PouringOutTheSun

Ireland

“In the darkness, two shadows, reaching through the hopeless heavy dusk. Their hands meet, and light spills in a flood, like a hundred golden urns pouring out the sun.” -Madeline Miller, “The Song Of Achilles.”

#blacklivesmatter

Not my usual subject matter but I’m dealing with so many gods and heroes in my book right now and sometimes i just want to write about stupid teenagers in love.

She Came Blustering Up to You in a Car Park Three Months Ago and Now You Can’t Get These Thoughts of Dying Out of Your Head

26
She takes a look at your science notes, the messy ones that show how your mind is going a mile a minute and she gasps. It goes deep into her chest and you want to ask if she’s okay, but already her hands are clasped around your wrists.

“Tell me you dream of the stars,” she says, eyes alight with all those things she can’t quite reach because her mind has never wrapped around numbers and calculations the same way yours has. You take a deep breath; steady your chest so that it doesn’t fall apart on you.

“They’ve crossed my mind once or twice,” you whisper back because your teacher has an eye on the both of you, turned in to each other like sunflowers towards the sun.

The sigh she gives makes your heart constrict. “Well that’s just not enough, is it?” she’s saying, and the way she pulls away and picks her pen back up has you wondering how you haven’t lost her yet. “I lay awake for them, most nights.”

“I’m sorry,” you reply, because everything’s swimming before your eyes. She’s so brightly lit with colour and it’s always been this way; it’s always been you half in love with the way her mouth moves and her half in love with the way the clouds move.

“That’s alright.” She pats your hand lightly and the world falls away for it. “Just think of them every now and then, won’t you? For me.”
on a cosmic love kick, please leave me be.

• August 23, 2020 - 8:39am (Now Viewing)

• spurtsofdarkness

gorgeousgorgeousgorgeous i do not know how i haven't encountered this account

"your teacher has an eye on the both of you, turned in to each other like sunflowers towards the sun", "She’s so brightly lit with colour and it’s always been this way; it’s always been you half in love with the way her mouth moves and her half in love with the way the clouds move." i'm going to have to ask you to stop, i'm in the middle of class and this piece is making my heart slowly constrict and implode with how gentle and lovely this is (jk obviously, never stop writing!)

• Kedron

This story is beautiful. Just saying
    "Tell me you dream of the stars," she says, eyes alight with all those things she can't quite reach because her mind has never wrapped around the calculations like yours has." honestly, I relate so much to the girl in that sentence. this story is wonderful

• inanutshell

ahh this is so wonderfully light & lovvy (if that's a word..) "turned in to each other like sunflowers towards the sun" that's so cute omgggg "She pats your hand lightly and the world falls away for it." its details like these in this piece that makes me feel all soft on the inside. love this! <3

• xXlunagirlXx

One thing I love, sunflowers turn towards eachother when they can't get sun, I call my boyfriend my sunflower because of that... Sunflowers are now my favorite flower, because I think they are more romantic than roses

• ava09 (angels, auroras and sad prose #holidayvibes)

andddd bookmarked! i love love love love LOVE this piece omg <3

geez, this is gorgeous and so painfully *good*. the sentimental and poignant vibe to it is literally everything! and the love!! i feel it! "it’s always been you half in love with the way her mouth moves and her half in love with the way the clouds move." literally sobs. this is brilliant.

• Cici'sTimes

Awww, this reminds me of a pair of characters from a book called This Story is a Lie by Tom Pollock. Though, the story isn't very romantic, it is a thrilling read. It kinda captures what your characters are experiencing.