Jo Margaux

Homeschooled
Multilingual
Artist
Pianist
Scientist
Reader
Writer
Narnian
Skreean
Redwaller
Joshua 1:9
(It's pronounced "mar-go")

I spend too much time gazing out of my window, wishing I was somewhere I'm not.

My mind is like a good book in three respects: that it is easy to get lost in it; that it has lots of unexpected twists; and that there is never really an end.

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." - Philippians 4:13

"This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." - Isaiah 43:2

"From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king." - J. R. R. Tolkien

5 words that don't exist but should

12
1. Mundadentes.

Definition: To brush your teeth. Literally means "pure teeth". 
   Usage (verb): "Honey! Time for mundadentes!" "Have you mundadented yet?"

2. Post-prandium.

Definition: After a meal. Literally means "after meals".
    Usage (preposition): "Grownups always just sit around and talk post-prandium."

3. Tangemador.
    Definition: To touch something wet, such as paint that's not dry yet, or something mysterious on the kitchen floor.   Literally means "touch moisture". 
    Usage (verb): "Ew! I thought the paint was dry, but I tangemadored!" "In order to pick up an earthworm you must tangemador."

4. Pomeridianesca.
    Definition: An afternoon snack, you know, right between lunch and dinner. Literally means "afternoon fuel". 
    Usage (noun): "Mommy, I'm hungry, can I have a pomeridianesca?"

5. Cordisverba.

Definition: Something written truly from the heart; a piece of writing coming from deep inside. Literally means "words of the heart."
    Usage (noun): "The story was a true cordisverba."

Thanks to Google Translate, I was able to create these words by turning a few English words into Latin and combining ones that sounded like a real word together. 

• August 25, 2020 - 11:23am (Now Viewing)

• hold on to the memories #NEWYEAR [slightly hiatus]

WOWOWOWOW YES YES I LOVE IT
    have you heard of the dictionary of obscure sorrows? this reminded me of that wonderful word haven. also, defenestrate is a wonderful word

• Rohan’s Defender (hiatus; I’ll be back soon!)

OHHHH I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE ITTTTT!!!! This is ammmmaaaazzzziiiinnnngggggg!! Also, 21 PILOTS ROCK!!

• Jasmine khawar

Oh!! That's so good, creative. I love it!

I did it! A piece on brushing your teeth with all your words! Check it out! https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/188029/version/380114

As promised, I credited your words and you by linking this piece in each and every original word of yours and mentioning the post and your account in the feed. So, enjoy the usage of the words in a paragraph!

• RemovedUser1

What?! This is so amazing! Great job!! It’s comedic, but it ends sincerely. Love!

• Cici'sTimes

Now the time has come to create our own language from Cordisverba:)

• Rachaelgrace

Love!!!

So, I have decided my next project. I am going to write a short story with these five words and link this piece to my work so that other people can see your amazing creations.

• BlueOwl

I loved that you mixed English and Latin! Since we're both polyglots, I thought this might interest you: there are equivalents in Portuguese for words 2 (pós-almoço) and 4 (lanche: this one translates to snack, but ppl mostly use it for afternoon snack). And I think that for the word 5, there a Greek word (meraki), which is almost the same as what you wrote, only is broader (it refers to anything you do, not necessarily writing). I know that by the title you meant "words that don't exist in English", but I thought you might be interested in this.
    Great use of multilingualism and creativity!

ALSO I just looked at your profile pic and AHHHHH Aslan... great drawing!!! <3

omg yes I am so going to start using these words. This is beautiful. yes.

• beth r.

pure genius right here