Wicked!

ENFP-T

Daydreaming and procrastinating more than is healthy.

Writer's block and sleep deprivation are my constant companions.

Community Ambassador Alum

[pfp: cover art for "Wild World" by Bastille]

Not proud of this lol

On ceasing to be

It hurts extraordinarily: you smile on seeing 'Maa' flash across your phone one morning—it's been quite long since you talked to her. It's her nurse, though. Your mother is no more, she says. You feel like you've been thrown into a chasm, but you almost say that you'll never let her be no more. It hurts more than you thought it would.   

But it hurts yet more when you hear the doorbell one night, happy because you think the pizza's early. It hurts extraordinarily when it's the police instead. We're sorry, they say, but your daughter is no more.  

• August 17, 2020 - 8:02am (Now Viewing)

• Bhavya's Treasure

Youve created a very detailed and interesting prompt!
    Have you read Geetanjali?

• Bhavya's Treasure

If you're Wicked then I'm Witch! XD Lol!

I'd checked the list of community ambassadors and you were the only Indian there. So, I found out that Wicked has got to be Muskan Dhiman. :)

• Bhavya's Treasure

Heartbreakingly stunning!
    Repetition of 'no more' just pricks the heart so much!

If you don't mind me asking, is your name Muskan? :)

• daylightprisms

"You feel like you've been thrown into a chasm, but you almost say that you'll never let her be no more. It hurts more than you thought it would. " this is so heartbreaking and beautiful.

replying: so sorry i'm replying so late, i've been busy with schoolwork and whatnot and just forgot! yes, i would love to do a review exchange.

What???? This is greattttt!

• And_The_Stars_Laughed

This truly is heartbreaking, but at the same time, it's so well done. I can really sense the sorrow that the protagonist is feeling, you did such a wonderful job conveying so much emotion in such a short piece. Also, I wanted to say that I'm so glad that I've been able to work with you over the past couple of months as well, your writing is always mesmerizing! :)

.....stop breaking my heart :/

• inanutshell

oh man this is heartbreaking :( love the connection between "no more" and the title, and how this succinctly tells a story of different generations & loss. i really like this!