journal.scribbles

Asian American
INTP-T

if i'm not writing, please force me to. if i'm writing, please yell at me to do my homework. it's the only way i'll ever get anything done.

This went through a very long process of revisions and I can't even tell if it makes sense anymore. Also if anyone can figure out how to get the fermata symbol on a chromebook, please let me know! I spent like ten minutes looking for a way before giving up. :)

Nobody Else Can Hear (Arr. by a self-aware dancer)

6
-as in a cadenza-   sometimes   (Dates unknown)   it feels like I’m dancing   Fine   to a tempo nobody else can hear   simile   the crescendos are silent, the lyrics   Shhhh   make no sense, and   mp   even I can’t find the melody and   mf   sometimes   (Dates unknown)   I wonder whether you’re the harmony   pp   but then I wake up and   rit.   remember that I haven’t heard your silent nonsense yet and   molto rit.   this deaf musician of a heart is best solo and so   accel.   I keep swaying in the silence and   chaotically   spinning in the nonsense and   mysteriously   falling on my face and   With a spirited groove!   shaking off the bruises and   moderately   hoping that someday   (Dates unknown)   I’ll find the melody and   fermata     the harmony to it and   D.C. al Fine

• August 26, 2020 - 4:37pm (Now Viewing)

• Karma's_Coming

Oh and also, here’s a website for how to do a bunch of music symbols. I had to do some music stuff for school so it was still open in my tabs, even many months later. I should get rid of that. ANYWAY. Fermata should be in there somewhere.

https://www.alt-codes.net/music_note_alt_codes.php

• Karma's_Coming

Oh my, I should’ve read your piece first. This is amazing! I love how you made a story out of cues. Especially the “mysteriously falling on my face,” although writing that out of context sounds even better. As a fellow band kid, I think I enjoyed this that much better *holds arms as far as they can go*.

• Karma's_Coming

Replying: I don’t mind at all, knock yourself out (please don’t actually knock yourself out. That’s a no no and would probably hurt). And thank you so much for the suggestion! After many rereads, going deeper into the cloth thingy hadn’t even crossed my mind. So thanks!

• madeline3.14159

Love this piece! As a dancer/musician myself, sometimes I wonder if certain other people are listening to the same music as me :) So creative, So true, So wonderful!

• erin!

replying: thank you so much, i'm glad you liked it!

although i am an orchestra kid and we are thus mortal enemies, i LOVED this and how you incorporated musical cues in your writing (especially "with a spirited groove!"). so creative and wonderful!

This was a really unique piece I MEAN THAT IN A GOOD WAY! Love! :)