rainydayz

16
sagittarius
i just like writing :0
joined: 5/15/20

please share your ideas on how i could improve the overall flow of this piece if that makes any sense lol.

to know you’re leaving before you’re gone

you know what my heart is like, 
since i learned your impending fate.
it’s like an amusement park ride,
with every inch of altitude my heart rages hastier and hastier with grief. 
like butterflies yet they're vile moths hollowing out my insides 
its like my heart is stuck at the top of the hill dreading the plummet, 
that looks a million miles long.

i don’t normally get very personal on here unless it’s super vague but i felt like this was the perfect prompt for what i’m going through at the moment. it’s about knowing that someone you love only has a short period of time left. if you are going through something similar just know that you are not alone and your feelings are valid. i’d love to hear anyone’s ideas on how i can improve this piece. 

• August 23, 2020 - 1:21pm (Now Viewing)

• Westley

This is can be felt by so many people. I haven't inched grieved the loss of a departed, but I was once grivening in advance for someone I loved. Not that they were ill, but because they would be leaving me.

• Sanjana Sunilkumar

Replying : Thank you :)

• RemovedUser1

Replying: I think everyone has had that “thing” that they regret not doing. But, that’s the thing about this world, you can still pursue them! Also, no problem. I have a grandpa called “Stung,” (weird name, I know. I used to call him “Dung” when I was little XD) who has had major strokes and he’s... he’s not the same Stung. Although I can’t say that I’ve gone through this experience, I know what it looks like to know someone is going to die soon. Not to denote your pain. I still feel sorry about your situation.

• Huba Huba

Hey rainydayz! Thanks for your like and comment on my piece, and for the follow! This piece is short and interesting!

• RemovedUser1

This is a great poem! And, I’m sorry about your loved one who this is about.