beth r.

... just your average, teenage writer

ehehe

A Letter To God *prompt in footnotes*

23
Dear God,
Hey, it's me- Beth. But you probably already know that because, well, you're God. 
You're likely wondering why an awkward potato such as myself is trying to contact someone of your caliber. It's because I have had this burning question that I wanted to ask you for a while- but I wasn't sure if I should, because you know... can't really send UPS to heaven. So here goes:
To put it mildly, Earth has been a hot mess. There's this nasty thing called COVID-19. With it came death, isolation, and poverty. 
There's also been natural disasters- fires, floods, hurricanes...
As if that's not lovely enough, there's the constant challenges of hunger, mental and physical illness, and hatred.
Oh, and there's also this thing called global warming that's just magically amazing.
So here's my question: 
WHY?
Are we supposed to learn a lesson from all this? Is it to strengthen our faith in each other? In you?
I'll probably never get an answer to my questions, but I felt that I should still ask. Well, that's all for now. Thanks for making me... um... exist and stuff.
See ya around.
Yours,
Beth
*exhales* vulnerability- ew.
i wrote this months ago, but idk. 
I'm Jewish, but my relationship with religion and stuff right now is more confusing than a WandaVision episode.
so here's your prompt: Write a letter to God, who or whatever that may be to you. 

So, I did it.... https://writetheworld.com/groups/1/shared/227916/version/481907

• Harper Stone

I love your writing and the WandaVision comment was hilarious!

Re: Thank you! lol no problem, I'm so spamming youuuu :P Oh ok! Aww that's a shame, I really liked it! YES FINALLY SOMEONE WHO GETS ME! My whole family got the normal coloured ones, and they didn't think I should get black, but I mean black goes with everything! That's ok :)

• A. Penderwick

This is really interesting, and definitely relatable for all sorts of people. I'm not super religious, and I sometimes wonder how people still believe in a god when everything really sucks. But I also get that for some people, believing in god really helps them get through difficult times, and I can totally see how that might feel. Also, the beginning of this made me think of "Hey God, It's Me, Margret" by Judy Blume.
    Unrelated, about the story chain, I thought that sounded like a really cool idea, but I didn't join it last time because I noticed a little too late. If you do it again I would be totally willing to join. Maybe you could set a number of chapters to do, so that way you get an ending?

Interesting! I'm a Christian, and I find this pretty cool :D Do you mind if I ask you on your thoughts of religion?

• serein

Lol I love this in every way possible....
    (also it's cool that you're Jewish! my mom's side of the family is mostly Jewish....)

• ~rain~

lolll beth- although i'm a christian and probably shouldn't find some of it funny... this made my day

• Ree Sethu

wow! this is quite intriguing!

• Halopoet

WandaVision is legit so confusing.

• sci-Fi

ooh... this is cool, i might do this prompt

• (sk)eyesofocher

re: ha..ha..that is exactly what I was doing a second ago... here lemme just https://www.pinterest.com/pin/281543716378951/?conversation_id=5129936250232421734&message=5154371464712991489&sender=288863901007786563
    OH I DID OH THAT'S RIGHT THANK YOUUUUUUUU

• (sk)eyesofocher

the footnotes are exactly me. imma do this prompt though
    How're you, Beth?

• crystalline•galaxies

this hits hard. religion and God and all of that is so confusing. i might use this prompt in the future, but i think that i’m going to have to slow down the religious pieces just a little bit right now haha.

"For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning."
    Psalm 30:5

i love this :)) <33

• AJ - Izzy

I can most definitely relate... to the conversation, the footnotes, the confusion... everything is confusing and confusing is everything sometimes! XD