sunny.v

she/her | asian
wtw community’s official older sister
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
satire sorceress, lady knight

she clasps peonies, allure, & love

subtle rhyme schemes hrnghhhhh also as usual, come say hello to me if you haven't!

serpentine queen, don’t succumb to slumber

24

one day you’ll press press press to staunch the flow but
baby, some things are meant to bleed and
bleed? what does Eden have on me? there isn’t even
a competition to be seen, not a
piece of silver on your clavicle to let me free.
see my cranium, dislodged, overloaded:
a heartbeat, tight chest, no rest (not for the wicked!)
pressed the holster of a handgun to my temple and
temple? that’s what your body is, sweetie!
don’t stop to breathe, stop to breathe, stop the
bleed.

seems everyday that actually, the holy is me and the wicked just
won’t / let / me / be!
but i suppose there’s comfort in relativity, so
without a summer day, how shall i compare thee?

and finale, sweetheart!:
if you slashed open my sternum to ’splay on the sidewalk,
the crimson splatter would spell out: “here lies the serpentine queen;
all that she is,
and all that she could hope to be.”

(and i hope i hustle down under, six feet—
maybe then, purgatory would leave me to peace.)
-cross-posted! word vomit for sure. my brain is a primordial soup and this piece is the unfortunate nucleic acids formed from inhospitable environments and anaerobic prokaryotes, which basically means: it's a mess. and yes, there's a shakespeare allusion there because i do what i want!
-my trifling oreo truffles, sophomore year has started for me. so...catch me more active on The Flip Side, if you know where that is. don't act up much, yeah? wtw's official older sis is still here. later, loves! ♡ԅ (˘▽˘)>

• August 27, 2020 - 2:52pm (Now Viewing)

Replying: well, you were definitely in mind when I wrote the poem, so I'd say you have a reason to feel connected to it ;) and crazy coincidence about the nickname! So cool. Dont feel bad about talking about yourself; I love to hear stories and random details! Goodness knows I talk about myself enough! XD anyways, hope you're having a good day!

Replying: That's really interesting! Sorry if I came across as nosy or like I'm just trying to psychoanalyze you or something.

• waxingcrescents

Reply: that's so cool! That honestly sounds really fascinating.
    Also, thank you so much for your comment kholjdbnvoildhjoi i started blushing so hard when I saw it! <3

Oh my gosh I just read that you have synesthesia!! I've been fascinated with it ever since I read the book A Mango Shaped Space. Would you be willing to tell me about what kind you have? I'd love to learn more.

• dovetrees

'but i suppose there’s comfort in relativity, so
    without a summer day, how shall i compare thee?' LOVED this!! this is such an amazing piece, and such a pleasure to read, also! everything you write is so enjoyable to read, tbh <3
    reply: ahh thank you so much :,)

• waxingcrescents

Reply: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR YOUR COMMENT ASHNC I'M SUCH A FAN AND IT MADE MY DAY :')

Also, thank you kindly for the Gordon Ramsey reference. Finally, some good _____ food. I can say the exact same to you! Also, you have synesthesia?? That's so cool!! I've never met anyone with synesthesia before.

• waxingcrescents

"the crimson splatter would spell out: “here lies the serpentine queen;
    all that she is,
    and all that she could hope to be.”" My goodness, you're an incredible writer. Brain soup? More like brain five-course gourmet feast! (If that makes sense.) This almost feels...Alice-in-Wonderland-y? Like, this was the beautiful poetic spewing of the Mad Hatter as he rolls his tea inside his teacup, whispering to everyone and no one in particular, despite being alone in his house. Could you maybe be the brilliant Mad Hatter of WtW? I love your Shakespearean reference, too! Lovely as always. You are such a writing inspiration.

Replying: oh, thank you for the kind comments! Okay confession: my poem was loosely based on a drawing that was loosely based on your old profile picture XD I always loved it.
    Im really glad you liked it!

• beth r.

this is great!
    replying: hey sunny, thanks for reaching out. i tried making the topic of the Holocaust something people today can relate too/understand with a 2020 brain. The "jokes" weren't meant to make light of it, i would never. in fact, i was trying to raise awareness.
    Thanks for bringing to my attention that it may have come off as insensitive. I'm truly sorry, and i'll be better next time.

• And_The_Stars_Laughed

Wow, the diction in this piece is just mesmerizing and the subtle rhymes work wonderfully. Beautiful piece! :)

• A Rose

holy heck this is great! and here's to my fellow sophmores! but anyway, replying: it's so cool you're teaching yourself uke! lmk if you need help with any resources or whatever

• birthdaycandles

Re: awh thank you sunny *blush* hahahahaha and ikr vera is such an underrated name!

Replying: Thank you <3

• EliathRose

“ seems everyday that actually, the holy is me and the wicked just
    won’t / let / me / be!
    without a summer day, how shall i compare thee?”
    Ugh, so pretty! I absolutely love this poem.

Replying: Yes, please continue scoffing at non-mask-wearing people. It’s music to my ears.

Also, I really like your pfp!

I've missed hearing from you lately! Best of luck with school, dear! <3
    Also, this poem blew me away. No joke. Somehow, this hit me hard. I can see this play out... the rhyme scheme was subtle and so perfect. One of my favorite pieces of yours, for sure!
    <3 all my love!!

replying: hdslshblsh just ignore it ugh, i took the looking for controversial things a tad too seriously :/

hello

random thing--nice new profile pic!!
    "piece of silver on your clavicle to let me free." so good <3

• Century Friend

Insanely good. The tone feels dauntless but also vulnerable, if that makes sense at all.

Wait you're younger than me??? I'm completely baffled. Then again, I'm the one who's having a mid-teen crisis about being a junior and almost 16. *shrugs*