Bertrand

Rwanda

He/Him ~ 19
Nature, Music, We/Us - In this Together

July 2020 - June 2021

After all is done!

I know what my heart is like
after all is done:
 It's like the gleaming sky,
where overwhelm subsides and relief spreads;
 the smiles flash my lips,
like birds capering all the way home,
 Ooh! It's like eternity Joy. 

Thanks to Edna St.Vincent Millay from whom I borrow the first line, "I know what my heart is like" in her poem, "Ebb".
Hi to all! I've written this in regard to the feeling I get after accomplishing my tasks, Hope you like it. 
    Also recommend me a poetry book(Joyous) that I can read if you've got one in mind!

1

• Bhavya's Treasure

Also, do ypu think you can review my piece for Speech Writing Competition?
    Don't take it as a compulsion. Do that only if you feel like. :) Thank You!

• Bhavya's Treasure

I'm sorry I'm late but CONGRATULATIONS!
    That's exactly how I feel after completing something!
    You're too good at poems man! :D

• Rohan’s Defender (Semi-Active)

Congratulations!!!! You deserve it!

• LostRaven

Congrats on the feature, Bertrand! Currently taking a break from school assignments, and this just gave me the motivation to complete them, haha! Great work!! :>

• birthdaycandles

Oh congratulations on the feature! The final line left me feeling uplifted and happy when the poem was concluded. You also read it so well in the recording! Inspiring writing Bertrand, nice work :)

Beautiful!

• Jasmin khawar

Congratulations!!! <3
    This piece really deserve it!

• RemovedUser1

Yay!! Congratulations! My jaw literally dropped when I saw the announcement! You deserve it!

Congrats on being featured in Wednesday Words! This piece is so cool, and I really enjoyed hearing you read it.

• Landofstories

replying: ofc! And thank you for replying to me. that's so true, that's part of the reason I love writing!

• Landofstories

replying: I don't know you, but I'm proud of you! I'm so happy that not only did you like my piece but it inspired you! I was just coming from a place of passion so I had to write it, and I'm really glad you liked those lines! Thank you so so much, this made my day! Also your from Rwanda? That's pretty cool, I've always wanted to visit!

• Rachaelgrace

I love your style!!

• RemovedUser1

Replying: I will :). Also, you live in Rwanda? That is so cool! I've been to Kigali once, but only at the airport.

• Jasmin khawar

Wow!! That's really beautiful and positive.
    And also thanks for the comment :)

• RemovedUser1

Wow, this is amazing! I love this line, "where overwhelm subsides and relief spreads." Accomplishing something is exactly like that.
    Replying: Well, thank you! Yes, siblings can always be tough to handle, XD. Yesterday my sister chewed on one of my new coloring pencils and left little marks. But, she's so sweet that I let it slide :). She was coloring a picture to hide under my pillow :).