mia_:)

13 || she/her || wtw's resident adoptee :)

let's be friends! :) <3

mochi waffle :D

est. march 5, 2020

yes, we be cross-posting ;)

thank you so much. you have no idea how grateful i am! sending virtual hugs to everyone!! *hugs hugs hugs*

rhapsodomancy in gold (thank you in footnotes! <3)

22

you’ve got gingham dreams gilded into deep-set ribcages /
bone of strength, marrow of sapience /
and yeats said to tread lightly, so my rubber soles don’t scuff your aspirations /
i think your notions can take it; i drag my feet as if they’re welded from gold /
of course, i’d give anything to be weighed down by things of beauty /
and i tell my stem cells so / be anything you want, be free, be free /
i feel them shift into flesh and blood / not a glimmer in sight /

and i wear my heart on my scarlet sleeve / but no one has the gilded key /
you quote tennyson and i tune out the colloquy /

[ subfocal yearnings / ordinate earnings / ] do you feel the word turning?

seize the anthology; your future runs rampant between the papyrus lines:
but can you shift the impending from the eloquent lies?

divination by corrasion /
    auric madness; foggy haze /
        beset the seeds [prosperity and sorrow] /
            sit in your scheduled, fated days /

oh my goodness. i am at a loss for words, which doesn't happen a whole lot!! 200 followers! i have so many of you to thank, so much gratitude to give, and yet i suck at articulate thank-yous, so bear with me.

i joined wtw in march because i missed the deadline to an essay contest. i wrote fiction. period. poetry wasn't a thing i did. now, i consider myself a poet and it's all thanks to you! you all mean so much to me. you've supported me through thick and thin; you've helped me grow and lifted me up. 200 means a lot to me! it's a symbol of how far i've come. but it's not about the followers. it's the idea that there are actual people on the other side of the screen, reading my work when they could be petting their cat or eating tacos. the fact that my work takes priority over tacos (not on all occasions, of course) is kinda amazing!

and the fact that you all read my work, give me feedback, follow me to show support, it's all so amazing! ajkdjfalksdjfklasdf i'm just *dances around the room with joy* right now! 

honestly, i can't imagine my writing journey without the wtw community. it would probably be really sad. with lots of crumpled pieces of paper and sympathetic glances from my dog. but, you talented, amazing (sheesh i'm running out of adjectives) people make writing worth struggling at! it isn't always easy, but the satisfaction of a piece that i know will be read and, dare i say enjoyed, makes it all worth it.

i am by no means a prominent member of this community or a household name, but with all of you supporting me, i feel like the luckiest mochi waffle in the world!! thank you all! xoxoxoxoxo 

i'm going to be posting a longer piece on "the other place" (thanks sunny!), but i have to give a few quick shout-outs! thank you to my fellow kindness krusader, anne blackwood! you were my first friend on this site and you and your writing are so amazing; i have no words!! let's get them mochi waffles, shall we? thank you to sunny.v, chrysanthemums&ink, elliem, outoftheblue, VinterVejen, and Samina for being such kind, supportive people through thick and thin! also, big thanks to my "mentors," jun lei, efflorescence, poetri, Dmoral, and purplepanache. y'all are queens and i honestly don't know where my writing would be without you! 

i'm so sorry that i couldn't shout out everyone, but i am grateful to the ends of the earth for all of you and your talent and your support! go and have a great day, yeah? 

*hugs hugs hugs*

~ mia_:)

• August 27, 2020 - 11:40am (Now Viewing)

i am so late to this wonderful party, but congrats of u lations! you deserve each and every one of us! this poem is also so striking and powerful and i am literally in awe of you lol! <3<3<3

• poetri

AW B I'M SO PROUD

• Landofstories

congratulations!!! (i'm so late, i'm so sorry)!!! also i just read this poem and i'm in awe; my mouth is actually open right now, i feel so terrible about myself right now lol. but how??? i would be honored honestly to get advice about how you got so good? like what's your process, how do you spew such beauty???? gahhhh, wow! this is a piece of art!!

• wintermagic (#holidayvibes)

Sounds great, I'll let you know when the web site is ready

• wintermagic (#holidayvibes)

Replying: Your welcome. And the untitled bookstore is an online bookstore that sells books. The unique thing is that it has a section dedicated to writing by under eight-teens. I am building a website for it and will keep you posted if you want.

• wintermagic (#holidayvibes)

Wow, so amazing. You should publish someday. Speaking of which, coming soon, the untitled bookstore, so if you want to put any of your work up there, notify me

your work is amazing mia!! I'm surprised you havent gotten 200 before this XD I love reading your poetry...you kinda inspired me (along with so may other talented writers) to try my hand at poetry too. your are a talented writer! never stop!

frick i'm late ok firstly these pieces like the actual pieces are so beautiful. cross posted but i'm not in the right mind to give smth actually good so like this is just... so beautiful. you referenced a lot of other writers too, right? "sit in your scheduled, fated days /" adore that last line. and there's a subtle rhyming scheme, right? ack i love that and i could never. seriously beautiful.

200, huh? it seems you were one of my oldest supporters too, so i must thank you. back when i first joined, you had already made quite the name for yourself by being kind and being amazingly good at writing. so idk abt nowadays (i don't think any of us do), but you're definitely a prominent figure of this community. so sorry that i haven't been able to properly greet you on your pieces, my fault. you totally and completely deserve that 200, and i'm wishing you 100 more! <333

• ek503

congratulations mia!! you truly deserve every follower and the more to come <3

• erin!

replying: hi mia! congrats on 200 <3. i've been thinking more and more about joining prose, and i most likely will sometime soon. i will see you there :)

congratulationsssssss!!!<3333 you so deserve it,your work is truly beautiful.you have so much talent.and of course you're a prominent community member!!!*gasps*you deserve everything you have achieved here.keep doing you darling!<3

aww congrats mia!! As I've said before you're a whole blessing to this community and I'm so glad to have found a friend in you here as well :) <3 here's to many more!

Replying: That's so cool! It probs wasn't 100% accurate bc ur not 100% extroverted. I'm an XXFJ, which means for the first two I'm almost exactly split.

• Dmoral

awwww, thanks love. "mentor"ing and "adopting" you was just the best! i know i've said this a million times, but you truly have grown as a writer and i remember your work from day one and compared to the art your producing now...*jaw drop*. you deserve 200 & here's to 200 more love !

Wow, first of all, this piece blew me away. It was so powerful. I'm honestly floored.
    Secondly, ahhh nice job! 200... wow, that's a big number! You deserve each and every follower and like you get. Amazing writing! I literally took a double take when I realized I wasn't following you—I thought your writing was so good that I figured of course I was following you. Well, I am now, and I am so excited to read more of your work! <3 all my love and mochi waffles!

1. This piece is just astonishing in its beauty.
    2. Congratulations!!! Omigosh you are so amazing (and absolutely a prominent community member).
    3. Thanks for the shoutout! As the blueberry cotton candy to your mochi waffle, this Krusader is a supporter till the end!
    *hugs and confetti*

and what theee you are ofc a household name and a prominent part of the community <3 the newer generation may be detaching from our old home but nothing’s gonna change that luv

• Century Friend

This poem is gorgeous! I love how you wove in the quotes from Yeats and Tennyson, and I also love the opening lines — "you’ve got gingham dreams gilded into deep-set ribcages /
    bone of strength, marrow of sapience /"

Also, CONGRATS ON 200!!! You're an incredible writer and poet and you deserve it for sure :)

CONGRATS!! I'm soooooooooo proud to be one of those 200 <3 happy writing! :D

girl everybody be hyping this piece up rn or we’re gonna have some problems. clink clink to our champagne glasses

• Samina

*hugs back* CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You more than deserve it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I am so happy for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *hugs*

• Jasmine khawar

Congratulations <3 <3
    you really deserve it! :)
    *throws a lot of confettis*

• mia_:)

oh, also, about the piece, rhapsodomancy is the fortune telling using poetry, which i found super interesting! i wove in william butler yeats, who said "tread softly, for you tread on my dreams," and alfred lord tennyson, who said "tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all." i haven't written a poem with any sort of rhyme scheme in like . . . half of forever? so, this is rusty, but i was kinda chanting it in my head lol and it was fun!