HelpMe512

Ace
He/Him
Transphobes stay out
Joined September 2019

"If I wait 'til my tomorrow comes, is the waiting all I've ever done?"
-Ben Platt

"It's alright, it's okay. You're not a monster just human and you made a few mistakes,"
-It's Alright by Mother Mother

"One page of the bible isn't worth a life,"
-The Village by Wrabel

"I thought you had me in prison this whole time, but I'm the one holding the key,"
-Intro III by NF

"A hundred bad days makes a hundred good stories and a hundred good stories makes me interesting at parties,"
-100 Bad Days by AJR

If you have any other song lyrics to put on the quote board shoot me a comment and I'll gladly put them on!

the beginning || Mental Health Matters (1)

18

have you ever laid in bed
afraid to sleep
in case tomorrow comes too soon
but afraid to be awake
in case you think too much

have you ever had to drag yourself out of bed
because you aren't motivated
to do anything at all
but you have so much to do
that it's overwhelming

have you ever been in a crowd
and felt like everyone's eyes
are on you
and they all will resent you
if you say a word

have you ever held your breath
so your tears can be hidden
from the rest of the world
but at night
they soak your pillow

if you answered yes
then we're not that much different
and maybe
just maybe
we can get each other through it
NEW SERIES YAY
My goal is to write 20 pieces centered around mental health, one a day. After I hit my goal, I won't do one every day, but I hope to continue it. This series will focus on ways to ways to cope, explaining effects of mental health, sharing experiences and how I deal with it, and more. I don't claim to be an expert at all, but I want to use my experiences to help and educate others.

• August 28, 2020 - 9:45am (Now Viewing)

• CrazyNinjaKid

i love this, such a cool idea!

• Charisse Marison

Mental health is so important! Thank you so much for this series, it means a lot to me and a ton of other people <3

• Century Friend

As someone who relates to these experiences, I can't tell you how thankful I am that you wrote this. It's so important to open the conversation, and for anyone who has these experiences to have flat-out proof that they aren't alone in what they're feeling. 20 pieces — that's quite the commitment, thank you so much for doing this. Please stay safe :)

• Alex S

I'm glad that you're creating an open conversation.

• Landofstories

This is such a great idea, it's so incredibly moving and powerful! Absolutely love this! I'm so excited to see more!

• Jasmine khawar

That's a great idea! I love your other pieces too!

Sounds like an amazing series! Excited to see where you go with it :)

• Ella R. Baker

I really appreciate you writing this. Mental health is very important and I feel that now more that before COVID people are lacking motivation and feeling down and misunderstood (I might be overstepping but that’s how it is for me, at least). Thank you for writing this piece and sharing your experiences to help others. :)

I think it is a great idea to write a series of pieces like this! Mental health is more important than some people realize and more people struggle with it than we know. Best of luck, and happy writing!

• waxingcrescents

I love this! Thank you for making this piece (and series) and raising awareness about mental illness. You wrote this powerful piece so effectively!