying lol

• wil

Re: thanks, I guess...not exactly sure what you meant by that. : )

• wil

I like the flower reference.
    Re: huh. Never thought of you as being a super sensitive person.

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Woah, this is just STUNNING! I relate so much to a lot of this, especially the music part. Woooowwww. I might be speechless.

• everythingbagel (the cliffhanger goddess)

i read the title wrong and thought this said "ramblings of my mom de plume"
    either way, i still would have read it.
    i loved the angle you took in this piece; our online personas are certainly not what we are in real life, and sometimes that can be deceiving. (i learned this the hard way).

• books4life

the internal rhyme scheme is *chef kiss*. it fits perfectly and i love the all lowercase (something i'm partial to myself). this is AMAZING and i wish you best of luck in the comp. :)

re: thank you for your support <3 I hope my piece helped you understand more! If you ever have questions, just let me know. hope you're having a wonderful day <333

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Hey, Blue! I was wondering if you get a chance, would you mind telling me what you think about my poem Feelings? I just did it today, but I’d really love to hear your thoughts.

• lochnessie

re: thank you so much <3

• lochnessie

wow, this is quite possibly my favourite piece of yours.
    also, so sorry for not checking in more/replying/liking everything. i'm going through a weird time at the moment. grief after grief, if that's a thing? anyway, i love this. best of luck, anne.
    ness <3

• don't you see the starlight (#TS)

Oh my this is lovely I love the reference at the beginning. So Anne isn’t your name! I thought I caught whispers of that but it’s sure a nice pen name. I don’t think it would disqualify the piece with the name reference in the beginning.
    Re: thanks so much for all your comments!
    https://fourtemperaments.com/15-temperament-blends/#1457396068797-a91cd30a-7e6b
    This was a cool website I found!

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Re: :D

wait wait wait HOLD UP your name isnt Anne???!!!!??? I've been like, searching through the comments from before trying to follow different conversations and AHHHHHHH
    This piece is beautiful but I'm a little stunned ahhhhh
    Um
    Yeah
    :)

this is gorgeous! so so so stunning. each word is picked so carefully and so perfectly! you never cease to astonish with your poetry--also good luck entering this! If i was an editor id def pick it :)

replying: oh no thats totally fine!
    oooh cool cool,one day if you're famous i'll be like " ya we're actually related" lol

• Spiral Dragon

I love this piece! How do you do it?

• RemovedUser1

Wait——- your name isn’t Anne? What? That’s.... IDK.
    Replying: *more confetti* Thanks! And yeah, she is XD. She got me on this site. I’ve known her for...... a very long time XD.

• RemovedUser1

Ok, for your message to start out as “What the heck?”... I was completely blown away XD. Poems are so hard for me! How is the one that you don’t know what it’s about so amazing? But, anyway, I totally relate to this. Like butterfly, I romanticize and draw pictures of metaphors and sing my random/interesting ideas through this world. Great job!

wait wait wait i just realised your real name isnt actually anne *mind blown* *body collapses*

replying:i'm so happy that my comments make you happy<3

oh my oh my oh my YES anne! i completely feeel you.i feel as though i choose to look at life in the way it actually isn't and i romanticsize it alot,but eh as you said,whats wrong with that.
    i love this piece so much its so relatable to me,and pretty and raw and honest uggghh.
    "pain is easier to swallow in the form of honeyed words." beautiful
    "and live in moments of poetry and sky." are you like a genius?!
    i love every line.
    ALSO girrrlll you know i got the reference!.
    your piece"paint me beautiful " yes im a true lover of your work