inanutshell

she/her/illiterate

let's pretend like i've been writing regularly this august :)
my brain has decided to give up on me <3

a split sense of self (+ a late thank you for 100 <3)

20
sometimes i stay in the darkest corners of the room,
between the sliver of space where my two shadows meet.

here, they blend into a singularity, a fusion of my competing
superlatives. this is where the light does not reach me,

where it cannot expose me for my incongruences. in this
i am but two sides of the same coin — you flip me to find

my tail ambiguous in value, my head as blank as cold static.
but conforming is what i do best, and i contort my body to fit

into the littlest corners, fleeing to my refuge with abandoned
rays nipping at my heels. luminous laughter trails to my ears,

taunting me relentlessly as i play this inane game of coin flip
over and over, each time desperate for a different outcome.

my shadows place their bets as to when i'll brave the light but
odds are, this seclusion will claim me before the coin lands.

"my head as blank as cold static" best describes this mess. genuinely don't know what i tried to do here

ALSO hello hello! just wanna add in a huge & sorta late thank you for 100!! never expected 100 actual humans to click that follow button when i started out a few months ago, and i'm always grateful for everyone who has ever liked/commented/read my writing. am trying my hardest not to get sappy here but y'all truly mean a lot to me here on wtw. i've read so many inspiring pieces & met so many wonderful people in that time, so i'm truly lucky to have hit this milestone. would love to pay it forward, so if y'all have any pieces you'd like me to review just let me know, i'd be more than happy to. thank you :))))

• August 28, 2020 - 10:23am (Now Viewing)

• V-Poinsettia (V-Rose) #holidayvibes

Chapter 10 of Never Really Real
    (Hey-lo!)

ahh congrats on 100! you deserve every one of them, i love your writing and i look forward to every time you post!

• fatpanda

congrats on a hundred, here's to your next milestone! <3
    (also sksksks that 1975 song? LOVE LOVE LOVE)

• rainydayz

yay for 100! keep up the amazing work and i can’t wait to see you hit your next milestone.

• naomi ling

ohhh congrats big sister!! u are truly one of my biggest inspirations in poetry & prose. don't drop that pen, here's to 100 more <3 <3

• Doodleninja

the way this piece flows is so satisfying to read! XD
    I echo everyone's praises here in the comments and congrats on 100 followers! I am still in love with your flash fiction piece for the competition and I wish you all the best in your future writing and life in general! :)

"my tail ambiguous in value, my head as blank as cold static.
    but conforming is what i do best, and i contort my body to fit" jashdg i think chrys said it all really- this is so beautifully written, and the metaphors are *chef's kiss* perfect.
    congrats on 100 followers!!!! honestly, you and your writing deserve this sm and i'm glad to have found your account <3

firstly, this piece is absolutely gorgeous. i love the metaphor of light, and how it's the darkness that is depicted as the "refuge". "between the sliver of space where my two shadows meet." that is so gorgeous, like oml the language in this. like finding yourself in the light but being unwilling to step into it. the ending is the perfect mix of bleak and hopeful. the tone too, i feel like this is the sort of voice that i've seen many times before in more "loud" pieces, but you wield it extremely well like this. i'm all in for this.

secondly, ack it's only my mistake that i don't appear in your notifs often. recently, i've fallen out of touch w/ a lot of ppl's pieces and that's my fault. dskjsld this piece was so good though. seriously cannot gush enough. whoa, look at that reaction! happy 111 now!! you're such a role model (ahhhh no 19 years :() and you totally deserve every follower! here's to a ton more!!!! <33333

• Dmoral

i remember it took me a minute to realize that i was an idiot for not following you, but now here i am months later, often visiting your profile just to see some of your latest writing. so congrats, you definitely deserve it!

also, btw, i'm absolutely in love with this piece, bloody hell. the diction, the abstract-well, everything- the figurative language and imagery, my whole heart is gushing over this. so yeah, love this- it just proves why you have as many followers as you do - you're amazing lovely, keep writing !

Awesome piece and congrats!!