Dmoral

est. 2018
she/her | junior
semi active; chaotic life.
published writer + classics enthusiast.

I'm Chrisitan & straight, but I support the LGBTQA+ community more than I support most straight people. They have found themselves more than you haters ever will. And since WHEN was it a sin to love? Besides, I know more gay marriages with better success that these straight messes that lead to divorce. So yeah, come at the community, one more time, because as much as people call me "Queen" on this site and "the nicest person" I have the sharpest claws you've ever seen. @you-know-who-u-are

what if god was gay?

23

we adore divinity, wanting immortals to have
gorgeous love stories, so then our desires can be
crafted by a godly fantasy; yes, this is what we
base our love off of. but, all they're given is our
collection of whispers we claim as truth; since,
no one wants to get married just for the hell of it
anymore, there's not enough whims or leaps taken-
it's all just become one big life plan or a disaster
grown from a fatefully cruel tragedy (without
redemption or forgiveness at hand
). so if god is truly
a they/them (since god could be so much more than the
labels being forced upon'em
), perhaps then we could
learn to embrace all our own queer beauties. 'cause
far too many souls are facing misery in searching for
love and truth and freedom (all from one being); only,
to find their conventions unappealing to another
(who's life they aren't even living). so fold your hands and
bow your head, prepare to give any being of your choosing
some respect (she chose her brother; they chose a kind stranger;
he chose a diety from his Islam believings),
and then
utter the name of those you remember and associate with
some kind of life, appreciate them and know they're doing the
best they know how to do (even if they hurt you, know that
fate will handle them in the best way
needed - not wanted).
lowercase intentional.
Finished: 8/20/2020

okay so please don't get all religiously controversial on me please, this is poetry, calm down. personally, i'm like in an awkward phrase with my Christianity, 'cause like i believe in god (i was raised on church sundays and prayers before dinner), but like, what if he's more than what we say he is? some people say "god's a woman" while others are like "he's our father aka a man", but what if he's so much bigger than that? (but hey, i'm an angsty teenager what do i now *gah*) and like, i'm accepting of everyone except like haters (yk?). also, when my friend told me about her girlfriend i was the only one to say "omg send me a photo of her!! is she cute?" instead of asking (as everyone else did), "you're gay?" like, if she's in love with a person, why do you need some labels & "technicalities"? anyway, i love all you guys <3 xoxo

also, wrote this on a whim, a few one-liners from my notes app and scribbled words in my writing journal (if only you guys read half of what's in there........omg), hope it's good! and remind me not to procrastinate on summer HW again *long blink*, cause slamming a 250+ page book (that i have to highlight passages & take notes on every chapter) with lots of words on big pages in four days it NOT, i repeat, NOT ideal. never again *shivers* (this also explains the slight inactivity)

btw, sorry for long footnotes, i don't really know what comes over me sometimes. *shrugs*

feedback very much appreciated! tell me your favorite lines! i'd prefer no reviews on this piece, please! and also, please avoid putting replies on this piece unless it's a reply related to this content/piece (hopefully that makes sense, lol)!

• August 21, 2020 - 10:31pm (Now Viewing)

• JustAnotherDarling

this was so....can I call a poem pretty? is that allowed? because if so, that's what I saw as I read this. my favorite line(s) were probably, "and then
    best they know how to do," because those words apply not just to the LGBTQ+ community, but to everyone. it serves as a nice reminder not to judge Anyone for Anything because, as you say, "we're doing the best we can" (if that's not enough, I fear to imagine what is asked of my existence)
    also, sorry this is getting long, but I love all your footnotes and pieces and well...i - I JUST REALLY LOVE ALL YOUR WRITING! :)

• EliathRose

I love this. I really love this. My Bible study group at my church talks about things like this quite a bit — what if God isn’t exactly as everyone pictures Him? I personally think
    that He is somehow a little bit of everything. He’s not really something that the human brain is meant to comprehend, as much as we try. This piece does such a cool job of vocalizing all of those things. Great work!

"only, /to find their conventions unappealing to another /(who's life they aren't even living). so fold your hands and /bow your head, prepare to give any being of your choosing /some respect" geez, this just??? resonated??? the whole thing just feels too much for me to go into without crying a little but this piece feels like a little room that you created for us to just sit in and talk casual existential thoughts. seamless and stellar as always

• Eblinn

i loved reading this, it's just-
    "and then
    best they know how to do"
    - so true and beautifully written.
    about what you said in the footnotes, i can definitely agree on god being 'more'. they are not human, you know, so they can be anything and everything at the same time (if that makes sense). <3

Okay, when I saw the title I was a little unsure about this, but I actually really liked how you crafted this idea. I can relate to struggling with identity and faith—as a Christian and a lesbian, it can sometimes feel like I'm being pulled in two different directions. I'm sorry if it is controversial, but I strongly believe that God loves me—not "even though" im gay but just because that is a part of me like all the rest of my personality. Do you know what I mean? I'm sorry I'm probably not making any sense :)
    Really nice piece <3

holyy- i truly am unqualified to compliment because dang it dmoral why you gotta be THIS talented like girlll i'd pay good money to read your notes app one-liners ;)
    (also a pretty crude 'what if jesus was gay' joke popped up in my mind reading this title, so- yeah)

• sycheng710

woah. this was such an insightful and interesting piece, and the title made me click so fast. there were SO many phrases and sentences that i would love to plagiarize (jk), but here are a few of them: "so then our desires can be crafted by a godly fantasy," "collection of whispers," "a fatefully cruel tragedy (without redemption or forgiveness at hand)," " so if god is truly a they/them (since god could be so much more than the labels being forced upon'em), perhaps then we could learn to embrace all our own queer beauties," "fate will handle them in the best way needed - not wanted)," etc.

• Huba Huba

That title definitely made me click fast.