Tinh

Cayman Islands

I would love to hear about the opinions concerning my choice of words.

The Mirror

It was your first day coming here, the house that your grandfather left to you after his death. After inspecting every room, you finally came face to face with the most shady place there was and in the middle of this room, stood a mirror. You could see your reflection through it, but something was weird, this image of you was slowly distorting itself into the most disgusting and horrible image you’ve ever seen. You then heard a voice whisper, ‘how beautiful are you really on the inside?’. Even to this day, you still remember this day.

• August 17, 2020 - 11:25am (Now Viewing)

• mia_:)

hi!! welcome to the write the world community! i'm mia; feel free to comment on one of my pieces if you have any questions or just want to say hi! i'm so glad you're here!! *throws confetti* here's a resource that i found really useful when i was first starting out:
    i can't wait to see what else you write! don't be shy; come to me if you need anything at all!!

• birthdaycandles

I really like this story you've gone for! I'd perhaps just suggest maybe making your last line more impacting to leave the reader wondering about what happens next etc. Perhaps try something like, "Even to this day, you try to prove the mirror wrong." or "Even to this day, you've never looked in a mirror since." I 'm not sure how you'd make that fit into the word count, but I think it'd be more of a suspenseful ending! Great work so far though, and best of luck for the competition!