~wildflower~

15
Loves music, nature, poetry, emotive writing, thinking
Passionate about the environment
pianist, Christian, tall
~in love with the stars~
Joined April 2020

Proud member of the (unofficial) AHPU (Abnormal-Height Peoples' Union)

Sorry the title is so long!!

logic will not tear down the dreams of a free heart

I know what my heart is like
with it’s beautiful, unwavering, futile song:
it is like the dandelions
who whisper wishes to fleeting winds,
hidden within folds of sunshine
and fated to its bittersweet kiss...
they will never stop reaching for the stars.
The first line and structure of this piece are taken from “Ebb,” a poem by Edna St. Vincent Millay.

• August 20, 2020 - 5:55am (Now Viewing)

• RemovedUser1

Wow! I love the last line. Also the way you described the song. Great job!

• spurtsofdarkness

replying: oh my god you do not know how much that means to me. thank you so much, you just made my day

• Doodleninja

replying: thank you so much for the kind comments and I don't mind your little sharing at all! what providential timing that you found my piece when you did! XD
    Honestly, that's sort of a coping mechanism for me, just knowing other people go through the same things I do and that I'm not alone. Whenever I see someone express my exact thoughts in words too, I get this sense of connection, which makes me feel better. So I'm beyond happy that my writing could help you out a bit right now! <3

• Doodleninja

the vibes in here from the vocab you use, like "dandelions" and "whisper wishes" and "folds of sunshine" is just brilliant and satisfying and it paints such a beautiful picture. Well done! :D

replying: aw you flatter me! no problem, you’re quite talented yourself :)

i adore edna millay! lovely piece: “ who whisper wishes to fleeting winds, /hidden within folds of sunshine“ sooo pleasant and descriptive!

• happygiggles

replying: Oh my gosh, you are literally so sweet! Thank you so much for your comment on my recent piece, it genuinely made my heart happy! I'm sorry to hear that you have been struggling with anxiety recently, but I promise it gets better! I know that everybody says that, but it is actually true, these things just take time. The way I think of it is that the bad things that you go through, are just a representation of how strong of a person you are. You are more than anxiety, you are more than that stupid voice in your head whispering nasty things to you. Also, I'm glad I'm not the only one who talks to myself all the time, my family honestly think I'm starting to go insane! Then again, over lockdown I think I actually did!!

Also, this poem is a-ma-zing, I can just tell you are gonna go places with your writing! I knew her before she was famous people! <3

• PureHeart

Replying: yes of course! sorry I should've told you before. The song is called Fake Love by BTS. The lyrics are in Korean but even when translated they are just as beautiful and deep. Hope this helps!

• PureHeart

Replying: thanks again for a lovely comment!
    The quote in my bio is actually from a really great song so I can't take credit for it! But I glad you like it. The lyrics in the song are really deep and poetic, so I took some inspiration from it!

• inanutshell

love this piece & the simile used here! perfectly describes the "unwavering, futile song". also, i think this long title really adds additional context to the piece, fits really well! :))

I'm actually a sucker for long titles, and this one is no exception. Really great piece!

• PureHeart

Replying: thank you so much for your comment on my work. You have no idea how much that means to me! Your words are very touching and people like you are why I have the motivation to write. Thanks again and keep being your awesome, motivational self!

I love this!! So strong and sweet. Wonderful poem!