Ibex

as in Presbyterian Church in America
Female
Writer
Novelist
Poet!
Reader
Ambivert or something
Self-proclaimed band nerd
Planet Earth nerd
etc, etc
Joined September 10, 2019

Sometimes I tell stories. Most of the time I rattle my soul until I break and my heart spills out onto the page.

"I cannot jump the distance. You'll have to toss me!"--Gimli, LOTR

I am a complete and utter nerd. I got the Ring of Power for my birthday.

Book recommendations:
The Oath--Frank E. Peretti
Lord of the Rings--J.R.R. Tolkien

Nothing wrong with being wary.

Writing Streak Week 6! Challenge completed

Day 1
My prayers are my incense, offered on sleepless nights and hazy mornings and passed through the hands of my Redeemer, who lives, intercedes, and pleads for me. I have no respect for myself: only for my Savior.

Day 2
Thousands of my words settle themselves into well-organized patterns, to tell your story and mine. The hyenas scatter at his footsteps. Without you, all is lost, and I have nothing, as Laodicea did. But with you, I have everything.

Day 3
I dance through seas of misery tonight, but there is one upon whom I lay my hope. There is no tale I would rather tell, no song I would rather sing. This is my King; I am the criminal brought back and redeemed. In another day, I'll meet my Savior, and I will forget all but him.

Day 4
I dream of the end, or perhaps the beginning, when all fades and I find myself in eternity, when this broken world shatters to reveal forever. This is my hope: that one day I will stand before him who has ransomed me and will never be torn away.

Day 5
ultimately i find worth in the place where his heart meets mine, where i am not my own anymore but his; he has claimed me, sealed me, redeemed me. this life is empty until he fills it, and he has filled me to the brim.

• August 21, 2020 - 2:12pm (Now Viewing)