Paisley Blue

she/they | minnesotan
INFP-T, lesbian, christian
--
est. June 2, 2020

absolutely in love with words
theater geek and musician
trying to spread kindness and love and all that jazz <3

tell me what's on your mind
:)

Feedback please!!!! Really just let me know what you like/dislike. Thanks, all!! Happy writing!! <3

Cracked

9
    The first thing I remember about her is her nail polish.
    She loved to paint her nails, even when she had chewed them so short they would bleed. She would paint them in the brightest colors, meant to draw your eyes right to them. I don't remember the colors so much as the fact that they were always imperfect.
    Even when she first painted them, they would be chipped or smudged in some way. There would be patches of nail showing, from underneath the purples and oranges. There were always cracks--but she hid them well. She hid them with bright colors and flashy stickers, and unless you were looking you couldn't see them. No one but me could see her cracks.
    The last thing I remember about her is the way she looked, so broken, having been cracked for so long that eventually, the paint was gone.
I honestly don't know where this came from

• August 26, 2020 - 5:30pm (Now Viewing)

Replying: Oh you're welcome! As for the quote, yeah HB's had it up for a while. I'm flattered that you guys like it so much. ^u^

• Jasmine khawar

Woah! This is beautifully written, it's really interesting too. Amazing!

• abby.a

I love this!! It feels almost familiar. The way you wrote it makes it seem like the reader also knew this person, but not nearly as well. Another amazing piece!

• A Certain Type of Decisive

This is short, but powerful-- I wish I knew more about these characters! They seem so interesting!