dovetrees

"ad astra per aspera."
16
baking, swimming, & doctor who and history enthusiast
infj, hufflepuff, est. july 2020

hello hello! you'll recognise this from by welcome to wtw post if you saw it (it has now fallen like the others), but i thought i'd repost it as a thank you for fifty followers! i read somewhere that online it doesn't seem like many at all, but fifty people in one room is actually a lot! thank you again <3

she shows appreciation, you are her inspiration

16

why do you write like you're running out of time? like you need it to survive, every second you're alive?

there is something so beautiful about words. there's something so stunning about the writing of Charlotte Brontë, Mary Shelley and Oscar Wilde that really makes you think. about the humanity that seeps through those words and bleeds onto the pages as you tear at the pages like a starved animal. every word leaves you craving more and more until eventually,  life turns into a desert of chaos and every book is an oasis of serenity. every life led, every lost love, every lesson learned  is such a powerful example of what it's like to be human. i believe that's why we turn to the arts, to showcase our humanity that is so much more than being able to solve complex equations or perform a science experiment. 

writing gives me an opportunity to highlight the magic of the world. something is beautiful to me, so i write about it. something makes me sad, i write. nature proves its beauty once again? i am suddenly a romantic poet from the english countryside in the 1500s. and expressing this beauty reminds me that i am human. and that is good. i do need it to survive, because surviving is so much easier when you learn to love every little piece of the puzzle of life. every little bee, each daisy or buttercup in the fields and every second of sunshine. 

• August 21, 2020 - 4:43pm (Now Viewing)

• Wisp

Epically late congratulations. You deserve every follower you have and so many many more. I can tell you're sure to get more. Also, it's a shame that your welcome post has been taken down because I do remember your kind message to the new WtWers and WtW vets. Still, it is a strikingly raw piece.
    Replying: Thank you for your comments today as well. As mine are making you "float on clouds", yours are making my heart squeeze so tight that it's as if it's enveloped in a hug. Perhaps we can talk more on Prose, since you have recently joined.

• ek503

late congrats!! this is gorgeous, and you deserve it <3 here's to 50 and the more that's already on its way :)

ahh this is so beautiful! i'm late but you deserve every follower, congrats on 50!! "i do need it to survive, because surviving is so much easier when you learn to love every little piece of the puzzle of life." this is exactly how i feel about writing too and you put it into words so well!

• Cici'sTimes

I am so inspired by the flow of this piece. It just all falls into a calm stream of words expressing ideas so fluidly. I love your work:)

• BlueWolf

I love this piece. Just WOAH!!!

• RemovedUser1

Yes, I’ve read this before, but it’s still so beautiful! Every line brings more to the poem. “ i do need it to survive, because surviving is so much easier when you learn to love every little piece of the puzzle of life.” I think this might be my favorite line, but I love all of it! And this one “ until eventually, life turns into a desert of chaos and every book is an oasis of serenity.” Amazing!!
    Replying: Thanks for your nice comments!

• bellairet

"i believe that's why we turn to the arts, to showcase our humanity that is so much more than being able to solve complex equations or perform a science experiment." Your writing always manages to capture big ideas so eloquently! And I love the little rhyme/rhythm at the beginning, how it's not rigidly structured and it adds to the flow of the piece. Congratulations on 50!! I remember the first time I read one of your pieces, it was like just woah?? Every piece of yours has so much effort and artistry put into it, and your style feels so natural and beautiful to me :)

aww thanks for the comment.you're so sweet too<3

ay correct me if i'm wrong, but- you're half indian?

replying: that's great to hear! and congrats once again- yeah haha indian mothers>>>

ughh im sorry about your appreciation post getting taken down, the admins did the same thing to mine :/
    but also-CONGRATS ON 50!!! you're literally one of my fav new kids, and you deserve this :) ooh also- about your exam results, i've heard that british students were protesting about the gcse's? did that affect you as well? good luck anyway!

• inanutshell

NOOO your appreciation post has fallen? :(( i'm glad you've posted this again tho, genuinely do love it as is. congrats on 50 followers!! you absolutely deserve every single one and more. good luck with your exam results tmr, all the best!! <3

• Bonnie Park

this is truly beautiful writing, such an inspiring piece!