Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
semi active; chaotic life.
published writer + classics enthusiast.
obsessed with name titled poetry & songs.

i'm known for my long freakin' comments and highlight crazy reviews, but like seriously? life's been to crazy y'all, so bear with me, please.

___
p.s
if i call you "love" or "lovely" that's just how i talk, so don't freak out lol

i refuse love you, as i did back then. // you've always been enough.

16

she was nothing but mixed up feelings and broken forevers.
let me go, let me go, let me go please; 'cause pretending with you
is hurting me, i need reality more than i'd wish it upon me, but
at last this life i'm living is more real than the future we're
planning. and they asked me, how long does it take to fall in love?
but how do they expect me to answer that: with "who the hell know"s
and "it might be never"s? since i may not take to religion so i'll
promise and pray on the life of my daughter, i loved you once but
he never left me in search of a better destiny; good intentions or
leadings, i can't quite forgive the man who painted me a pretty fantasy
just to leave and expect me waiting for your return (in which i
dreamt about but never expected, truly
).
her ending was loving him, but it not being enough in the end.

he was hopeful in their eternity of divinity.
fate told me we'd meet again; but failed to mention that you'd be with
another; tell me, seeing me broke you too (as it did me with you?). and
i use to picture the moon as a heart when thinking about you, since every
night i remembered all those stars we wished up in the summer i met you.
so please, take my hand and kiss me like back then, confess your
love and dump him, because i can't live without you.
his ending was her doing and she knew that from the beginning.
lowercase intentional.
Finished: 8/23/2020

so i just finished reading The Great Gatsby and it was crazy. all the characters had such vibrant, distinct personalities and you couldn't quite love them exactly, but some of them you almost refuse to hate, cause you know they're only human. so yeah. and tbh, i think the old Daisy was worth it but the new Daisy that Gatsby got the second time around (when she was married to Tom) is definitely not worth it, Gatsby could've done so much better, bless his heart. also, i definitely think Nick's gay and Jordan is just clingy and wants a man, so she settled for Nick at the time because he was convenient more than anything.

anyway, sorry but after reading each classic it's like something sparks and i come out with some poetry loosely based on what i just read and then find some need to give my opinions on the book in the footnotes. you call it a writer's book review if you will, lol. 

here's some other classics i read & poetry loosely based on them~
Wuthering Heights: toxic relationships are all we know: mutualism
The Metamorphosismetamorphosis
Turtles All the Way Down (okay not a classic, but whatever): hand sanitizer // OCD // never ending

1

• elliem

I love this so much! Especially the lines "at last this life i'm living is more real than the future we're
    planning. and they asked me, how long does it take to fall in love?"

I've been planning to read The Great Gatsby for a long time because it just sounds so beautiful. This is definitely a poem to swoon over. I love it! <3

Replying: Eek ^u^ *blushes myself off the mortal coil*

• waxingcrescents

Reply: thank you so much!! Your comment made me so happy. Also, reading back over this piece and I love it so much (again)!!

• daylightprisms

"i use to picture the moon as a heart when thinking about you, since every
    love and dump him, because i can't live without you." this is such a powerful poem, and it so effectively puts across the message of leaving behind the ones you love!

• ek503

oh this is absolutely stunning!!
    "she was nothing but mixed up feelings and broken forevers. / let me go, let me go, let me go please; 'cause pretending with you / is hurting me, i need reality more than i'd wish it upon me" just has so many emotions and such a good rhythm and gahh it's beautiful.
    "i use to picture the moon as a heart when thinking about you, since every / night i remembered all those stars we wished up in the summer i met you." the imagery here is gorgeous and I love how they go with the two lines right before.
    all of your classics-inspired poetry is beautiful <3 and I'm finally catching up on your work, I swear.

Gosh, I love this so much! Wow. Amazing writing, as always! <3

asdjhl i had to do about a MILLION wiki deep dives into fully understanding the great gatsby's ending but i love how your pieces are so often inspired by classics!
    (just curious now- have you read the picture of dorian gray?)

me: im pretty behind on dmoral's work so i'll read it all and comment less bc it might affect the quality of the comments i'm giving
    your beautiful writing: unacceptable.
    "but / at last this life i'm living is more real than the future we're / planning." ahhhhh this line coupled with the line before that about needing reality more than you'd wish for it is just a frickin gorgeously clever line. never read The Great Gatsby (but i probably should yknow) but this piece makes it seem amazing and the footnotes make it sound like an absolute ride. i have no idea abt that, but the theme of leaving and just that betrayed feeling.... i don't think i can describe it properly rn but this is all about a significant other whose other has left them? just the emotions are so poignant and "fate told me we'd meet again; but failed to mention that you'd be with / another" god, this warrants a good reread because i have so much to say about this but not enough words to say it.

Replying: Thanks bud! And don't worry about it. I'm sure school and work is rough (you have a job right).

oh wow that comment was incoherent but im gonna implode soon so sue me

the GATSBY piece? thanks for the MEAL, goddess

• waxingcrescents

night i remembered all those stars we wished up in the summer i met you."

Oh gosh, so beautiful. The tone is just so lovely, and the last line is such a perfect punchy line to end this piece with. I love your writing style so much!