sunny.v

she/her | asian
wtw community’s official older sister
running off into the sunset with circe
est. april 27, 2020

swordwielding protector of all minority groups
satire sorceress, lady knight

she clasps peonies, allure, & love

**guys the english is the translation of the spanish lol not a separate poem
how's my spanish? also, hi! i've said this before, but come say hello to me if you haven't. i've been told i'm very approachable on here and known for being chill, so! approach me with minimum caution, i only bite sometimes. kinda notorious for it.

(but do look through my bio/message to followers if you get the chance!)

ave en el cielo

20

tengo celos de las aves en el cielo arriba:
no saben las cosas que hago.

porque solía volar antes de conocerte,
y solía cantar solo para mí,

pero, ahora, mi cielito, mi corazón canta tu nombre
y ya no puedo volar.

ya no puedo luchar contra este sentimiento:
porque estoy realmente cayendo para ti.

///

i’m jealous of the birds in the sky above:
they don’t know the things that i do.

because i used to fly before i met you,
and i used to sing for myself alone,

but, now, my sweetheart*, my heart sings your name
and i cannot fly anymore.

i cannot fight this feeling any longer:
because i’m really falling for you.

*(cielito literally means “little sky”, and is used as a term of endearment!)

-i'm not a native spanish speaker, so if anyone wants to correct me, please feel free! i'm taking spanish, and the city that i live in is largely hispanic/latinx, so the language is definitely used a lot around me. it's gorgeous, so i tried my hand writing in it.
-you're correct, my little custard pies, now sunny can be awful in two languages. three if we're reaching a bit. catch y'all lovebugs later! ( ´ ∀ `)ノ~ ♡

• August 22, 2020 - 10:22am (Now Viewing)

• waxingcrescents

Reply: yes! I love Maleficent and it's so much more interesting to see the "villain's" pov than the hero's pov.

• elliem

Sunny!!! I love this! (And I love the Spanish lol.) It's so romantic and beautiful and just reminds me of a cute little couple who writes each other love poems.

• birthdaycandles

*sees new piece from sunny*
    "ooh yayaya"
    *clicks in*
    *wishes she spoke Spanish*
    *scrolls down and sees English translation*
    yayyyy

awh what a romantic poem! i love the imagery with the birds, it's interesting! it comes across to me that the speaker is saying that love for this other person has changed their life, clipped their wings, changed their birdsong, but when I read the last line it seemed like they were ok with that. I really like this, great writing!

• EliathRose

Alas, I can also not understand the Spanish part, or I would give you feedback on it. The only other language I know is American Sign Language, and it’s not as if you can write in that. The English part, however, was very beautiful and endearing. I so hope you can get some feedback on the Spanish part, though!

• rainydayz

same as the other comments i can’t speak for the spanish parts but i loved the english. the line, “i’m jealous of the birds in the sky above: they don’t know the things that i do” reminded me of how i felt when the virus really started to spread rapidly and the world shut down. i remember it was a beautiful day out and i thought it was a bittersweet kind of thing. how nature could go on as usual as our world changed completely. also just wanted to say love you work so much and from your writing and your comments i can tell you are an amazing person but i was always to scared to reach out. :)

ahh- same as chrys and inanutshell, i didn't understand the spanish parts- but to be able to write pretty poetry in TWO languages is amazing! honestly, i've always wanted to read/ write hindi or urdu poetry, because i've seen too much beautiful poetry in those languages!

oooooh. honestly, writing poetry in another language that isn't a native one is just... really fricking cool. i had to get at least mildly proficient to even write a little poetry in english, and to see someone write poetry in a language that they've learned in school is just so amazing. kudos to you! might not be able to actually read or understand the spanish, but the translated poem on the bottom seems wonderful. it's beautifully simplistic, and i'm sure a lot of subtle things are lost in translation. lovely! and Y'ALL LMAO.

• inanutshell

cant speak for the spanish parts but i will say that being able to write poetry in two different languages will always be impressive to me. shows the love the writer has for language in general and this feels like exactly that!