dovetrees

"ad astra per aspera."
16
baking, swimming, & doctor who and history enthusiast
infj, hufflepuff, est. july 2020

"one day, you will be old enough to start reading fairytales again."
weekly must-reads! (every sunday):

i have rocks in my heart, now. eroding away every second of every day.

13

the wind screamed and the clouds cried when i lost you.
the flowers wilted and the trees became tired, their trunks bending with the gales.
disturbing dreams of days gone by, desolate and deserted and empty.

wet asphalt reflected the orange streetlight's glow, the sound of footsteps dulled by the water. 
water that spills down my back, into my boots, down my sleeves. welcomed like an old friend,
my eyelashes are heavy, spilling it down my cheeks like lost tears. because i couldn't cry. 
instead, i let my boots become ponds as the water falls over the edge. 
my heart doesn't fly anymore. i have rocks-- huge boulders-- weighing it down
like an anchor, they rub against each other and crumble all the time, and it hurts
the moon hides itself away and the stars refuse to tell their stories tonight. 
nothing felt the same when i lost you.
hello! this is not what i'd usually write but hey, i had an idea! i wanted to make it longer, but didn't want to ruin anything so ta-da! i start school next week and i am NERVOUS but it'll be okay i think, fingers crossed :D

1

• Rohan’s Defender

Re: :)

• Rohan’s Defender

Wow! *clapping violently* THIS IS AMAZING! I hope you have a good start of school too!

• Ella R. Baker

This is AWESOME!!! The imagery and descriptions and everything. Also, best of luck on your first day of school. :)

replying: aww wordsmith? you're too kind, thanks sm again!!

I know I already commented AND reviewed but I keep coming back to this piece. There is something so familiar and heartbreaking and I love getting lost in these words. I must have read this at least four times now. Just so amazing!

• waxingcrescents

Reply: You are too kind! No, thank you. You definitely know how to make me smile!

replying: oml GIRLLL you can be the protagonist who moves to a new town in a coming of age movie ahhhhhhH

replying: hmm yeah same, it seems pretty risky. also ahhh nz is the dream. no people just sheep ;)

• waxingcrescents

"the moon hides itself away and the stars refuse to tell their stories tonight." This. This is so gorgeous. Your use of personification really brings personality to the stars and moon. I want to know more! Additionally, I love your use of colours! The muted tones really make the orange streetlight pop, and I can fully imagine these images. So, so creative and lovely.

And also, thank you for your sweet comment! You made my day. You have always been so nice to me, and I only hope I can be at least half as nice in return.<3

I just wrote a review--but I need to share my favorite lines because this poem blew me away! "my eyelashes are heavy, spilling it down my cheeks like lost tears. because i couldn't cry" This is so powerful! And so familiar.
    "the moon hides itself away and the stars refuse to tell their stories tonight" Wow, this is stunning! I love how you show that nature itself reacts to the loss of this person. So amazing!
    As for school, I believe in you! You'll do great!! <3 Happy writing!

"instead, i let my boots become ponds as the water falls over the edge." lovely, lovely piece! as i've been saying lately: finally, some good food around here. good luck with school next week, you'll do wonderful!

• inanutshell

ahh the descriptions in this are amazing! "wet asphalt reflected the orange streetlight's glow, the sound of footsteps dulled by the water.
    my eyelashes are heavy, spilling it down my cheeks like lost tears."
    the ending is so impactful, and i agree w/ Lata.B, love the title as well!

"like an anchor, they rub against each other and crumble all the time, and it hurts.
    nothing felt the same when i lost you." Ahhh i absolutely adore nature imagery, especially when it's interwoven with more introspective phrases, and this is so emotional and heartfelt!
    (also just curious- will you be going online? Regardless, good luck for next week! I hope you'll still be able to be active :)

Your title tho...SO CLEVER!
    awww this is so sad but so pretty at the same time.