t.shah

Hi, I'm a young writer who wants to improve my skills. I'm always open to feedback and criticism so please feel free to brutally review my work. I look forward to learning from y'all.

“There is no rule on how to write. Sometimes it comes easily and perfectly: sometimes it’s like drilling rock and then blasting it out with charges.” ~ Ernest Hemingway

Crumbling

She sat on the bathroom floor of the 7-11. Her mascara smudged, her hair still dripping from the rain, and her dirt-covered dress now in shreds. She prayed that the sound of her tears would not reach the other side of the stall door. She could already imagine the crowd gathering outside, all convened just to get a glimpse of her dishevelled state. She begged herself to regain composure. After all, how could she cry over something that was never hers to begin with.

• almost flora kane

I really like this! It's written in a way that makes me itch to know the rest of the story, so great writing. When revising, I would think about making it just a little bit clearer to find a better balance between mystery and creating a piece of a story. I applaud your details though, it makes the scene feel very real:)

• Rachaelgrace (hiatus) :)

This is powerful!!