barelybear

she/her, INFJ-A
musicals
fantasy/dystopian fiction
piano
life goal = becoming fluent in le français
☕️
est August 2020
community ambassador alum :D
They tell me I’m 16 but I’m sceptical
the squirrel is back!!

It’s is this so cringey that you want to remove your eyeballs? (Please don’t) If this extreme rection is provoked, definitely tell me, and if it isn’t, then I won’t be offended so feedback is welcome :)

The Murder transcript: Confession of Stacey Murphy?

7
Transcript Monday March 12th 6.17pm :

Cooper     Okay Stacey, we know this must be a hard time for you, but if you could just tell us what happened that night. 

Murphy     First thing you should know: I didn’t really mean to do it. You have to understand that now, at the beginning. In a way, he kinda did it - yes, that’s what happened. He made me do it. 

The second thing: I’m an ordinary girl. Well, not that ordinary, given that I’m head cheerleader, part-time model and would-be Prom Queen if Brent hadn’t... You know... Yeah. Don’t get me wrong, I’m distraught, completely. We would have looked so gorgeous together, don’t you think? 

Cooper     Ermm... I’m sure you would have, sweetie? But I’m here to find out what you know about his death. 

Murphy     Okay see already here we’re off on the wrong foot. Don’t you understand? Brent and I were the best couple in the school. Nobody looked like us, nobody dressed like us, and nobody could touch us. The ultimate cliché, I know, but doesn’t it seem romantic to you, floating above everyone else, just you and your soulmate? (at this point Murphy broke down laughing at the newfound irony of the term ‘Soulmate’.)

Murphy (continued)   We had everything.

We’d been going strong for one year, 4 months and nine days when I first noticed the change. He stopped shaving so neatly. He began to wear yellow. With orange. While before he would always drape his arm around my shoulders or hold my hand, now he just slugged behind me. One day he even put gel in his hair. Gel!

I’d had enough of this nonsense. If he wasn’t careful, the natural order, our school’s Great Chain of Being, would be disrupted. People would start thinking they could be level with us, greater than us even. Jenny might think she could be head cheerleader (she can’t even do a high kick into back tuck properly, so I wasn’t massively worried). I shudder to think even now what chaos could have ensued if we had allowed it to continue.

It couldn’t happen, and he knew it. 

So, as any responsible girlfriend would, I sat him down one day (on a Fendi Casa sofa - I’m not a monster) and I spilled all my feelings, how much he was risking for the both of us, what this could do to me. I talked and talked, but was utterly silent. He just sat there, didn’t say a word. There I was, crying my eyes out all down my new Gucci jumper over some brainless potato. I tried talking more gently, but when nothing could penetrate his thick skull, I began shouting and screaming at him and still he just sat there and took it. What kind of boyfriend even was he anyway?

Everything froze inside of me, except for the angry drum beat of my heart - my heart that he had made warm, the heart that he melted every time he smiled, the heart that he was now all too willing to smash up into ugly shards. We’d talked about being prom King and Queen forever, and he was going throw it away? I raged on and on, but nothing would calm me. I picked up the vase on the coffee table. I’d see how he liked being made into some hideous creature, the smashed feeling. I yelled at him to say something, to tell me why he was doing this to me, why he was ruining me, but his mouth was stitched, eyes glazed as if death had already taken ahold of him. I threw the vase. 

Mother rushed in at that moment, watching in horror as her favourite vintage glasswork crashed with the force of a hurricane into her neatly-done wall. I screamed in frustration. And Brent - who had just sat there (sat there!) unflinchingly through my outpour, my heart to heart, my brave and honest display of my deepest emotions - got up and left. I had had it with him. Everyone was already gossiping about our fall from power, and he wouldn’t even try to fix it. Even Mother couldn’t  reassure me with promises of clothes or a redecoration. Brent had ruined me. 

Cooper     Wow... So, which day was this incident?

Murphy     Tuesday. It’s the only day we have cheerleading and football together. 

Cooper      And what about Thursday? The day of his death?

Murphy     Oh on Thursdays I go to the spa with Mother. And sheesh I needed something relaxing this week! So I got the Swedish treatment, with extra oils.

Cooper     Around when would you say you came out of the spa? 

Murphy     Probably 8. You can’t rush a traditional European deluxe massage.

Cooper     But that would place you in the spa way before and after the time of the murder..

Murphy     For sure it does! If it wasn’t me, then who was it? I blame that exchange kid - Mother says never to trust anyone from Illinois. 

Cooper    Wait so what was that whole thing earlier where you wanted me to know you didn’t really mean to do it? 

Murphy    I didn’t! Now I can never wear that jumper again, and Mother’s super upset that I broke her vase. Officer can I go?

Cooper    I guess so. We might call you in again later, though. 

Notes - 8.02pm : I really thought this case couldn’t be easier, what with the murder weapon being cuticle scissors. But our main suspect has an alibi (which I’ll check, of course). This really is turning out a little bizarre. 

Proud I have finally developed the entire plot. Republishing to sort out continuity with formatting. 

1

Oooh interesting!

• The_Sunrise_Queen

AAHHH I wanna read more! will you notify me if you come out with a second part??? this is fascinating!

• Jason_claire :)

Dear goodness, what a strange girl. It's funny how people actually act like that and expect it to be reasonable. I suppose growing up in such a way, you know nothing more than what you have. Pretty interesting!

That's a LONG comment!

I loooove this! All your series' are so interesting and unique! The formatting is really cool and the way you have "notes" This is amazing and intriguing and (tbh I read the second one first but it still made sense XD) but this is just such an awesome series and cool idea! You HAVE to write more!! (that is totalllllly nooooot a threat- what are you talking abouutttt?)
    Barelybear RE quote: Hahah thank you! And ooh, I see that now- let the essay commence!
    RE: Awww thank youuu!!! And hahah, yes, the Nyla twist, mmm that should be the name of a new sundae!
    Awww and HAHAH loll sameee!
    Aww thank you and yeah that makes total sense! And I agree, it’s always really interesting to see what other people face.

HAHA “teeth bad enough” man, orthodontics must be really losing out there- here every other kid has got a metal mouth!
    Loll yes I will and tsk tsk tsk (biggest head shake yet!!) You don’t even know Iron Man?? And saying he’s from DC- *gasp* biggest insult yet! (Iron Man’s Marvel XD) And HAHAHA loll, and wdym, of course, rock is first on my cuisine bucket list!

YESSSS IT IS! And hahahah loll I know! And haha, can I answer both? ;) No but in all seriousness it’s because I KNEW you were going to say that! (My mum says the same thing lolll- right down to over criticizing Hersheys as the epitome of American chocolate)
    Ok yes Cadbury is amazing (afterrr Swiss choclate- i.e. Lindor and Toblerone)
    Ok, I actually like Hersheys thoughhhh! But I much prefer other chocolates when I have the choice. HAHAH, you’re not going to like my choice of British chocolate then (Milky Bar hehe). White chocolate is generally my favourite but it really depends on the mood- sometimes all I want is a bitter dark! And oooh, I think I had a Cadbury Marvellous Creations once and it was very yummy and yeah, Milky Ways are definitely awesome. (Honestly there are sooo many different types of English chocolate and each is more chaotic then the next- I mean Curly Wurly!!) And mmm yeah!

HAHAHA, “one of those really nice movie characters that breaks into the heart of the rich guy” Shhh why are you revealing the plot of every single one of my dreams? LOL

And ohhhh yess, cause you take the big testy thing in GRADE (because year should only be used when you are referring to age!! XD) 6. And oooh yikes, scary. What do you want to do?

Hahah it definitely is in some respects and LOLL. Yes, it’s definitely super pretty and hahah yeah, seems to be a common theme with French speakers (jab at Quebec there- although obviously there are still really good people) but yeah, there’s tons of little French speaking islands!
    Oooh yes you should definitely come here! That’s so awesome you’ve already been- but why Oshawa of all places? (Also pretty cool you went there- I live like an hour north of there!)

HAHAHAH loll I hate when teachers do that! And awwww thank youuu, yes, because one mark off and suddenly I’m a lawyer (sorrrrryyyy, I just don’t like lawyers! Well the ones who defend guilty people anyways- there’s a few good ones!)
    Haha yes!

Oh that’s so cool! And awwww haha, I thought I was the only one who did stuff like that! (Like if I ever volunteer for something I’ll take a picture if they post me on something hehe)

Ooh let me check- awww Ellieeee! You look so pretty! And haha, you don’t look too shiny at all! You look very athletic and like you’re hiking or something- a healthy amount of shiny I guess!
    And aww wow, hope it lives up the expectations. I posted it just now (without the video though cause I can’t be bothered to say it if I’m still going to edit and change it) And hahaha, seee, the thing is I don’t exactly plan things. I kind of just write and see where it takes me. Then I might wait on it for a day or two and cut some things or add something but generally my original thoughts are what I keep- which is why somethings I post may be quite confusing XD
    And yes you definitely should! HAHAH, yeah, the biggest part is just getting started!

Yayyy! We love positive reinforcement! Good job on you for getting through my response as well!
    Ooh I had a great day, thank you!- all I had to do for school was watch a movie! (The Romeo and Juliet movie cause I had English and yes my school system is soo werid cause of COVID that I had English all day)
    Hope you had an *absolutely smashing* (most British thing I can think of) day!
    Nyla <3

• A. Penderwick

Oooooh! It's just as intriguing the second time around.